Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 608 posts

Previously, I posted a topic showing that Mastery Points were in fact increasing Stealth Damage and Ability Damage, even though those stats were not displayed in the mastery categories. I was able to determine that while Ability Damage does increase when points are put towards the Bear category, only Stealth Damage is increase when points are added to the Wolf or Raven category. However, I was never able to figure out the absolute mathematics behind Mastery Points because I suspected there was some other factors in play that might have been generating diminishing returns.

Having acquired another 100 Mastery Points to test that theory, I can now confirm that there are diminishing returns as you continue to add more points into a mastery category. To properly display the difference, I have some video proof. However, before looking at that, take a moment to quickly recap the numbers for Eivor’s starting stats...

Pretty standard... Health=100, Evasion=5, almost everything else=50.

Now, currently my Eivor already has 100 Mastery Points in every category. In my previous post, I noted the impact of 300 points spread out over all three categories compared with the beginning stats displayed very obvious improvements: Health +47.2, Evasion +10.5, Melee Damage and Resistance +10.5, Range Resistance +10.5, Range Damage +10.8 (why the 0.3 more?), Assassination Damage +10.5, Stealth Damage +30, Ability Damage +45. Further, I was able to determined that Ability Damage was improved by all three categories, and Stealth Damage improved by only the Wolf and Raven categories, even though those two stats are not labeled in any mastery category.

Okay, so here’s the new video, where I am pumping 100 more points into the Raven mastery...

As you can see, the new impact is painfully minimal for the Raven mastery: Health +1.5, Evasion +1.1, Assassination Damage +1.1, Stealth Damage +2.5, and Ability Damage +2.5—all huge steps down from the previous improvements. It’s kind of strange how the first 100 points in the Wolf and Raven categories pushed Stealth Damage up by 30 points (15 points per category), but another 100 points only awarded an increase of 2.5 points! How’s that for diminishing returns?

So, I will repeat my original request here... Ubisoft needs to include the labels for the other stats that are improved by Mastery Points, and they need to show the numerical values of what a Mastery Point will do as the player continues to level up higher and higher. For instance, let’s say you had 10 points in the Raven category, so the cursor should display a window that shows what the point increases will be if you add another point to that category, etc., updating the diminishing values as the player levels up each time.

Thank you for reading and please support this cause.

ᚦᚨᚢᚱᚨ:ᚠᚱᚨᛗ:ᚠᛟᚱᚦᚷᛖᚹᛁᛏᛖᚾᚾᛖᛊᛊᚨ:ᚷᛖᛊᛏᚨᚾᛞᚨᚦ:ᛞᚱᛟᚺᛏᚨᚦ:ᚷᛖᛟᚢᛊᚲᛖᚨᚠᛏᛖ.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    1343 posts

@thenorfolkian

I agree with your request 👍

Many Thanks for the job you've done 👍 👍 👍

Suggested Topics