Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Freestepper
    Original poster 127 posts

I just don't understand the decisions made for this game. It's like more content you make, the less fun i have and more frustrated i am.

The first would be the puzzles when you have to find a way into some house or some hole to underground to get gear or ability. I don't have fun being stuck in place, running around like a rabbit, searching for some stupid hole in the ground.
    Mastery challenges i mentioned in other thread.
    Rebels in SoP DLC. When you get the rebel mission and you need to keep alive all of them to get highest score. So i go stealth, get spotted, but manage to disappear shortly after, but those stupid rebels rushes in anyway and most of them gets killed. Why they just won't leave/hide as soon as i hide?
    Also, remove the necessity of pressing button to make Eivor sprint. It's useless. Make it like in Origins and Odyssey. And REMOVE THE HORSE SPEED LIMIT RESTRICTION IN CITIES/VILLAGES!!! Nobody likes it, so why you keep it like this? Meaning you are trying to make people mad on purpose?

Why this game just can't be fun for a while? What's the point making people frustrated?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• KmarkoPL
    276 posts

@freestepper Pity there is no dislike or down vote option , cause you get one from me !!

• Freestepper

I'll be adding more as i play.

When you wanna assassinate an enemy which does certain animation, the assassination animation is skipped and Eivor does only the "swing" to assassinate the enemy. The problem is that the animation is sometime skipped for no reason. I now tried to kill an enemy in the bush and i Eivor did only the swing animation to assassinate the enemy, but i remained hidden all the time and after that too, but i got spotted anyway, for no reason. Rebels then stupidly rushed in again and i lost 3 of them.
    But i'm sure you people will find a way to defend this kind of BS?

• AlePlay
    522 posts

as for, finding the entrance to get inside a house ...
    after a while you realize that the streets are always the same ..... a basement, or from the roof, otherwise break the barrier of the door with an arrow if there is a crack ...

Quite often, in AC they put entry points which are actually exit points! XD
    So it's up to you to understand that you're really just wasting your time, you have to find your way somewhere else ...

I can understand that continually failing leads to frustration
    but the video game, you win with 80% brain, 20% reflexes (mechanical memory)

put it in your head .... the only way to win is to understand.

regarding the challenge of the new Siege of Paris DLC,
    if you don't want to risk men dying, just choose archers, and face all enemies openly ..! (aim the crossbowmen first!)

this to make you understand,
    almost always difficult challenges must be faced with a tactic. 

• Freestepper

@caosck No, the game is badly designed. Or should i repeat everything from the start? If you like it the way it is, fine, but don't try to tell me that i play the game badly.

I know the houses puzzles. Yes, you will learn by time that they kind of repeat the same puzzles. I just don't find it fun to do them.
    Finding the hole in the ground to find way into some catacombs to find a gear or whatever is surely doable also. So far i did all of them. They are just not fun to do them.
    I do admit that puzzles being bad or not is subjective. Some may enjoy being stuck and thinking about how to get somewhere, same hates being stuck like this. I hate being stuck like this, because to me it's pace breaker.

Mastery challenge is just extremely badly designed frustration. It's not fun, it's not even challenge, it's frustration. I don't wanna advices how to do them at highest score, i want them gone or completely redesigned. I discussed them in other thread. Find it and read it, if you want. Nobody can convince me that they are even slightly good content.

What should i understand about rebels rushing in blindly if you are spotted just for a second? They should hide as soon as i hide. That would be normal and correct. The way it is made is not normal or correct and thus it's pointless to do any tactics.

This it to make you and mainly Ubisoft to understand.

• AlePlay
    522 posts
    @caosck
    If you like it the way it is, fine, but don't try to tell me that i play the game badly.

Yes, i liked it
    but i never said you play bad,
    I just wanted to give some suggestion ... 

at this point the only thing I can tell you is change game! XD

"What should i understand about rebels rushing in blindly if you are spotted just for a second? They should hide as soon as i hide. That would be normal and correct. The way it is made is not normal or correct and thus it's pointless to do any tactics."

but sorry, what are you expecting ...
    they are in stealth until you get caught, then they go on the attack
    it seems quite logical to me

PS
    I'm not interested in defending anything or anyone, 
    we i think differently 

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

@freestepper First of all I fail to see why when doing the Rebel missions you are are not selecting the solo missions. If you feel the need to have to use the Rebels don't select the Melee option use the ranged. Then they do not rush in but stay at a distance. I play this game on Drengar Hard Mode and have never used the Rebels. Solo missions get you more points. For the puzzles in AC Valhalla, they are not hard to solve and make the game more interesting.

• Freestepper

@caosck

but sorry, what are you expecting ...
    they are in stealth until you get caught, then they go on the attack
    it seems quite logical to me

When you go to raid area alone in stealth and get spotted, does your vikings automatically leave the boat and rush in attacking everyone? No. Here's your logic. The way it is no, there is no logic in it. If at least you would be spotted longer, but they rush in as soon as the system says you are spotted. This is bad and lazy design, whether you like it or not.
    We need some command system to tell the rebels when to attack and when not to attack. Although if they just added such system without changing anything else, i would never let rebels into battle to be sure to get highest score. I would rather die and go again. It's because the whole thing is badly designed. Again.

• Freestepper
    First of all I fail to see why when doing the Rebel missions you are are not selecting the solo missions. If you feel the need to have to use the Rebels don't select the Melee option use the ranged. Then they do not rush in but stay at a distance. I play this game on Drengar Hard Mode and have never used the Rebels. Solo missions get you more points. For the puzzles in AC Valhalla, they are not hard to solve and make the game more interesting.

I am always selecting ranged for the same logic you mentioned. It sure is better as they are attacking from distanced. But since they are still aggroing enemies, they get attacked a lot anyway. And even if i am trying to put enemies to sleep during the battle to kill them as soon as possible, some of the rebels gets killed anyway. As for putting enemies to sleep, they are waking them up many times too as they attack them as soon as i use the ability. Another bad AI example.
    Yes, there are solo missions, but there are missions with rebels too. So we should probably all do the solo missions. Then why there missions with rebels? That's the point. It's not a question if you're doing it correctly or not. It's broken.

As for the puzzles again. They may or may not be hard to solve. They are not fun. I don't find them interesting. Especially if they make no sense and are there only for the sake of puzzles. I mean, finding key to a wooden doors when i have huge a*s axe in my equipment which would be able to smash the door to pieces? Gimme a break with puzzles like that.

• AlePlay
    522 posts

When you go to raid area alone in stealth and get spotted, does your vikings automatically leave the boat and rush in attacking everyone? No. Here's your logic

rebels are NOT Vikings ....
    different people,
    different behaviors, here's my logic ...

(anyway, your Vikings in boat help you under attack using bows and arrows! XD you have tryed? )

in any case, once a raid is declared, surely you can't go back to hiding with your Vikings ... 🙂

Ps
    in the history of AC Valhalla Eivor says it: (we Vikings are not that discreet, you would have heard the horns)
    even if in the end, the stealth, they gave it all the same ... XD

• Freestepper

@caosck Your logic doesn't matter though. We should be able to tell them not to engage in battle unless they are told to or signaled. That would be normal logic.
    If i get spotted just for one second, they rush in immediately. They should at least first hear some battle scream/sounds. No, it's because the game system tells them to go attack. You being seen works as a trigger code to send them into battle. You didn't cover that in logic yet and i want to be more entertained with your white knighting.

• AlePlay
    522 posts
    @caosck Your logic doesn't matter though. We should be able to tell them not to engage in battle unless they are told to or signaled. That would be normal logic.
    If i get spotted just for one second, they rush in immediately. They should at least first hear some battle scream/sounds. No, it's because the game system tells them to go attack. You being seen works as a trigger code to send them into battle. You didn't cover that in logic yet and i want to be more entertained with your white knighting.

a pait bothers me too when I am discovered ...
    but that is also the beauty of the game: the difficulties

apart from the fact, that the rebel missions do not seem to me at all typical of stealth ... so it seems ridiculous to pretend that they become one ... (as other users have already said, if you want stealth you have to do those by yourself !)

you're right, maybe it's not about logic ..

if you really can't do it, if you dont like and you think you are wasting your time, quit the game! 

