ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SmokedRWA
    Original poster 7 posts

Is there a means of recovering save games that were deleted in-game?

I was cleaning up my save folder (through the in-game menus) and accidentally deleted my main save file of 500+ hours. I've checked through all of the file folders and even ran Recuva (which only picked up files from late 2020). I know this is longshot, but maybe there's some means of recovery through the cloud sync/saves?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2677 posts

Thanks for your post about this, @smokedrwa - sorry to hear you've lost save data. I'll be happy to advise you on this.

If you'd elected to send some of your saves to the cloud before they were lost, you'll still be able to reclaim them from the cloud. We've got a support article here describing how this can be achieved.

However, there isn't any way to recover a save file if it has been deleted locally and never synced to the cloud. My apologies that I don't have better news for you on this. Let me know if you've any other thoughts or questions at all.

Official Response
  • Asterix201252
    345 posts

@smokedrwa

If it's not in the cloud as suggested by Ubi-Thrupney (the latest Autosave usually is by default), do you use Windows Backup at all? In Windows 10, there is a Setting that automatically saves files on certain drives. Settings>Update & Security>Backup>Backup using File History. I don't use it so I'm not sure how it works by default, because I use the Looking for an older backup option and use old Windows 7 style, but it might be worth looking in there.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2677 posts

Thanks for your insights on this one, @asterix201252 - we appreciate it!

Official Response

Suggested Topics