Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 138 posts

The game is old so let us farm SHD points already.
    Just like Dtech in Division 1.

Named Boss drop (1-5 SHD points)
    Hard: 1 SHD point
    Challenge: 2 SHD points
    Heroic: 3 SHD points
    Legendary: 5 SHD points

Rogue Agents (1 SHD point per Agent)
    Hunters (2 SHD points per Hunter)

Deconstructing (1 SHD point)
    Exotic item: 100% chance
    Named item: 80% chance
    Gearset item: 50% chance
    Normal item: 10% chance

Cache's (1-20 SHD points)
    Exotic: 20 SHD points
    Named: 10 SHD points
    Dz/conflict: 5 SHD points
    Field: 1-5 SHD points

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Virtual-Chris
    654 posts

@dutchlmb4ever

Absolutely! What possible downside would there be at this point?

• BT3241
    86 posts

Been framing since the watch came out - just started the other three characters who share materials giving me an endless supply of points from my 4 watches. I think I have at least 10000 points left between the 4 characters.

• Noxious81
    385 posts

So what exactly are you referring to when you say "SHD Points"?

Are we talking about actual SHD Points for you SHD Watch which we receive for a level up? If yes: Why should simply killing a heroic boss be worth three level ups ( = 2,100,000 experience points)?

• BT3241
    86 posts

@noxious81 Is there any other way of getting material other than grinding ? Of course I'm talking about the watch what else would you be farming? I have over 10,000 on my watches and I have used about 9000. Every time my main get a point the other three characters also get a point.

• Adrian-11
    707 posts

@dutchlmb4ever

I disagree here... They way you get SHD points now it is a form of farming, admittedly a slow one.
    Each time you complete a project, finish a mission, kill bosses, you get the experience points which translate in leveling up and SHD points.
    DTech in D1 is a form of currency that works quite differently from the SHD points.

• BT3241
    86 posts

Its no different than division 1 - players had 4 characters to collect all the division tech to upgrade if you didn't it took forever.. Its very simple a single character gets you 1 point. 4 Characters get you 4 points do the math.

• BT3241
    86 posts

I will explain it simply - every time you get a point I will get four. if you have 2 points I will have 8 - if you have 3 pints I will have 12 and so on - see how I get way more points than you in a shorter amount of time.

• DutchLMB4ever

@noxious81
    Not the level up points.
    I think they're called SHD data points.
    You optimize with them

You have Field Recon points.
    They drop from Control points.
    And the other one that you can't farm.
    SHD Data points.
    With the blueprint you can craft 5 SHD Data for:
    500 electronics
    500 carbon fiber
    500 ceremics
    Or steel/titanium
    Anyway it's 1500 materials for 5 SHD Data

• BT3241
    86 posts

@dutchlmb4ever All the material need to upgrade is on my watch I can refill any of them instantly with my points - everything that you have listed.

• BT3241
    86 posts

As you can see I can have any material I need and this is my main my other characters have even more point which I can also use My 4 character has over 4000 points. But what do i know I have only been playing from the beginning I'm only here to lead you astray

• DutchLMB4ever

@bt3241 Bro, I'm happy that you have a lot of watch points.
    (I know you can do it like that because I used to do that on my other account which was around lvl 1800.
    I even stacked the materials by spending the watch points on the new character before I bought the shared material blueprint.
    One time I had 9000 electronics etc on my main.
    Thanks for the screenshot tho, now I know the name again.)

But my point was we can't farm SHD Calibration points.

For high watch players it doesn't matter indeed.
    But for new players it's good to have that.

• DutchLMB4ever

@adrian-11 I meant SHD Calibration points
    Not watch points

SHD Calibration are Div2's D-tech is what I meant.

• DutchLMB4ever

@noxious81 I meant SHD Calibration points.
    Not the level up points.

• Noxious81
    385 posts
    I meant SHD Calibration points. (...)

Yep, I realized that when reading your last posting in which you were addressing me.

But since 1 SHD Point basically translates into 1 SHD Recalibration, your suggestion still seems a bit too generous for me. Because after having reached SHD level 1,000 the Optimization materials, and thus also SHD Recalibration mats, keep rolling in. Especially as with having or creating, boosting, and deleting a second/third/fourth characters there really are plenty of points available.

Plus you can earn SHD Recalibration with daily and weekly projects, with Optimization caches (which are available during leagues and GEs), and with Summit caches. And you can craft them. That are at least in my opinion plenty of sources.

Of course if an agent is not that active or has not yet reached SHD level 1,000 that might seem a bit tedious – but to be fair: Optimization and especially having every gear item maxed out is not meant for neither of both groups. It's meant for hardcore gamers, veterans, and agents who can regularly farm the highest difficulties for gear that's 99% perfect – which they then can optimize.

I know it's a bit off topic, but when playing the Discovery Raids I still see way too many agents with SHD levels below 300 who started to optimize attributes that weren't even at 25%. Or they started to optimize useless attributes. Or they generally started to optimize bad gear, obviously without thinking things through at least a bit before starting to waste resources. That's a pretty common mistake – but those agents get annoyed because Optimization takes too long, just because they are doing it completely wrong. Clearly here the solution isn't making Optimization even cheaper, but rather actually learning a bit about the game and how to actually get the best gear out of farming, Recalibration, and Optimization.

• BT3241
    86 posts

@dutchlmb4ever If you look I have 500 SHD calibration points on my watch and can have over 2000 more if I want. Its a blurry picture but its 2nd from the bottom in the screen shot of my watch. You don't think I actually played to get 500 I added them same with the field recon points I added them

• BT3241
    86 posts

All I am saying is that its beneficial to have 4 characters you can skip Washington its not that hard to do and you can put your good gear on for the final battles leveling up.

It is especially beneficial once you reach SHD Lv 1000 with all four characters. You play your main to LV 1000 and then start the other characters who will also be awarded 1000 at LV 40 and then the points really start adding up. 4 to 1
    You can also redo lots of projects using other characters.

It isn't any different than division one where if you had 4 characters you had four chances of picking up division tech if you finished the tasks. If you only had one character it took forever to upgrade anything.

You don't have to do it or believe me I am simply telling how I have been able to accumulate so many points farming the game.

• Rodnaz
    69 posts

@bt3241

I am about Lv 960. At 1000 & I delete a player are those points then added to the other three? Or can I choose to designate as needed? Also 2 of my players were boosted if that makes a difference. You offered some advice earlier but I lost that thread.

• Noxious81
    385 posts

@rodnaz

Your SHD watch level is shared among all level 40 characters. It basically is accountwide. So currently all your level 40 characters will have the same SHD level (960). If you level up with one character, the other two will then also have SHD level 961.

If you delete any of those characters, you will not delete your shared SHD level, meaning that all of your current characters will remain at that SHD level. This is also true for any new characters reaching level 40 – they will instantly have your accountwide SHD level (and thus also the respective points for the watch).

• Sock_Monkey
    292 posts

I remember having several distinct DZ routes you could run in Div 1 to farm Div Tech in the most (relatively) efficient and speedy way. I used to make a point to do these runs at least once a day when optimizing all my favorite Classified builds.

Seems no equivalent way to speed tat process up in Div 2.

Suggested Topics