ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    Original poster 1804 posts

There were at least three small chests in Palais de la Cité and two in Durocas (I'm not sure of the latter), which were not shown on the map.
    Only using Odin Sight revealed them. The same happened for me in Ireland, but I forgot where it was.
    Why is this happening?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2776 posts

Hello @bielik01,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Can you please demonstrate a few screenshots of this occurring including the location of the chests, so we can have a look?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • bielik01

@ubi-mark there is one on the tower in Île de la Cité, from which we can get inside Palais de la Cité.

@Ubi-Borealis I can't show the screenshots, because I already opened the chests. Can you check the location I gave and see there's no golden dot for it on the map?
    Anyway... the devs should know where they located the chests... I don't know how much more are left unknown and unopened.

• bielik01
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-MrM
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3011 posts

Hey there @bielik01,

Thank you for clarifying one such specific location where you can find an unmarked small chest. It would be helpful as @Ubi-Mark says if you could provide an image or video clip demonstrating this behaviour, or else just the exact map location of the chest and what it looks like at the location (you should find the chest in the same spot, but hanging open) so that we can pass these resources onto the developers.

I recall a few months ago reading a thread about some unmarked small chests in various areas in England, and encountered a couple of these myself, so I am familiar with the behaviour you're describing. I'll do my best to find out for you whether they are just extra wealth chests for the dedicated explorers among us, or if it is indeed a bug that they are not shown on the map when viewing it, when I have access to at least one image of your map / one of the opened chests in question for me to open the investigation with!

Thank you. 🙂

Official Response
  • bielik01
    This post is deleted!
  • bielik01

@ubi-woofer here you are

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@ubi-woofer Sorry for borrowing this thread; I do not have the Siege of Paris DLC, but I can confirm that this small-chest-not-appearing-on-map issue does appear in England because I also encountered a few of such chests myself. As a completionist I made sure I opened all chests on the map, large and small, but later as I tried to collect some Opals, I encountered along the way a few small chests in my game which remained unopened (only when I used Odin's Vision did I notice those chests, and they definitely did not appear on the map. I know small chests require zooming into the map to see them, I did that, but the small gold dots of those small chests still did not show up). Of course, this is a very minor issue but hopefully this issue could be looked into.

• bielik01

@Ubi-Mark so what about this?

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 389 posts

@bielik01 Heya! I really appreciate the screenshot. I've made sure that this is documented and have filed the report with the Assassin's Creed team to investigate what may be happening!
    @ImaginaryRuins Thank you for letting me know that you also noticed this occurring in England. Do you happen to recall any specific areas?

Official Response
  • cptnmorgan16
    1 posts

@ubikoreanbbq I don't have screenshots, but I just saw a chest like this in the Odin Mine Hideout in Snotinghamscire

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1273 posts

@cptnmorgan16

Hey there.

If it's not possible for you to provide screenshots that's fine but we'd like to submit your save file to the team for further investigation. It appears this account you're using on Discussions is not the account you're playing on, could you confirm the username of that account please? You don't need to manually submit a save file to us we can download it but please ensure your latest save file where this occurred is on the cloud. Thanks!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2114 posts

@bielik01 I hadn't seen these two in Durocas either!

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 814 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 Hey! We heard back from the team regarding this issue and the game doesn't show icons for small chests on the map. However, if you aren't seeing icons on the map for chests that are either medium chests or small cargo chests, please let me know!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2114 posts

@Ubi-Perseids

These chest definitions still aren't clear. Playing the game, most of the small chests do indeed appear on the map. Maybe after using Eagle Vision - but not these chests in these threads.

What exactly is a "medium chest"? Large is presumably the monastery stuff, is medium with an armour piece (or whatever)? So small is anything else? If so, what's up with these particular "small" chests? Most appear on the map - it's still not clear what is different about these that don't appear.

I've got x thousand hours on the game and due to these threads got several more of these chests - maybe four. While I cannot imagine there's anything important in any missing chests, why don't the question-mark guys add them to the map, or Ravensthorpemapbloke? Olsen, is that his name?

It's irritating to miss these things and does add to the irritation about missing the easy-to-miss Ymir Scream tattoos when I was at a point of not really understanding how the game works. And the attendant "what else did I miss that I can't now get or even find out about?"

There's a hard-to-see yellow dot near Cyne Belle Castle; south of the castle, half-way down the cliff, is a tower, it's in there (Synin can see a key). I felt the contrast of the colours at that point made it hard to see. Anyway, thought I'd mention it here. It is a small chest that does appear as a yellow dot on the map.

If it makes any difference I bought the map time savers.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1182 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 Hey there, apologies for any confusion.

To my knowledge, small chests contain silver or resources, whereas medium or larger chests contain wealth, ingots, or gear. The chests themselves are also different models, and the large chests require NPC assistance to open.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2114 posts

@Ubi-Mushy

okay, thanks

that's cleared up the definitions but you guys are misunderstanding something

large chests - yep, someone else needed

medium chests - gear, etc, different model and have a specific icon in the game, the three gold bar thing

small chests - others and this is where you are misunderstanding - these DO appear on the map, nearly all of them, they are smaller yellow dots than the other chests

• azullFR
    2666 posts

@Ubi-Mushy
    I confirm what @SpirantCrayon22 says :
    small chests do appear on map (except some for some still unknown reason)
    Map has 4 zooming levels : from Zoomed-out (1) to Zoomed-in (4)
    Zoom 1 = no single chest on map
    Zooms 2 & 3 = only big and medium chests on map (medium dots or clear icons : for both big and medium chests)
    Zoom 4 = everything including small dot for small chest (small chest never have any icon as intended)

here the first type of small chest (notice that once openned the chest's height is just under Eivor's patella), it is the model identical to the first one showned missing a marker on the map of Paris [SoP] :

here is the exact marker of this exact chest on the map = little gold dot in front of the Cyan arrow :

here an example showing medium dots (for medium chests or for Lingot NPC owners) and several little dots (for little chests), the difference is cleary visible (notice that a small dot for a little chest is also in the area I never walked in = South/South-East of the white circle) :
    Hope this will help the game team to fully clarify the situation about small chests and their missing golden dot markers on the maps (in SoP DLC and also in England map)

Note :
    in case the misunderstanding with the game team is there :

1. we are talking about the map, not the HUD
    2. we are talking about 'golden dots markers' as there is (since day one) no 'icon marker' for little chests
  • azullFR
    2666 posts

@Ubi-Mushy

here is the second type of little chest (the one that may have some fabric), notice that, as the previous small chest, this one's height, once openned, is also just under Eivor's patella :

shown on the map : the little dot for this exact chest (and also for it's "twin") just in front of the Cyan arrow :
    Aside Note : this type of 'fabric' chest can sometime have a 'medium glowing dot' (Found one, South of Repton, with a 'medium glowing dot' I suspect that it's when there is some fabric inside, but I still didn't opened it, I'm waiting to level up my skill level some more)

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1182 posts

@azullFR Hey there, thanks for providing that detailed information! I've forwarded this to the team so they can take another look at this issue.

Official Response

Suggested Topics