Permament black screen0 Likes/12 Replies/104 Views
When I buy this game and launch, it worked fine but when I try to start the game one day, all I see is a permanent black screen.
Can anyone help?
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Milky 1359 posts
Hello @tigeroxeq I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.
I have a few things that we can check to try and resolve this, please make sure to run through every step listed:
- Run the game as an administrator via the game's .exe file, right-click on the file, select Properties, select the Security tab, check to make sure the current PC user has Administrator privilege's for this file -
- Verify the game's installation files, through the game launcher, to fix any corrupt or missing files that may be causing the crashes
- Update GPU drivers and Windows OS to latest version (Windows 10 update currently Update 21H1 - Windows 11 not currently supported)
(Updating Windows will also update any supporting software the game and launcher needs such as DirectX, Visual C++ x64 and .NET Framework 4.5)
- Install the game to another HDD or SSD drive preferably, if available. Also try installing the game on a separate hard drive as your Windows OS (Make sure to back up any game save files onto your desktop first, just in case)
- Disable all background software in Task Manager and try a clean boot/restart of your PC, in case any software is interfering with the game -
- Make sure the game is whitelisted as not a threat in your anti-virus software, in case it prevents the game from launching or connecting online
- Make a backup of the games config/settings file, then delete this file in case a recent change to the settings may be causing the game to crash (Changing the recommended graphics/video/monitor settings in the game, can sometimes prevent the game from launching)
- Delete any temporary files by doing a search for the %TEMP% folder
- Do a System File Check (SFC) for any corrupted system files and a CHKDSK for any corrupted hard drives -
This support article should explain how to perform some of these solutions -
Please let me know if you need any help with the steps above and I will happily explain further.
@ubi-milky what else can i do if none of these things worked?
[And I forgot to write one thing in the post, I have poor cooling of the graphics card and my computer crashed and when I played watch dogs legion, it also crashed and since then I had a black screen all the time when I entered the game]
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Milky 1359 posts
Thanks for this information @tigeroxeq this may prove quite useful. If your system begins to overheat due to a poor airflow created by fans, it will try to restrict the power given to your CPU, which could be preventing your system from launching the game correctly.
Could you check this step for me? Open Windows Control Panel, select Power Options, make sure you do not have 'power saver' enabled.
Can you please tell me the exact name of the CPU and graphics card you are using?
Can I also ask, do you have your game installed on an HDD drive or an SSD drive?
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-TheBerry 1370 posts
Hello @tigeroxeq ,
If your PC is overheating, causing the GPU to struggle, we're limited in options given that it's related to your hardware, but there's still things we can try.
What motherboard / cooling system do you use?
Have you installed / checked any relevant programming for your PC to check your fan's speeds?
As calibrating them, checking their curves may assist them is being more efficient in cooling your components.
If you don't have any monitoring software that you're aware of, please confirm your motherboard model and we can take a look.
Sniper4team 5 posts
@tigeroxeq Sorry my English. I didn't buy this game.The reason why I didn't buy this game is the poorly optimized settings of the game. I understood from the trial version before the game came out. Of course, the technology world is especially important for PC users. Of course, since the technology is very advanced in recent days, video card manufacturers such as nvdia and amd side are constantly releasing new video card versions. Of course, 500 Buying a new generation graphics card with $$ is not suitable for every budget. The graphics card market has been constantly on the side of money, not players and users lately. Now let's get back to our main topic. There are many reasons why a game does not work with old or new graphics cards. Either the graphics settings of the game are increased or restricted. or some user-specific settings are turned off. Game companies already offer us the graphics settings as top, medium and low in the game.Assuming we have a video card with 2gb vram 256 bits, we assume that this game is a dx 12 problem. What needs to be done is. Go to the Ubisoft application, go to the game properties and add the type -dx11 command to the start parameter. If you want, create a shortcut from the game files to the desktop and right-click on the path you created. Start the game and the problem will probably be solved.