Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• KazaiWillRule
    Original poster 14 posts

Outside Watchdogs, like in Discord I can use a single usb microphone and separate optical connected speakers and communicate with someone with a headset.
    In Watchdogs with the same setup I cannot hear the other person but the person can hear me. I can see his microphone picture going up and down.
    But,
    When I connect a headset it works fine immediately, no changing settings.
    THANKS in advance

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 429 posts

@kazaiwillrule Hey,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with audio.

Just to clarify, when you're using the USB Mic and Optical connected Speakers, you cannot hear the person you're playing with? But if you use a headset, you can?

Is your in-game sound settings calibrated to make use of the speakers properly?

Official Response
  • KazaiWillRule
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    Just to clarify, when you're using the USB Mic and Optical connected Speakers, you cannot hear the person you're playing with? But if you use a headset, you can?
    That is correct, in Online mode, I cannot hear, but they can hear me. When the gaming headset is plugged in all is fine

Is your in-game sound settings calibrated to make use of the speakers properly?
    I am assuming so, works fine everything but online. Online setting are with mic on. I can see the mic icon of the other person working when he speaks. I just cannot hear.

calibrated to make use of the speakers properly
    Are there setting different for headsets and mic only?

Official Response

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1048 posts

@kazaiwillrule
    Thank you for getting back to us.

Please right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right of your screen and click "Sounds". When the sound window opens up, switch to the "Playback" tab and select the "Speakers" device. When you have selected the "Speakers" device, click "Properties" in the bottom-right of the sound window. On the window for "Speakers Properties", go to the Advanced tab. Please let us know what frequency is set.

Do this again but with your headset plugged in instead and then let us know what the frequency is set to there.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • KazaiWillRule
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubi-viral oh, had to return the headset as they were not mine and I don't have any to test

Now the 
    Speaker has 24bit, 48000 Hz
    SPDIF-Out which is what I use has 2 channel, 16 bit 48000 Hz

Does this help?

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

@kazaiwillrule Thank you for letting us know! Would you be able to create a support ticket or contact us on Facebook or Twitter, and supply your MSinfo and DxDiag files? We would like to take a closer look into this with you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics