Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    533 posts

@bielik01 Yeah, I noticed that the other day too. I wouldn’t be surprised if they removed the item from Odo’s room completely so that there wouldn’t be anything to interact with. At least we had that brief opportunity to snag it in the first place and consider what it was.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3887 posts

Hello there @bielik01 & @TheNorfolkian!

It looks like this item was removed from the game following TU 1.3.1. We haven't been able to find out any additional information about what this item was supposed to be. I personally think the theories about it being a healing balm seem the most likely. It's possible that, as discussed by some of you within this thread, this item was no longer required in the game, which is why the development team have chosen to remove it. We wouldn't be able to speculate on why they decided to do this rather than provide further information on the mystery item.

If we are able to find out any further details, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    533 posts

@ubi-borealis It is kind of a bummer that no further information was ‘found’ about this item. Have you simply received no response from the developers on this matter?

Regardless, I still think it makes sense that the balm and the letter were part of an alternate OR additional means of deception to acquire the information about Odo, and that the developers decided that it wasn’t necessary to keep the story moving... except that they forgot to remove said items before publishing the expansion.

I’m not angry about not getting answers, I’m just curious about the process that goes into game development at Ubisoft.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

Hey everyone - I have exciting news! 👀 Your guesses were correct!

I was able to discuss this mysterious item with the development team and Community team, and it has been confirmed that this item was originally a healing balm for Odo's wife named "Oil of the Sick", and ended up being removed as part of TU 1.3.1 as it has no use in-game. I don't have any further details as to what the item was intended to do, unfortunately, but hopefully knowing for definite what the item was meant to be will satisfy lingering curiosities!

Thanks again for reporting this to the team, and great investigative work!

Official Response
  • bielik01
    Original poster 885 posts

@ubi-woofer can you mark your post as Best Answer? 🙂

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 489 posts

@bielik01

Hey there.

Seem to be having some issues with flagging a different post as the correct answer in this thread, gonna get that looked at but we're on the case!

Official Response
  • bielik01
    Original poster 885 posts

@ubi-orion so I found another bug in the forum itself. Unfortunately, I cannot unmark @Ubi-Borealis' answer and mark another one.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 489 posts

@bielik01

Yep that's the exact same issue I'm experiencing on my side as well. Going to get that looked into!

Official Response
  • KopfSmertZz
    71 posts

@ubi-borealis Aha, that is why this item is gone from my inventory. I found it some time ago and wondered what it was since it it had no description. Now I know, cheers!

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1591 posts

Hello @KopfSmertZz,

No worries! Our team is always happy to assist! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics