ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    Original poster 1721 posts

There were at least three small chests in Palais de la Cité and two in Durocas (I'm not sure of the latter), which were not shown on the map.
    Only using Odin Sight revealed them. The same happened for me in Ireland, but I forgot where it was.
    Why is this happening?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2197 posts

Hello @bielik01,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Can you please demonstrate a few screenshots of this occurring including the location of the chests, so we can have a look?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • bielik01

@ubi-mark there is one on the tower in Île de la Cité, from which we can get inside Palais de la Cité.

@Ubi-Borealis I can't show the screenshots, because I already opened the chests. Can you check the location I gave and see there's no golden dot for it on the map?
    Anyway... the devs should know where they located the chests... I don't know how much more are left unknown and unopened.

• bielik01
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hey there @bielik01,

Thank you for clarifying one such specific location where you can find an unmarked small chest. It would be helpful as @Ubi-Mark says if you could provide an image or video clip demonstrating this behaviour, or else just the exact map location of the chest and what it looks like at the location (you should find the chest in the same spot, but hanging open) so that we can pass these resources onto the developers.

I recall a few months ago reading a thread about some unmarked small chests in various areas in England, and encountered a couple of these myself, so I am familiar with the behaviour you're describing. I'll do my best to find out for you whether they are just extra wealth chests for the dedicated explorers among us, or if it is indeed a bug that they are not shown on the map when viewing it, when I have access to at least one image of your map / one of the opened chests in question for me to open the investigation with!

Thank you. 🙂

Official Response
  • bielik01
    This post is deleted!
  • bielik01

@ubi-woofer here you are

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@ubi-woofer Sorry for borrowing this thread; I do not have the Siege of Paris DLC, but I can confirm that this small-chest-not-appearing-on-map issue does appear in England because I also encountered a few of such chests myself. As a completionist I made sure I opened all chests on the map, large and small, but later as I tried to collect some Opals, I encountered along the way a few small chests in my game which remained unopened (only when I used Odin's Vision did I notice those chests, and they definitely did not appear on the map. I know small chests require zooming into the map to see them, I did that, but the small gold dots of those small chests still did not show up). Of course, this is a very minor issue but hopefully this issue could be looked into.

• bielik01

@Ubi-Mark so what about this?

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 385 posts

@bielik01 Heya! I really appreciate the screenshot. I've made sure that this is documented and have filed the report with the Assassin's Creed team to investigate what may be happening!
    @ImaginaryRuins Thank you for letting me know that you also noticed this occurring in England. Do you happen to recall any specific areas?

Official Response
  • cptnmorgan16
    1 posts

@ubikoreanbbq I don't have screenshots, but I just saw a chest like this in the Odin Mine Hideout in Snotinghamscire

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1222 posts

@cptnmorgan16

Hey there.

If it's not possible for you to provide screenshots that's fine but we'd like to submit your save file to the team for further investigation. It appears this account you're using on Discussions is not the account you're playing on, could you confirm the username of that account please? You don't need to manually submit a save file to us we can download it but please ensure your latest save file where this occurred is on the cloud. Thanks!

Official Response

Suggested Topics