• Freestepper

@caosck

a pait bothers me too when I am discovered ...
    but that is also the beauty of the game: the difficulties

Again, this is not difficulty. When the game has bad system or NPC AI and you fail because of it, then you didn't fail because the game is too difficult for you, you failed because the game has bad system or AI. If you fight an enemy in the game and you would suddenly start falling through the would into infinity (typical glitch, you know what i mean) and died, then i could also say that the game is too difficult for you then. It's too obvious, i know, but it's kinda the same thing. It's the game's fault that you died, not yours. See, there is a difference between bad design or glitch and difficulty.

if you really can't do it, if you dont like and you think you are wasting your time, quit the game!

What i can't do? The rebel missions, or what? I done enough of them to buy everything from the store. So i am done with them. Again, i am not here to say that i can't do them. I am here to say that they are badly designed.
    And this post is not about me wanting to quit the game or not. I am posting an issues about the game. You are right to do so. If you have forum about some game, you will never read only positivity from people. People are right to say opinions, even if negative, especially if the game is really bad in some aspects. SO i may as well to quit the game, but may still posting about game's issues here.

• AlePlay
    522 posts

no problem for me, I like them as they are

• Charlie_v_Braun
    25 posts

@freestepper I think I get what you are on about, so many things feel unpolished or just lazy.

• I don't mind chasing the tattoo designs in general, but the animation is so bad I can't tell if Eivor is running so I end up pushing the button multiple times while he get's hung on some weird invisible hook or something and stops to move...my point being I do not feel in control of my character in these situations, it's more like in a dream when you try to chase something and somehow cannot run - guess what, those are not fun.
    • those killmoves on elite enemies take way too long, again, every movement get's locked, I lose control, and if enemies stand next to you they either calmly wait for you to kill their ally or hit you while you scream at their corpse for no reason - just makes me mad every time
    • hitting boxes or anything in the world that is not a locked enemy - I can never hit the way I point, the camera is towards the craste, so is my movement direction, Eivor hits to the right backwards....what the?! Again, no control...
    • squeezing through cracks in caves - why is it so slow? don't tell me that is for loading purposes, camera locks, no control, bad design (yes we had those for a while, I know, still)

My point being, in a game that is so gameplay-centered, the main gameplay mechanic, moving my character, is no fun.

Then there is other stuff, like the rebel missions in the DLC, why can I not accept more than one, why do I have to return everytime, just place the damn things in the world, let us do them while traveling to the next quest. I liked the idea at first, did 3 in total and stopped - not worth my lifetime. Fast travel points are another thing - I get that I am supposed to travel by horse, enjoy the open world, but at least give one to every larger settlement like we get for Ravensthorpe, feels like someone just forgot actually.

• Freestepper

@charlie_v_braun Yea, the problem is that Eivor feels really heavy. It feels like he's wearing rocks or something. The controls are unresponsive. Like many times, Eivor doesn't do exactly what i want. I hate how he's tripping over everything when you are sprinting. He's even tripping over fishes when you are running in river.

• lemmie88
    244 posts
    The first would be the puzzles when you have to find a way into some house or some hole to underground to get gear or ability. I don't have fun being stuck in place, running around like a rabbit, searching for some stupid hole in the ground.

Lol, I just had to comment on this. I totally agree with you. I didn't find it fun, difficult, or novel to encounter the 70th locked house with some leather inside, with the same repetitive solution or some amalgamation of it.

Forget the isu and artifacts and ancients. The true unsolved mystery of AC Valhalla...

Cavemen invented the wheel, but apparently all over Europe, they cannot figure out this triangle! 😂

• Charlie_v_Braun
    25 posts

Suggested Topics