ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

I’m curious how many of us play with Glass Cannon?

In my case, as many of you know from my brief history here, it’s been an essential staple of most of my builds to try and keep sponge under control. I play on Challenging now, and find it very playable - suitably intense. I have builds with GC that pair with a rifle, AR, and LMG which all require engagement at range and doing the occasional dodge role to avoid incoming ordinance. The striker drone is very helpful as a distraction in tense situations and against heavies. I generally don’t use a revive hive which creates some added motivation to not take big risks.

I do find that I need to add more armor (and maybe a revive hive) in some of the boss arenas. Especially those where I’m forced to run around in the open trying to disable or hack stuff.

Anyone else play like this? Or are you more balanced or tank oriented?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

Looking at my builds, I mostly use: Unbreakable, Intimidate, Obliterate, Spotter, Tamper Proof & Overwatch.

Note: That doesn't include gear set talents

• Adrian-11
    876 posts

@virtual-chris

I haven't played GC at all, but now I'm curious. Not sure there will a major difference though, because I play mostly red, with only one blue core that usually comes from Memento. If I use GC and I have to trade some of the red for blue cores, I might end up in the same place damage & survivability wise. This for LZ. DZ is a different story.
    It would be interesting to do a full red GC, I bet that's where the big difference would be, but any surprise would be probably lethal. Even if you play long range, like sniper or scoped rifle, you can still get in trouble due to spawns behind or close to you (pesky convoys or patrols).

• Whiskytex
    7 posts

I run it on my skill build and a couple of DPS and hybrid builds. Also run Perfect Glass on Razorback so we can pop those weak points and get to damage phase faster.

• TxDieselKid
    276 posts
    I run it on my skill build and a couple of DPS and hybrid builds. Also run Perfect Glass on Razorback so we can pop those weak points and get to damage phase faster.

I actually use a 3pc W&H and an all red Hollowman to get that extra Health Damage for RB.

In general, I use a Glass a LOT. Skill builds, raid DPS, everything except facetank DPS and PvP.

• xcel30
    643 posts

Run in a couple of builds not on my main regular ones

• Oatiecrumble
    440 posts

I use it on my skill build, anything else it's not worth it IMO, i prefer Unbreakable which allows me to take a lot of hits which in turn allows me to deal out more serious damage.

GC forces you to play the line of sight game, which takes up to much time, kinda makes it pointless to have more Dps with it.

GC requires a certain playstyle, a playstyle i don't like.

• N3mB0t
    801 posts

only on the oxidizer build , i already have my wife to ruin my fun when im playing , dont need no glass cannon to make it worse 😁

• Oatiecrumble
    440 posts

Forgot to add, can't edit my post so my post was based on Heroic+.....on challenging than maybe due to the enemies hitting a lot weaker.

• Virtual-Chris

@adrian-11

Thats exactly how I play… all red with Perfect Glass Cannon and it is lethal but offers the most realistic non-sponge experience both ways that I’ve found (on Challenging). I do Heroic bounties and Level 4 CPs.

In general, compared to most others, it seems I’m unique in my play style. 🙂

• Virtual-Chris
    only on the oxidizer build , i already have my wife to ruin my fun when im playing , dont need no glass cannon to make it worse 😁

LMAO. 😛

• Oatiecrumble
    440 posts
    @adrian-11

Not sure about unique, i would say more of a comfortable way of playing, you don't like bullet sponge so choose to play with GC on challenge mode which will work just fine, on heroic GC can be very dangerous and requires a different playstyle.

At the end of the day you have found something you like and that is the main thing, good on ya!!

• Virtual-Chris
    @adrian-11

Not sure about unique, i would say more of a comfortable way of playing, you don't like bullet sponge so choose to play with GC on challenge mode which will work just fine, on heroic GC can be very dangerous and requires a different playstyle.

At the end of the day you have found something you like and that is the main thing, good on ya!!

That’s a better way to put it.

You mentioned earlier you don’t like the play style it demands. I’m curious what you mean by that.

Qs: (for anyone) Is doing a Level 4 CP with world difficulty set to Challenging different than Heroic difficulty? Is a Heroic bounty the same regardless of your difficulty setting?

• Oatiecrumble
    440 posts

@Virtual-Chris

What i mean by playstyle (this is based on heroic) playing with GC requires being in cover a LOT and finding sweet spots with line of sight, dunno why but it bores me, i prefer to still use cover but also shoot without having to get behind cover all the time due to the damage i am taking from GC......I just find that using GC requires more tactical playstyle which takes time so it kinda negates it's purpose.

It's just a case of playstyle for me.

As for doing a CP at level 4 it's the same as heroic......the only difference being is the rest of the map is still on challenging....so if a roaming patrol joins in on your CP4 the patrol will be challenging but the CP will be heroic.

• LateNiteDelight
    982 posts

I only rock GC if I'm trying to get sweaty, which is pretty rare these days. I enjoy the facetanking that Unbreakable affords me more - I give up 25% WD, but my survivability goes up 400%.

If I want to tone down the sponge, I just drop to Hard. Though you have inspired me to try it on my PfE build - I just haven't had much gaming time lately, and what I did have, I used on the TD1 Global Event.

• Virtual-Chris

What i mean by playstyle (this is based on heroic) playing with GC requires being in cover a LOT and finding sweet spots with line of sight, dunno why but it bores me, i prefer to still use cover but also shoot without having to get behind cover all the time due to the damage i am taking from GC......I just find that using GC requires more tactical playstyle which takes time so it kinda negates it's purpose.

Yeah, I can understand it. I think your preferred play style is how this game was designed. I'm trying to do something it wasn't really intended for... I enjoy that tactical play style and enjoy taking my time. So as you can imagine, those arena battles where I have to disable stuff or hack things or I'm on a timer are very painful for me... they force a play style I don't enjoy: running into the middle of a battle and being shot at from all angles. My ideal outing is one where the enemies seldom get a shot or at least I never use a single armor kit (with Glass Cannon - that's challenging). My goal is to not take any damage 😄

• HonestlyOK1986
    146 posts

Every now and again if i want a challenge, tend to run a 5 red 1 blue with perfect unbreakable and perfect vigilance for that little bit more survivability

• L3AND80
    71 posts

I can only efficiently use the Glass Cannon in my build that I call "Automatic", which is all yellow stats with drone and turret doing most of the job and me with the Capacitor and another weapon with the in Sync talent.

For other builds like DPS, Tank or Hybrid, I don't find the GC as useful due to the damage it brings, which I think is exaggerated, especially the 60% of The Sacrifice vest.

• WalkinTarget1
    31 posts

112 loadouts spread out amongst 2 Ubi accounts and not a SINGLE ONE using GC. That talent can go [censored] off as far as I am concerned. I'd pay Ubi $20 to trash GC and bring back Patience tho 😢

And just so you know I know what I am doing - my primary is SHD 2450 and my secondary is at 605.

• Whiskytex
    7 posts

@txdieselkid Well now you got me curious. Off to the stash...

Suggested Topics