ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DarrenKing2013
    Original poster 3 posts

I like that Rocksmith + has included tab running along side but for a lot of people which one should we use now and for people that are already use to Rocksmiths note and chord format ? I know how to read tab but i have never tried reading tab while playing the guitar over the track like i have with the RS format, i normally study tab in parts until i remember it , one question is which is easy to read on the fly ? I played rs2014 and got quite good at reading Rocksmith's instructional on what notes to hit but it was only in really fast parts of songs with lots of notes i would struggle and need to slow it down or look back at the tab for the song if possible. .

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Skippern666
    72 posts

@darrenking2013 There's lots of people who learn to play songs using Ultimate-Tabs playback feature, the RS+ Tabs is sort of the same.

I have previously only used tabs to learn specific elements of a song. I think this feature will move the learning to acompletely new level, both in being accessable to more people, but also to add a different level of difficulty.

I hope they also add a way to hide the note highway with the tab view open, to even highten that to another level. A tabs only view is a step towards learning the song good enough to play without visual aids.

• kami-kun
    21 posts

@skippern666

Wholeheartedly agree!

It is difficult to actually learn a song just sight reading it. For it to stick in memory, you kind of need to "learn" and "understand" the song. Work and... huff, here comes the F-word, effort. Reading trought the tabs, understand and practise it at your own tempo is a much more sound way of learning than hoping it will stick from just playing along. In my experience, playing along is just too easy for anything to stick.

• Skippern666
    72 posts

@kami-kun I was thinking along the way to start off with note highway and tabs, using riff repeater on sections, with pace control, than after some time remove the note highway and play with only tabs, before playing with only backing track. If you are just about to start mastering the song, having the tabs can be the needed hint for pushing your skills a little farther.

Suggested Topics