Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 59 posts

I've encounter a few bugs that are game braking and some annoying and I am not talking about graphical glitches. Graphically speaking the game has always behaved very good for me. What I am having problems with are bugs like not being able to capture a control point cause it doesn't have the layout marked on the ground where you stand to press and hold F so that backup can arrive to take the control point. Sadly this is one of my manhunt I have to finish, so I cannot progress at all. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2581199343
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2581199303
    Another bug is one that I've been getting since I started to play the game and has never been fixed. I always get the same exotic ittem in this control point every single time I capture it and I can never pick it up.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2581199277
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2581199239
    just weird stuff

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Virtual-Chris
    637 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll

A few times in the last week or two I’ve encountered a situation where no enemies come to a control point you’re defending. They spawn, but remain at their spawn point… you have to go looking for them to get them to move.

• BT3241
    86 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll Well the reason why you can't pick that exotic component up is because you already have it - look in you inventory.

At that control point I have encountered it saying "No back up available" When you try to fire the flare it will say no backup available. Its happened several times to me but only at that control point for some reason. When I get that message I go attack something else in the area and come back to see if any green guys are available to attack it and as I said at that control point sometimes they are not available for backup.

• BT3241
    86 posts

The other thing I'll add is they may have done that to this control point on purpose when the game first came out there was no fast traveling to black tusk missions so just to get to the island you pretty well had to take this control point before battling across the bridge just to get to the mission - its much easier now. That could of been something they added to that control point to make things tougher - its only happened at that control point for me. If you clear one or two activities the green guys will be available when you fire the flare.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 59 posts

I encountered it again today. I reloaded the map on a different difficulty other than heroic to see if it would load it up correctly and nothing. I killed everyone and that's what you see . . had to resize picture cause it wouldn't upload. Anyway, I am not able to get control point. I don't even see the marking on the ground. But, when I play with my wife in her world everything is fine.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 536 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll Hey there. Thank you so much for reaching out about these issues you're experiencing, and for clarifying that everything appears normal when playing in your wife's world. Let's try verifying your game files first, as this can resolve many issues. If these steps don't work, I recommend trying these steps next!

For everyone else experiencing these issues, I recommend going through those steps as well if playing on a PC. If not on a PC, let me know what platform this is occurring on! Thanks!

Official Response
  • BT3241
    86 posts

I agree it does happen sometimes they spawn near another faction and choose to attack them instead or they are just standing there like they forgot they were attacking the control point and you have to go find them and fire a few shots to get it going.

If you do get the message "backup unavailable" its legit and you have to take out a few activities in the area to get the green guys to respond - I guess their busy and there are too many enemy activities going on around the control point.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 59 posts

@bt3241 I understand that. This is not like that. That is a legit thing in the game not a bug I would say. This is a bug. no marking and no option to call anyone without any warnings of bots being available or not.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 59 posts

ok, I went in there to the same control point and I can see that now the marking on the ground is showing. You can call for backup in the start or in the end of clearing the control point. But, I don't know if I'll see this bug again. I took taxi graveyard before many times and I saw the bug the other day. Idk when will I see it again. I cant say that verifying the local files fixed it, cause it found nothing wrong. If it would've found one or two files broken or missing then I would say maybe yeah, that fixed. I can guaranty you that this will happen to me without fail in a few hours playing again.

The other bug of getting the rare item and not being able to pick it up is still there and it has always been for me since I started playing and yes I do have enough space in my inventory lol. This bug happens to me with other players or doing solo. I always get it without fail. I've even been on other players sessions and I still get the item and I still cant pick it up. Don't know what's going on with my account.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll Thank you for the update! Have you found the markings missing again somewhere else? Please let me know, thanks!

Official Response
  • BT3241
    86 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll - What your seeing is the Fast Leather Belt it is the first component in making the Doge city gunslinger holster - if you can't pick it up it means its already in your inventory - go to the projects desk and turn it in. They will give you a second project to complete which is for 3 more components called Ornate Leather Holster, Inverted Leather Holster, and Oiled Hammer Guards. Each Faction will drop a different one when taking the control points - True sons , hyenas and outcasts. You turn those in and you will be given the last project which is a battle at high noon at a restaurant in the downtown east with the black tusk boss for the blueprint. You can now fabricate the Dodge City Gunslinger Holster. You have to reconize what it is its not what you think.

Look at your picture it says Fast Leather Belt

• BT3241
    86 posts

Both pictures show you standing at the gas station by the yellow box which is exactly where the first component is found. Here's a walk through.
    https://twinfinite.net/2019/06/division-2-dodge-city-gunslinger-exotic-holster-how-get/

Read these words carefully - if you can't pick it up its already in your inventory - I did not say you were out of space. If its not its a glitch. If it is turn it in at the project desk to get the next part of the project - it should be a active project.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 59 posts

@bt3241 good to know. Ill try that as soon as I go in today. That's is one of the things I have complained about this game. the lack of explanation and when there is an explanation is not easy to understand. Like the season, I managed to understand them like at level 400. . .

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 59 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 59 posts

got it now. I'm not sure if I have it or not. But I now know what I have to do. its the project desk. I would've never found this. I do projects every day. But I don't see anything about holsters or a way to submit something I got. I'm telling you this game lacks explanation and ease of understanding. If you cant get a casual to understand a game that's meant to be fun there is a problem. Only the ones that have time and love the game will take the time for this. Others will close the game and move one to other games and I cant blame them. there are a ton of stuff to do specially when you are married and have kids like I do. Took me how many weeks to find this out? I cant say. . . . But, I am level 550 now. That is sad that I had to find out this late. sad

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 985 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll Sorry to hear that it took this long to get sorted. Can we confirm this is now resolved for you?

We will pass your feedback on in regard to the explanation and lack of understanding.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 59 posts

@ubi-viral yes sir. one problem is fixed by I assume by checking the local files with uplay like the support guy told me to do. Even tho it never found any problems I haven't seen those problems again. If I do I just do it in some other host's world. The other problem of the rare or exotic item I was not able to pick up it was the item needed for a goal I never finished. I did it all today with my wife and we both built the rare holster and almost all maxed out already. Very happy with that. She got 2 rare items in the process and tremendous amount of gear since we do it all in heroic with fog of war and no regen directives when playing together. We got rich today lol. Very happy.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 59 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll nope, problem is still happening and someone else was hosting it and they also had the same problem. This is not a client issue, it's a server or game issue.
    can't capture control point

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4124 posts

Hello there @Sr_0v3rk1ll!

Thanks for reaching out to us with an update. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble capturing the Control Point at Washington Monument. Just to confirm, did you try verifying your game files again after encountering this issue? As the issue was resolved after you tried this troubleshooting originally, this could help to resolve the issue for you again.

Have you also only encountered this issue again at the Washington Monument? If you have a video that shows the steps taken when you approach the Control Point to begin the takeover, that could also be helpful for the team when it comes to reproducing the issue during testing.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics