Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    Original poster 882 posts

What is this?

It was on a cabinet in Count Odo's sanctuary. But as you can see, there's no description, and even no name for this item.
    I just found it after completing the whole DLC.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1183 posts
    Best Answer

Hey everyone - I have exciting news! 👀 Your guesses were correct!

I was able to discuss this mysterious item with the development team and Community team, and it has been confirmed that this item was originally a healing balm for Odo's wife named "Oil of the Sick", and ended up being removed as part of TU 1.3.1 as it has no use in-game. I don't have any further details as to what the item was intended to do, unfortunately, but hopefully knowing for definite what the item was meant to be will satisfy lingering curiosities!

Thanks again for reporting this to the team, and great investigative work!

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    523 posts

@bielik01 I’m going to go with ectoplasm. Hehehe...

• WERMWOOD
    47 posts

@thenorfolkian Don't you know anything? That's a jar of Viking buttboil cream!

• bielik01

@Ubi-Borealis can you check this item and pass it on to the devs?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1559 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

It looks like one of the items for sale, to be honest - however, it should've had a description. Based on that, I forwarded this to the development team for further review.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • bielik01

@ubi-mark what item for sale? What would Odo have for sale? It doesn't look like any other trinked I found until now, and notice it's quest item.

• TheNorfolkian
    523 posts

@wermwood You could be right! Hahaha... if it’s an item for sale, it could be some kind of topical ointment! It’s a bit too opaque to be mint jelly.

• TheeElf
    264 posts

@ubi-mark This item is on the bedroom dresser when you are at the Palais de la Cité. Not sure what the point of it was though.

• TheNorfolkian
    523 posts

@theeelf Perhaps Odo has a boyfriend?

• WERMWOOD
    47 posts

@thenorfolkian Odo doesn't seem the type to wanna bother with the KY....just sayin'

• TheNorfolkian
    523 posts

@bielik01 There is a possibility that it is some kind of healing salve or balm. I’ve seen similar shaped containers with the lid on wherever there were medical supplies or other goods. I’m genuinely curious now. Perhaps there was a side quest or world event in the works and it would have involved getting this item, but then it got shelved?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1559 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for your updates on this! I just checked the request I sent to the development team about this but I haven't received any updates on it yet - rest assured, I will keep this thread updated once I hear back from the developers 🙂

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    523 posts

@ubi-mark @bielik01 I went back and found the same thing, but I took a picture of what it really looks like in the game, and I’m surprised it’s so different in appearance from the picture in the inventory. Since you find this item in the bedroom where the wife is dying, it’s fair to say that it is some kind of medicinal ointment/salve/balm. Surely, it can’t be makeup, right?

• basel19751224
    53 posts

well actually there is a readable letter in one of the basement in the palace from the smugler lady with a recipe for healing balm
    it is a medivial wick balm for coughing

• bielik01

@basel19751224 so the devs just skipped the description and the name for this item

• basel19751224
    53 posts

most likely or maybe there was a diferent way to enter the lady chamber based around with this item then later got dismissed the idea and left there unfinished

• TheNorfolkian
    523 posts

@basel19751224 Sounds like you’ve solved the mystery! Good investigating.

@bielik01 Yeah, I noticed in my inventory that the description box is blank for the item, so it would seem like there probably was going to be some added dialogue and actions by Eivor to get to Odo. Like, maybe the wife would cough and want some medicine, and Eivor would go fetch it and give her some, and only then would she tell Eivor where Odo is.

I’ll bet that during the development, someone decided to scrap that story idea and just go straight through with her on death’s door and Eivor faking being a priest instead of a ‘nurse’ or whatever. Except that they forgot to remove all the items related to the extra items... the balm and the letter. Let’s just add this to the list of things that prove Ubisoft rushed this expansion out the door.

• bielik01
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3861 posts

Hello there!

You've carried out some great detective work, @TheNorfolkian & @basel19751224! I would also guess that this is some sort of medical ointment as well, based off the appearance and some contextual clues. The development team haven't yet provided us with an update on what this item is supposed to be, as well as why it can be collected. I've passed on the additional comments you have shared to see if this can shed some light on the mystery item.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bielik01

So it was easier to remove the item completely than to provide name and description for it?
    I just noticed it missing from my inventory.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics