Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MILO11215
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi Guys,

I have been a division player since the start of the pandemic and believe you me I really played this game. (6k+ SHD) With the rise of NFTs and digital ownership I have been having some ideas and I don't believe Ubisoft is not taking notes. So perhaps it's worth putting a word in on the forum. Has anyone here had exposure to blockchain NFT gaming where you earn while playing? This is a whole new Genre in the gaming world.

Imagine every drop in Division 2 once calibrated and optimised to its fullest could be minted as an NFT on the blockchain. And there was a market place where players could trade their optimised drops in exchange for digital currencies. An example of this is already in play - a game called Axie Infinity.

But Axie isn't my type of game even though i could earn 100 Dollars a week playing it at the least or much more if I spend all my time on it. I want to see Division 2 NFT version thats plugged into the Metaverse. Wouldnt that be something?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    800 posts

@milo11215

No, it would NOT be something... Well, it would be something that I am not sure is desirable at all (read: hell NO!)
    For you to earn money, someone would need to buy your stuff (optimized or whatever), which translates in pay-to-win. This would kill any game in a few weeks (if anyone bothers with it at all).
    This already exists in the "black market" of gaming in the form of account selling. And it sucks.

• Oatiecrumble
    314 posts

No!!....Deffo No!! 😱

• dagrommit
    789 posts

Aside from NFT's being a scam in general, as well as terrible for the environment, allowing trading of loot for cash (digital or otherwise) is basically pay-to-win. It's a horrible idea.

want to see Division 2 NFT version thats plugged into the Metaverse

Anything to do with facebook should be avoided.

• xcel30
    416 posts

Oh HELL NO, i can see this being a worse trashfire than Diablo 3 auction house. As someone who has a friend who entered that market, he invested some money (thankfully not much) trying to see if he could make something back from it, people found a loophole overnight and the game had to froze everyone assets instead, no nobody can do anything because the gas price and frozen assets making any move in the game a big loss.

Most of these things are planned on the long run as ways to make money not as game systems, the moment a AAA game pulls [censored] like this, you better be sure that gaming will become a bigger hell than it already is

• tcarlisle2012
    147 posts

To implement such a scheme would require Ubisoft to allow changes to one's account inventory via this 3rd party service, and that is not likely going to happen.

• MelwinPhilip424
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • dagrommit
    789 posts

Prediction: we're going to see a bunch of one post accounts spamming this thread over time. Flag it as spam and hope the moderators are paying attention.

To counter the shills, the reason people are talking up this "game" is because daily earnings are falling off a cliff, and they need new recruits to keep the ponzi scheme going:

Also note how discussion around NFT gaming is never about playing the game for enjoyment, but about how to make money or recruit new suckers. As another tweet in that thread notes:

Axie Infinity has extremely impressive retention, but is this retention for a game, or for what is effectively a job?

[edit] I see the mods removed the spam post, thanks👍

• TxDieselKid
    205 posts

This game, and all others in the market as of today, should have NOTHING to do with NFT's.

Zero. You will lose every player you have now. Period.

NO ONE except investors/crooks wants NFT's in games today.

• Adrian-11
    800 posts

@txdieselkid

It's just the crooks really, that may pose as investors...

• xcel30
    416 posts

I would have preferred if this thread just died quietly and kept that way

Suggested Topics