Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 613 posts

Previously, I posted a topic asking whether we would be getting the Level 2 upgrades for those abilities we acquired during the River Raids in the Siege of Paris expansion. Looks like that didn’t happen. I also posted a topic speculating about where the story with Hildiran could go next if the Mastery Challenges were expanded into Francia. Looks like that didn’t happen either.

Is there an update in the works that will ‘add’ new River Raid and Mastery Challenges to Francia, or is Ubisoft holding out to include such content with the next expansion? The storyline with Hildiran has to be resolved at some point, and I can’t possibly believe that Vagn’s worldliness stops at a few rivers in Wales and western England.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• jakl201
    26 posts

@thenorfolkian If you looked at the planned content update, the next one after Paris is going to be a River Raid expansion. I would *guess* that we will be traveling to new rivers in Francia, although I'm not 100%.

No idea about expanded Mastery challenges.

• TheNorfolkian

@jakl201 Where is this “planned content update” posted?

• bielik01
    1000 posts

@thenorfolkian here (see 'What's next').

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Ugh... I get a 404 Error.

• bielik01
    1000 posts
  • TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Cool... I don’t know why I am not able to see that. Well, that answers the question about a second river raid season. Perhaps they are holding out the next mastery challenge for when they release the discovery tour content at the end of the year.

• jakl201
    26 posts

@thenorfolkian I'd guess another content update/huge fixes along with a Autumn themed festival, but those aren't too much...Who knows for next major expansion, they just announced they were going to do more content for this game earlier this year.

I'd doubt any mastery challenges for Francia...They didn't do anything for Ireland. Which is a shame, I'd *really* like another reason to head back there, the druid enemy types were hard/fun. Like them more than the mounted units at least.

• TheNorfolkian

@jakl201 Yeah, I was kind of surprised there were no mastery challenges unlocked in Ireland after initially completing Hildiran’s quest. It would have made sense for her to lead Eivor to Ireland and maybe explain what’s up with the still-as-yet-unexplained Isu technology that was inside the Lia Fáil. After seeing what it did to Ciara, I’m wondering if it was part of the Isu-human hybrid experiment stuff back in Odyssey. I guess we’ll never know.

I mean... taking this a bit further... Siege of Paris is bad in the near total absence of new Isu stuff, but Ubisoft really had a chance to expand on Isu lore with the Wrath of the Druids. If the Lia Fáil is one of the four treasures left by Tuatha Dé Danaan, who must have been an Isu figure, what about the other three: the Spear of Lugh, the Sword of Núada, and the Cauldron of the Dagda?

• victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@thenorfolkian isn’t this the whole problem with Valhalla(besides the bugs). Nothing progresses. The story and the game play. It’s all one time and done. If Ubisoft like it or not they need more content to keep the players playing. Players will move on if they have to wait for the second seasonpass

• jakl201
    26 posts

@thenorfolkian An update to news I've heard, there was a datamine for the upcoming River Raids expansion where it looks like we will be getting Lugh's armor. Oh and two of the new rivers will apparently be in Ireland, the river Errith and Barrow. And one more in Francia, the river Rhine. So maybe we'll get more answers of the Ancients in Ireland with this one (Since I *believe* Lugh's armor is also Cu Chulain's armor as well). Also Lugh's spear is purported to be unlocked as well (I'm assuming it'll be different from the one in the Helix store; I'm guessing the new one will be akin to the Sepulcher axe and egyptian kopesh, and ignites on crits, since that's what Lugh's spear...was all about).

And yeah, I expect the next update after this to be the Discovery Tour, which should also have a few rewards. I think that would round out the last of the 'planned' content for Year 1, after that I imagine it will be all about what they are planning with deciding to 'keep updating' for another extra year in this game.

• TheNorfolkian

@jakl201 If all that is true, it should be fun for the first play-through. Let’s hope they’re updating the replay value as well.

Suggested Topics