Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 637 posts

Im really getting tired of the grinds for exotics, named items, decent rolls, and SHD optimization resources. While these things are intended to get people to play more, they will likely be why I stop playing.

Take optimization as just one example…

I have 800K Credits and maxed out materials of every kind, with several material caches sitting in my inventory. Yet, I can never optimize anything because I’m perpetually out of SHD. I do all the projects, and convert my watch levels into SHD, but it’s just horribly painfully slow.

I have 5 builds, each with 8 items that need a percent or two or three to max them out. That’s something like 40 pieces of gear and maybe 100 rolls that need optimizing. I can maybe collect enough SHD to optimize one roll, one percent… every week I play. At this rate, it will take me about 2 years to optimize my gear. Sorry, but this game ain’t that good.

But you might suggest I get the SHD blueprint… well, that would be great, except I still have over 100 blueprints yet to gather (100 control points FFS) before that will drop, because we all know they coded that blueprint to drop last.

And once every blue moon I get an exotic… two-a-week from projects, but they are always duplicates - I must have three of every exotic shotgun now. I never get an exotic drop from an enemy.

I did a bit of grinding of the season legion event to blind enemies and speed run the longest [censored] mission in the game (who thought doing a speed run of a one hour long mission was a good idea?) to get some rewards… and got a named cache with another stupid Tabula LMG that I already have but don’t use.

The quality of loot dropping is just demoralizing and the lack of one single resource to optimize what I do have is sucking all the wind out of me. I don’t see the point in carrying on. Getting my gear optimized is onubtanium… so what’s the point?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• N3mB0t
    295 posts

@virtual-chris

i guess you are too focused on the getting better stuff and improving it instead of just playing the game for fun and let all that come as a consequence.

if you are still missing 100 blueprints you are doing it wrong , you should have them all or almost all by now , the fun in the game when you get to the end game is going after all this stuff , that muffles a lot the pain of the repetition in the early stages , going after blueprints , hunters , commendations and all that sort of accolades.

this will naturaly bring you better gear along with resources to optimize it , but like this you are having fun while getting the stuff along the way , the way you are doing it is just looking too hard for something instead of having fun , that will burn you out.

also for mats you really want to create a couple more charachters for mules and extra mats , really pays off.

• Oatiecrumble
    300 posts

@Virtual-Chris

Stop the grind and play for fun, if you are seeking something you will more than likely get it from doing something not targeted or when you ain't looking for it, also look for a group who you can trust and play with, players with decent gear and multiple builds then do some of the Legendary's.

They are daunting at first but it's a great feeling when you complete one, my fave was Capitol Hill....when we first tried it we was all like "[censored]....FFS....OMG" what the hell is going on, we kept going and after some discussion and tweaks here and there we done it.

• Adrian-11
    702 posts

@virtual-chris

As others said here, you should give group play a try, even with random groups. Changes the feel and the speed of the game, makes it much less of a chore and increases the quantity and quality of the loot.
    But above else, it's more fun.

• InDigital
    23 posts

Well i did technician build with Rigger gearset, got Capacitor by doing challanges in Sumit then one day spent to get 2 peaces of Empress where also for one of them Tallent named Kinetic Momentum. Just by doing single mission with armor grind i got enought resurces to reroll every peace of gear nearly to maximum. 1 - 3% for me does not matter much. Well what is damage for me as a noob at 100 SHD level... 100K minimum from Turret and 60K minumum from drone (single shot). It goes up quickly to 200K for Turrret and 100K for drone. I can't say i can do any mission solo but at least any Heroic for sure and Legendary i have fun playing in team. I started also 4 other gearsets but i am already tired from grinding to techician build. I will just stick to playing now. Just for fun! I got what i need... 🙂

• LateNiteDelight
    462 posts

@virtual-chris playing a looter-shooter is like simulating the five stages of grief - you're almost to acceptance, this is the depression stage 😀

It was around this point I finally gave in and started playing in a group more - which adds a fun new twist. I probably would have played a lot less if I had kept trekking solo. Either you'll reach a point at which you're not worried about Loot anymore, or you'll move on.

On the Optimization front, it definitely helps to boost three extra toons through Keener - because they all share watch points... And maybe just focus on CP3s for a stretch - I never much cared for clearing CPs, so at one point I just committed to running them for 10-20 hours to knockout the blueprints.

• tcarlisle2012
    119 posts

Yes Chris, I've always said that if the main reason one plays this game is for the loot chase, that is always going to end in dissatisfaction.

