ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jwicked87
    Original poster 5 posts

Is it possible to craft Level 40 superior (purple) gear mods? I have collected a number of Level 40 purple gear mods that seem to have higher possible rolls than their high-end counterparts. I know I can grind for these with targeted loot but I thought crafting would be a much faster option. I started a new character solely to level all the way up but intentionally not upgrade my crafting bench past superior quality. This worked up to level 30 - I had the option to upgrade but chose not to do it so that my second character's bench would be superior rather than high-end. However, once I went to New York and leveled up to 40, the game automatically upgraded my bench to high-end. Boo. Does anyone know if there is a way to craft Level 40 superior gear/mods?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    982 posts

@jwicked87 Pretty sure you can, you just need to buy the crafting recipe from the crafting lady, and i don't believe purple mods roll higher than high ends anymore, it used to be due the very bad "pie power distribution" that the devs used before that is not longer in the game

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@jwicked87

Not sure any purple would be better than any yellow/gold stuff.

• jwicked87
    Original poster 5 posts

@xcel30 I looked over my inventory and did a little farming tonight and can confirm that there are at least nine gear mods that have higher possible rolls on purple than they do on yellow. Armor on Kill, for instance, appears to max out around 20,000 or so if it’s a yellow mod. The same purple mod, however, looks like it goes up to around 40,000. xcel30, your comment about pie power distribution might address this, I’m not really sure. I don’t currently have any purple mods that beat my best yellow ones but the potential seems to be there, which is why I was so bummed when I couldn’t keep my crafting bench at Superior quality. 

• the_Kettle
    340 posts

I suspect this is simply a display bug with the bar that shows how close to max a stat is. In all the time I've been watching the forums, discord, build videos and speedrun videos I've never once seen mention of using purple gear mods. However, if you want to check further the easiest way would probably be farming the summit on normal or hard with as many directives as possible.

• Noxious81
    1257 posts

I don't think that you can craft purple mods if your Workbench is maxed out – if I remember correctly you can only decide to craft a generic high end mod, without knowing what attribute it will have.

But I anyway agree to what the_Kettle wrote, I have not seen any purple mods in any builds since Division 1. So I'd also suspect that this is either a display bug, a misinterpretation, somehow preserved left-over gear from prior Gear 2.0, or anything else but actually purple mods being twice as good as high end mods.

Maybe a screenshot could help figuring out what's going on here?

• jwicked87
    Original poster 5 posts

@the_kettle That's good advice. I'll give that a try. Thanks.

• jwicked87
    Original poster 5 posts

@noxious81 You're right, it does seem odd that purple could be better than yellow. Display bug could certainly be the case as well. But my curiosity is going to push me to keep farming those purple mods just to be sure. I'll post some screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about. If the numbers and progress bars are displayed correctly here then the purple values can go higher than the yellow.

• krazynomad
    3 posts

@jwicked87 it doesn't start at zero but at the lowest possible roll. So misinterpretation...

• jwicked87
    Original poster 5 posts

@krazynomad Ok, I see where I went wrong. Thanks for all your help, guys. Happy Hunting!

• Noxious81
    1257 posts
    (...) it doesn't start at zero but at the lowest possible roll. (...)

Exactly! I do not know the exact values, but I believe that the highest possible value of a purple mod is roundabout the lowest possible value of the respective high end mod (e. g. 7.5% being the highest possible value for the purple Skill Duration mod and the lowest possible value for a high end mod).

Suggested Topics