ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 488 posts

So as it happens I spent five days in NYC from last Friday to Tuesday, Aug. 17th. It was a request from my daughter for her birthday, and with no planning whatsoever on my part she had selected multiple locations that are all part of the WONY expansion. It was her first time to NYC, but not even close to my first - although my last visit was well before the original Div even came out in 2016, so my memory was a little foggy.

Anyway, it's pretty interesting to see what a stellar job the map and environment makers did for this game. Some locations, like Clinton Castle were spot on. I wasn't previously aware, but Clinton Castle is really undergoing a major refurb right now and indeed has scaffolding all over it. I suspect this had already started when they visited the site and took pictures, hence the scaffolding in the game. Same with Liberty Island, though absent the grounded boats and the Razorback it looked a little different. 🙂

The area that struck me the most though was the Staten Island Ferry terminal, which from what I can tell was a spot-on reproduction - down to the smallest detail. Coming through the doors to the escalators I was almost expecting to see machine gun-toting baddies there taking up positions.

At any rate, I think Massive and Res Storm have some extraordinary level and asset creators and do amazing work.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

Yeah, there are some very talented artists and designers at massive. My last trip to NY included a visit to the Battery Park waterfront, so seeing the collapsed monuments in-game was a bit of a jolt.

Suggested Topics