The gear will come. Just play the game and let it come at its own pace.

If that is not any fun, then it might be time to take a break -- and that is OK.

• DutchLMB4ever
    137 posts

@virtual-chris
    Lol, tired of grinding you say.
    There are people that want even more grinding in Div3 (if Div3 comes out that is)
    More attributes to optimize.
    More different materials to farm for so you can optimize those more attributes.

And there's probably no pvp in Div3.
    (Because Heartland is gonna be mostly for PvP)
    Aka, no reason to max out your stuff.
    Because there is no one to get the upperhand on.

But those people wanna do legendary missions with non maxed out builds.
    To get materials, so they can max out their builds.
    So they can (finally) do the same legendary missions......faster i guess.

• BT3241
    86 posts

No different than division 1 it took forever to get the division tech I actually think its better in this game. But some people want it immediately or loose interest.

• Virtual-Chris

Thanks guys… I needed to vent and hear something encouraging to reset. It’s too easy to get on the treadmill grind in this game. I think this last week I got sucked in. My gear is good enough… if it gets better, great, but I need to forget about it and as many of you say, just focus on enjoying playing the game. I’ve still got some hunters to hunt, and Schaffer to take down, and a couple exotic quests to do. I’m just going to focus on these objectives.

Cheers!
    -Chris

ps… would it [censored] kill them to make SHD recalibration tech a little bit more accessible? 😉

• N3mB0t
    295 posts

@virtual-chris

its is more than acessible already , you should have seen the costs when the optimization came out , now its practicaly free.

just enjoy the game and get all the stuff you can get , experience all easter eggs , secret bosses and so on , so much to discover.

and when in the middle of doing all this stuff the "perfect" piece drops without you sweating for it it feels 10x better.

have you already checked in all the hotels? 😜

• Virtual-Chris

@n3mb0t

Thanks… no… I haven’t found all the hotels… need to add that to my list.

• DutchLMB4ever
    137 posts

@virtual-chris
    Yea they should make it more accessible
    The 12 SHD from the projects are not enough.
    The Summit is boring and depressing for the 3 SHD per cache.
    And leveling up 14x to optimize 0.2% is also meh.

They need to drop from named bosses at least.

• bluey_uk
    16 posts

@virtual-chris Don't bother as the final reward is not available any more.

• bluey_uk
    16 posts
    have you already checked in all the hotels? 😜

The end reward is non existent now 😞

• N3mB0t
    295 posts

@bluey_uk

who cares ? the fun is in the exploration 🤙

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@virtual-chris The grind varies pending on how well RNG treats you. Some have better "luck" or "work harder" and that's why they deserve it. Or so I have been told.

For me, my best finds came from the generosity of others. I would have to say while RNG dropped better loot for others. Overtime, it provided me with generous players.

• Merphee
    39 posts
    I have 5 builds, each with 8 items that need a percent or two or three to max them out. That’s something like 40 pieces of gear and maybe 100 rolls that need optimizing. I can maybe collect enough SHD to optimize one roll, one percent… every week I play. At this rate, it will take me about 2 years to optimize my gear. Sorry, but this game ain’t that good.
    The quality of loot dropping is just demoralizing and the lack of one single resource to optimize what I do have is sucking all the wind out of me. I don’t see the point in carrying on. Getting my gear optimized is onubtanium… so what’s the point?

The journey is, ultimately, personal, but there is nothing wrong with not having max rolled stuff, provided the difference between what you have and max is, as you said, a couple percentages off. Sure, it's comforting, but won't make a difference in the end.

There's this fixation on having stat bars glow orange; orange bars provided a sense of completion, but because Division isn't necessarily balanced around having everything max in order to complete content, something like the optimization station, considering the amount of resources needed to optimize one or two percent, could drive one crazy. I think the game becomes much more enjoyable once you let go of that fixation.

But then another problem arises. You could play for fun, as others have said, but the problem with that is, relevant to the current state of the game, the lack of new content will eventually hit you. You will eventually master all the missions, all the leagues, all the difficulties, etc., leading you to crave something new and different.

• Virtual-Chris

@dutchlmb4ever

You mention 3 SHD per cache on the summit… what do you mean?

I’ve been doing 10 levels every evening and gave no SHD to show for it.

• Virtual-Chris

I stand corrected. I got a Summit Cache for 10 levels that gave me 1 SHD. LOL. What a joke.

Suggested Topics