ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WalkinTarget1
    37 posts

Build was as Oatiecrumble suggested - I just swapped out a few pieces on my 0/2/4 build to arrive at an 0/0/6 which was way too squishy, so I recalc'ed the Hana-U PCA bag to blue to settle on a 0/1/5 build. Skills just crushed whatever I targeted - those poor resource convoys were just shredded !! My dmg numbers pretty much tripled (from 50k to 150k) from my original 0/2/4 build with Spark and Bloodsucker as talents.

But exactly what I said would happen did happen. A True Sons roving patrol got pulled into the firefight and lit me up from the side - there was no way I could get both sides covered, so to say that I just need to stay in cover is a bit ...optimistic, and very unrealistic in this game which is notorious for warping in a roaming patrol to ROFLstomp your GC build with ease. Even so, I did not go down, so it speaks volumes as to how useful proper positioning is even if you DO get caught by a flanking patrol, as long as you can get to cover soon and get your skills to refocus on the newer targets quickly.

• TxDieselKid
    322 posts

In those times, yes, you must be a little more "aware" of those NPC's that could wrap around and get you, and you must react before they can really put you in a dangerous spot. I run a 0/0/6 skill build with GC exclusively, and in the streets it can be MUCH more tricky than on a mission with a set route and choke points, or a room behind you that you can run back to.

• Oatiecrumble
    612 posts

@WalkinTarget1 yep there is moments where you can get took buy suprise, i am always taking a glimpse at my minimap to see if there is any surprises, if there is i do as many cover to cover moves to get behind them and get the upper hand.

Oh forgot to mention, put as many skill haste mods on as possible, some say put duration mods but i find the turret lasts long enough and the drone dies before the duration, better to have the drone up as much as possible imo.

• TxDieselKid
    322 posts
    Oh forgot to mention, put as many skill haste mods on as possible, some say put duration mods but i find the turret lasts long enough and the drone dies before the duration, better to have the drone up as much as possible imo.

10,000% agree.

• Oatiecrumble
    612 posts

Plus you are always picking up your turret anyway which puts it back on CD so duration is wasted.

• the_Kettle
    240 posts

Maybe not so applicable for glass cannon (I tend to use Kinetic Momentum for turret/drone builds) but I've found both skill haste and skill duration to be not worth it - you only lose less than 10 seconds cooldown reduction if you switch all those stats to crit, and you gain a whole bunch of weapon damage. My skill build (mostly used for group legendaries) is now Capacitor, 3 Empress, 1 Wyvern, 1 Grupo/Ceska (red core but with a skill damage roll - technician supplies the missing skill tier) and Waveform. All secondary stats and gear mods are skill damage and crit chance or damage, and it works pretty well despite only having skill haste on the waveform and the 3pc Empress efficiency bonus.

Obviously running solo it may be that that extra cooldown is a major problem, but I'd be surprised if it was - a bit of planning (eg destroying the drone when you know you won't run into any enemies immediately), and making sure you drop your turret where you can pick it back up again, and you should always have at least one of the skills available.

I see no major reason why glass cannon wouldn't complement this nicely as it adds further to your already-boosted weapon damage, you'd just need to to develop strong habits of maintaining situational awareness in the open world - always checking your back and radar, and keeping your ears open for telltale NPC noises, and choosing your cover wisely.

• Oatiecrumble
    612 posts
    Maybe not so applicable for glass cannon

Yep, having GC means because you are so fragile having your drone + turret on the lowest CD possible is a matter of life or death, it's the price you pay for that extra damage.

Suggested Topics