Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SicariusXXVII
    Original poster 27 posts

JorRaptor in this video demonstrates that the +50 damage of Paladin Armor doesn't make a difference. I'm thinking this is/was a bug?
    05:44

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheNorfolkian
    612 posts

@sicariusxxvii I’ve been playing with the Paladin bonus for a while now and I’m definitely not seeing any obvious damage increase. The enemies I fight still take the same amount of hits to kill as they had before.

If no one has done it yet, I think I’ll report the bug in Player Support.

• victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@thenorfolkian isn’t that the case for all the armour boost?

• TheNorfolkian
    612 posts

@victoruchiha82 Is it? I have not noticed. I will investigate!

• victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@thenorfolkian i believe it was also joraptor. That bonus on armour and weapons don’t stack with skill point.

• TheNorfolkian
    612 posts

@victoruchiha82 If that’s true... it’s a seriously huge problem.

• TheNorfolkian
    612 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TheNorfolkian
    612 posts

@victoruchiha82 I recorded a test just now doing a comparison of damage output with and without the Paladin armor alone and with and without skill points. Looks like that there is a slight improvement, but it’s not drastic. Remember, we don’t know exactly how the math works in this game, and so we shouldn’t think of +50 melee damage in terms of percentages. This doesn’t appear to be a bug after all, just a misunderstanding of how the game works.

• victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@thenorfolkian if the players don’t know it’s a problem. Games like nioh and soulsborne you can clearly see what your damage will be like. No reason for this game to have some secret set of rules about it

• TheNorfolkian
    612 posts

@victoruchiha82 Agreed. It’s kind of ridiculous how Ubisoft has added ‘elements’ of an RPG, but then go an conceal it to such a degree that it’s impossible to understand what stat values really mean.

• azullFR
    1374 posts

@SicariusXXVII
    @TheNorfolkian
    @victoruchiha82

maybe attack damage is still hard capped (I didn't tested it), I found this topic talking about the damage cap problem :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/94799/ac-valhalla-damage-bugged-attack-hard-capped-helix-gear-w-lost-value?lang=en-US

when Ubi says +50 damage, it could be +50 damage/year (🤣) we can't know and it seems that they don't care about telling us the way it works (someone at Ubi"soft" may have decided that it is forbidden to communicate about these stats...I'm not sure of that, but with Ubi"soft" I won't be surprised that much...)

( Self-Reminder : add "Damage stats" to the Ubisoft taboo list 😶 )

• TheNorfolkian
    612 posts

@azullfr +50 damage/year! Hahaha!

Maybe the calculations are ‘up to’ +50 melee damage in the ‘dice roll’ (a la Dungeons & Dragons). When I was recording that video, I noticed that strong attacks really pushed the upper limit of possible critical damage, so maybe light attacks were capped at how much of a maximum the +50 could afford.

Suggested Topics