Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/4 Replies/540 Views
    trowssaP
    Original poster 1 posts

Requirement: You need the savegame files on your PC.

I installed ACC Origins after a few years to finish it but, Ubisoft Connect gave me the "Failed to synchronize cloud saves" Error, so I hade no savegames after starting the game. But I made a backup of my savegames years before a Windows 10 install. I copied the savegame files into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\UBISOFT_ID_HERE\3539" folder but it wasn't working.... I tried every solution that Ubisoft had in his sleeve but nothing worked (a typically ubisoft).

But I had an idea. I read about a ACSaveTool so I tried it and it worked.

1. Start Ubisoft Connect
    2. Untick "Enable cloud save synchronization for supported games"
    3. Backup all save files in folder 3539 (ACC Origins)
    4. Start the ACSaveTool
    5. "Open" your old savegame files with this tool
    6. Choose your Game
    7. Tick on Detect (Decryption ID is greyed out)
    8. Enter your Ubisoft ID in Encryption ID ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\UBISOFT_ID_HERE\3539")
    9. Convert
    10. Copy converted files into the savegame folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\UBISOFT_ID_HERE\3539")
    11. Start the game
    12. You can tick "Enable cloud save synchronization for supported games"
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1359 posts

Hello @trowssap thank you for your post, I am happy to see that you found a solution.

Whilst we are unable to encourage downloading third-party software to resolve the issue, thank you for sharing your workaround, should any players have the same issue with cloud saves not synchronizing.

Ubisoft Connect/Steam often use 'cloud save' online save files for modern titles by default. You can disable this in the launcher settings if you would prefer to save it to the hard drive instead.

You can also back up your cloud save files, by following the second set of steps in this article > https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Article/000060537/

Official Response
  • SylChamber
    1 posts

@ubi-milky I've had the same issue multiple times, but your solution never worked. I tried playing a new game during 10 minutes after disabling cloud saves, then re-enabling them.

I bought a second gaming computer (a laptop), and I could not synchronize my cloud saves to my new laptop. What's the use of disabling cloud save if I don't have any local saves yet?

Also, as my computers' admin, if Ubisoft Connect is already loaded, launching Assassin's Creed Origins will result in the same cloud saves synchronization error. My son (who has no admin priviledges) does not have that second problem (however Ubisoft Connect constantly asks his permission to change the system with a UAC prompt, which is really annoying since he doesn't have admin access - and a bad practice).

I found the following:

1. I have to quit Ubisoft Connect if I want to launch Assassin's Creed Origin, or else I have to launch it from Ubisoft Connect (or from its icon in the tray area). If I don't, I get a synchronization error.
    2. Whenever I switch from one computer to another, Ubisoft Connect can't synchronize cloud saves. What I have to do is to disconnect my account on one computer if I want to play on the other one.

However, that did not solve the problem of playing on a second computer for the first time. I've had this same infuriating problem twice. First when I bought my new laptop a couple of weeks ago, and second when I replaced Windows 10 Home by a clean install of Windows 11 Pro. And I'd forgot to disconnect Ubisoft Connect before wiping the drive!

After many attempts, I succeeded in synchronizing my cloud saves to my desktop PC (I had to do several attempts with connecting then disconnecting my account in Ubisoft Connect). What worked was copying the save games and copying them to my laptop (while overwriting the existing savegames folder).

I used to be a FPS player and I've really fallen for the Assassin's Creed franchise; each game offers tens of hours of play, it's awesome.

But man! Your DRM and Ubisoft Connect really ruin it. Why the heck do I have to wait 1 minute for the game to even launch, on a brand new AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX???? And let's not talk about the fact that I've had to buy 3 AC games TWICE so my son could play on his own account.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1370 posts

Hey @sylchamber ,

Thank you for also taking the time to share your eventual steps to getting back up and running, although it does sound like a handful which I'm sorry to see.

We appreciate you sharing your experience though and feedback regarding Ubisoft Connect as a whole, we'll pass this onto the team.

It's great to see you and your son have been getting into the Assassin's Creed Franchise and hope this continues while you play the other installments!

If there's anything more we can help with at all, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics