Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• thegardener25
    145 posts

Andy Reloads latest video contained new isu text, & here's a new video from Access The Animus having a go at translating parts of it.

• TheNorfolkian
    613 posts

@thegardener25 You should make a separate topic dedicated to new Isu language stuff... putting it in this old thread about the Saint Denis mystery would only be necessary if it directly related to the mystery itself.

• thegardener25
    145 posts

@thenorfolkian I totally agree with you! But I'm in the middle of decorating the hall & only stumbled on the new video while I was having a short break (of which I've had many). My reason for posting in this thread was because there isn't a great deal of traffic on the forum lately, & without scrolling up through all the previous posts, I'm no good at decoding/translating isu language, but I remember there are at least 2 or 3 people who have posted here that can translate. So if those people have notifications turned on, there's a chance of catching their attention. If you know what I mean?

Anyhow, feel free to start a new thread on the subject. I've got to get back to my painting. Cheers.

Edit.

Also, I know bumping is frowned upon, but I kind of wanted to make this thread easier to find, because if I have time later, I do have stuff to add to the previous findings after the last isu messages were translated.

• TheNorfolkian
    613 posts

@thegardener25 Ah, that is all reasonable. However, just for future reference, a good way of making sure that this thread gets the continued visibility it deserves is to keep an eye out for any other new threads where someone is curious about the Saint Denis mystery and to keep the link for this thread on hand so that you can copy/paste it into any new thread and say something like, “this topic has already been deeply explored... here”. That way you keep the awareness alive when necessary without technically ‘bumping’.

Hope your halls are decked with plenty of AC stuff.

• thegardener25
    145 posts

@thesmio I think you're probably right about the isu message relating to Loki, Alethia & Fenrir. There's surely much more to come in their story. It's been many months since I played the main stories, & I was trying to remember if Alethia has even spoken in the game (via the staff). In fact, most of the time, the staff of Hermes was in a sealed, glass case (IN CASE OF EMERGENCY - BREAK GLASS!! Lol) I think Basim spoke to her. But did Alethia respond? If anybody reading this can remember, pls let me know. In fact, didn't Alethia stop talking to Layla at some point during Fate of Atlantis dlc in Odyssey? I'll need to go back to Odyssey for another NG+ (Thank you so much for including NG+ in yer recent games ubisoft!!), I remember she went silent after Layla hit the Dr. But, did she speak after the Eagle Bearer & Layla collected the knowledge/data/memories? Some of the rumoured/leaked details of the upcoming Kassandra/Isle of Skye DLC will possibly feature dwarf blacksmiths. So, could these dwarves doctor the Staff of Hermes? We could at least get some further knowledge about the staff, because when the Eagle Bearer handed the Staff to Layla in MD, she advised Layla to destroy it (or words to that effect)!

Hildr/Hildiran could be the reference. There's obviously more story to come. There's armour to be found, & ancient sites known relating to Freyja & Odin.

As soon as I found out Darby McDevitt was the Narrative Director, & he was going to connect ACV to previous games, I looked at AC Revelations, & the books I'd collected, either through the Niccolo Polo Quests, or purchases from the Bookstores for clues, for references to either the norse in England, or the time period. Anyhow, 'The History of the Kings of Britain' by 'Geoffrey of Monmouth' (written - 12th century), stood out! It's a work of Historical Fiction, presented as Historical Fact! You don't need modern historians to point out the inaccuracies, because the verification of his sources was always questioned. Anyhow, he wrote an account, of a line of (I think,10) successive Kings, from Brutus to King Leir. Brutus, who discovered these islands, & on discovering, found it was inhabited by Giants (which chimes in with the 'Brendan of Clonfert' accounts). Anyhow, Brutus defeated the Giants, & these lands are named after Brutus, who conquered Britain.

When King Bladud dies by falling to his death. Leir (Lerion) becomes the new King. I'm probably wrong in my summary, but I think, that the time that Lerion becomes King (of Britain), is around about the same time as the founding of Rome. However, it's a work of fiction. Which is a source that Ubisoft exploits fairly often as filler for their games. Take the legends & myths that they stamped upon in AC3. They felt like doing a scoobyDoo, 'unmasking' on old legends. I don't like when people on the forum, just throw out accusations of "Lazy Writing"! But I think that taking characters from existing works of fiction, completely rewriting the story, is a tad lazy. Because, after Leir died in the original. Cordelia places his remains in an underground tomb, by a shrine dedicated to the Roman god Janus. It's supposedly in Leicester, under the river Soar. In fact, that's where Leicester got it's name (Lerion & Soar). Anyhow, I've swam the length & breadth of the river (in-game), I couldn't find entry to Janus' Tomb. In the city there is the farting woman who lives underground. There's a Hidden Ones Bureau, & a really elaborate under ground cave with Roman brickwork at both entrances & a number of large Roman statues inside, & all this just to hide a 'Roman Artefact'. But no sign of Janus' shrine, or Leir's grave!

Anyhow, I'm sorry for rambling on, & this may seem like it's completely unrelated to the St Denis mystery, or Isu text. I agree with @TheSmio that the text is most likely relating to Loki/Alethia/Fenrir. But I'm not sure that Lerion is actually dead.

So after the latest update from Access The Animus, I think the Text reads as:

"FAMILY PREPARES FOR GREATNESS"

"I BELONGED TO MY FAMILY"

"I PREPARED GREAT THINGS FOR IT"

"NOW I PREPARE MY REVENGE"

So, the Isu text is more than likely ancient & probably relates to ancient isu characters that feature in the 'Hidden Truth' video. Whereas, the story of Lerion & his 3 daughters occurred in more recent times (9th century). But as we've seen, events in the lives of these isu characters sort of repeat, or carry on in the lives of their descendants through the ages. Defeating the DoL drops Thors armour, so are they descended from Thor? I think Lerion is more likely a sage/descendent of Heimdall. In the Truth video, it was Heimdall that Loki stabbed in the back!

Suggested Topics