ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• EthanMmasten
    Original poster 2 posts

For moths assassins creed Valhalla as been saying updating 11.64GB of 11.64 GB and I can’t access the game. I called Xbox and they tried but they said to contact Ubisoft. So I thought id ask the forums as well. Can anyone help?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that your update is failing to complete.

Can I check that not only is your devices software up to date but do you have auto updates switched on?

Many thanks,

Official Response
  • EthanMmasten
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck
    yeah they are on auto update and I guess it just didn’t work.

• Ubi-MrM
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2940 posts

Thanks for updating us, @ethanmmasten, and please accept my apologies for the delayed reply!

Have you been able to manually try and update the game since? If the update is still failing, can you please cancel it, perform our Xbox One troubleshooting, and then try again to download the update and see if it will then successfully install? In particular, clearing the Xbox's cache by power cycling it should help.

You may also need to check that your console has enough room available in its storage to apply the update. If you're running low on available space, perhaps consider making a little more room available and see if that helps!

Official Response
  • ab1indassassin
    1 posts

So nome of these have helped me, it's the 52.42 go update from a few months ago, I've even reset my entire console, updated everything, better internet, nat type is open, Uninstaller and reinstalled, I reset the console again last night and still stopped at 438.3% of this update. What do I do to be able to play my game again?

• tcarlisle2012
    206 posts

@ab1indassassin I would suggest you open a support ticket with Ubisoft. Clearly you know what you are doing and have done the common troubleshooting steps.

• azullFR
    2653 posts

@ab1indassassin

@tcarlisle2012
    advice is a good one 👍

a thing to know : there is a new coming update, most probably january the 14th,
    said by Ubi :

Title Update 1.4.1 will require players to re-download the entire game as part of a data restructuring.

I hope for you there will be a kind of reset in the "Xbox Store" (I don't know the exact name), or in the PS Store, depending on your console, that will allow you to download it without any problem

More info here :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/123993/data-restructuring-title-update-1-4-1/1?lang=en-US
    and here:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/124110/title-update-1-4-1-difficulty-setting-improvements-stealth-fixes/1?lang=en-US

I keep fingers crossed for you 🤞

• gggamer10169
    1 posts

I currently reinstalled my assassin's Creed Valhalla disk and I've had nothing but troubles installing it. Once I was able to get it installed I've done everything I know to do and even some things I've found online to get the update to work, but it just doesn't. Am I going to just have to give up on this game? The disk itself if perfect condition.
    On Xbox one btw

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@azullfr Thanks for posting all of this additional information here for players!

If anyone is still having any issues downloading/installing the most recent update, please be in touch with which platform you're on, and we'd be happy to help.

Official Response
  • Spirit1203
    2 posts

Hey @ubi-nacho.I just purchased the game on disc for the Xbox one and it says “update needed but we cant get it right now. Try again in a while” whenever I launch it.I didn’t know if other people were having the same issue with the new update.I have power cycled the console and reinstalled the game multiple times so if you or anyone knows of a fix it would be very much appreciated.

• jaypeters
    1 posts

@spirit1203 Just bought the game and I'm having the same issue, unable to play game while connected to internet says needs a update but can't find it. Only way to play the game is to disconnect the internet connectiin and then game plays just fine.. If you figure out a fix pls share

• Spirit1203
    2 posts

@jaypeters I’m glad to know it’s not just me.I’ll try playing it offline so then I can at least play the game.I’ll share if I find a fix though !

• Fester506
    1 posts

@jaypeters gunna try this now man my poor mother bought it for me for Xmas because I didn't want much cjz I went all out on my kid and so did she,I was scared she wasted her money because she had to order it... thank you friend and merry Christmas and happy new year hopefully the problem will be resolved

• JustBcrozz
    2 posts

@spirit1203 definitely update if you figure this out ive been dealing with this same issue. I'm going to try to turn the internet connection off and see if my son can play it atleast for now.

• CoffeeChimera72
    1 posts

@spirit1203

Yeah I have exactly the same issue, the problem is I think specifically bound to the xbox one cause I tried installing the game on a xbox series x and then it does update the game perfectly. Also the install size is far bigger namely around 70 gb compared to the 40 gb without the update from the disc (this also counts for the xbox series x versions if you don't update)

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 252 posts

@SmokesTree420 @CoffeeChimera72 @Fester506 @Spirit1203 @jaypeters Hi, everyone! Sorry you are still unable to update. Are all of you playing on Xbox One? Do any of you get error messages?

Official Response
  • azullFR
    2653 posts

Hi all !

I'm not an Xbox user, but I've seen in the french Ubi forum (from an Ubi member) that some people could install it on Xbox by using the "Xbox App" from their phone, but it didn't always worked.
    (Notice that I don't remember the exact name of the App, but it's the official Xbox or Windows App to manage your games from a phone)

I hope this will help some of you 🤞

• ELCOEMU
    1 posts
    @SmokesTree420 @CoffeeChimera72 @Fester506 @Spirit1203 @jaypeters Hi, everyone! Sorry you are still unable to update. Are all of you playing on Xbox One? Do any of you get error messages?

i have the same issue. Sucks 😕

• JustBcrozz
    2 posts

@ubi-peach yes I keep getting a message stating: You need this update, but we can't get it right now. Try agin in a while (0x8B050033) I've contacted xbox regarding it and they've told me to try the resets and redownloading the game etc. I've redownloaded the game 5 times already on different days and still get this message.

• Heighton94
    1 posts

I had this issue and have now resolved it. I had the disc in the xbox, went to the store and found AC Valhalla and had the option to install, I then removed the disc and pressed install, the game installed from the network, I put the disc back in to play and its worked fine.

Suggested Topics