ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Metal_Greg
    Original poster 119 posts

Split the Dark zone in to two parts, an inner zone and an outer zone. one would be the PVPVE side and the other PVE, perhaps one dz with the inner zone PVPVE and the other DZ with the inner zone PVE.

This way people can farm but are also more inclined to PVP since it is right there. and make it so that its very easy to accidentally find your way into the PVP side and...... the chaos ensues.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• POP_King_Delica
    18 posts

@metal_greg ... No

• Metal_Greg
  • dagrommit
    894 posts

While the way the DZ works could do with some changes, making them effectively smaller for PvP is not one of them. And as a reminder, DZ loot is not any better than can be obtained elsewhere - especially as named item caches exist.

• DEDloc
    101 posts

The DZ is already messed up enough without this horrible idea in place. Please, just no.

• Virtual-Chris
    800 posts

For me, the risk of going into the DZ is what makes it so intense. Without the risk of PvP, it’s just not the dark zone.

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts
    @virtual-chris For me, the risk of going into the DZ is what makes it so intense. Without the risk of PvP, it’s just not the dark zone.

I tried to convey this in the past, but SirCowDog didn't think people liked this aspect, as I enjoy it for the same reason.

Bigger picture, I do think there needs to be a new area that has aspects of the DZ/West Side Pier but without the PvP (yeah, I know WSP had zero PvP, but it was DZ-ish without the PvP). Of course the rewards would need to be turned down a tad as the risk is what should make the rewards more worthy in the normal DZ (and that still needs to be tuned up as is now). Also, there should be a more hard core DZ/PvP area where there are no build restrictions (1 exotic gun/armor piece, etc). NPC Rogue's, and maybe even Hunter spawn in landmarks and surprise you with complete random spawns (not location locked).

Any ways, I've written a lot about that in other places, and this isn't really the place for it.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@txdieselkid

YES to some sort of WSP in D2! Complete with some Resistance missions/areas. Please make it dynamic, like in D1.
    For me, the ideal difficulty should be somewhere between Heroic and Legendary (or toggle, please). More rogues, hunters, white tusk encounters.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@metal_greg

The idea of "accidentally" crossing into the DZ is very tempting, could create some interesting situations, but I guess there is a major technical issue / limitation with servers. I don't think the internet connections or even the servers are where we can switch on the fly.

Other than that, your PVE DZ sounds a lot like LZ, where landmarks are like CPs, but easier and / or faster to complete.

If this is about the farming and DZ exclusives, yeah, that's annoying (same for raids). It's much easier to add an alternate path to get them (and Ubi should do that), than making DZ another kind of LZ.

• HonestlyOK1986
    153 posts

Absolutely not. What a horrible idea...the dz is a pvevp area, if you dont like the vp part then dont go in.

Tbh, if it was up to me, the whole map would be a pvevp. You could do missions without the threat of rogues but you'd have to extract some of the loot you'd got after and everything between there and the next missions etc would be pvevp, including bounties, cps, elite an resource patrols etc. Game would need to actually be balanced for that to work though.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@honestlyok1986

Sounds like Heartland might be the fix you need (if and when comes out)

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    254 posts

Still baffles me that players complain about the PvP aspect of the DZ. If you don't want to encounter player rogues, don't go into the DZ. It's that simple.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    254 posts

@adrian-11 They have. it's called the Summit. You can literally farm any piece of gear you want without encountering players.

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts
    They have. it's called the Summit. You can literally farm any piece of gear you want without encountering players.

It's the DZ exclusives they want, which can not be had in Summit.

• Metal_Greg

@txdieselkid agreed.

random rogue and hunter encounters would be awesome, i was thinking about that and what if when there is too much rogue activity in one location, a ton of hunters appear and take out every one. it would force players to move around the dz and also combat spawn killing

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    254 posts

@txdieselkid Either way, PvP should not be limited by any means in any DZ.

• Metal_Greg

after giving this thread some thought, I don't think its a good idea anymore cus there's just too many problems with it.

this is why you should take the time to fully think out ideas like this before making a post.

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts

@raciaiadhesive I'm not trying to take PvP out of the DZ's. I'm the opposite, I want MORE content locked exclusives.

• Dust-Demon
    19 posts

As i have said before, the only way they should add a PVE DZ would be in a rotation, where 1 would be normalized, 1 standard and finnaly 1 PVE. it won't hurt anyone in fact it will benefit pvp players more since searching for pvp will be down by 2 maps meaning higher chance of more pvp encounters etc.
    it's a win-win in my opinion.

• echolecter
    237 posts

You don't need rotation for PvE (co-op) only darkzones, just add toggle option (check point or even settings) like they had in TD1 for playing survival, simple as that. And players will be put into separate sessions labeled PvE or PvP when entering the DZ. Just read a topic in TD1 where players don't even have access to DZ on console because of PvP limitations. Which means they are missing out on roughly one third of the map, and only playing in single player mode. Having payed full price like everyone else they also should be able to access those areas as well, in a PvE mode.

Higher chances for PvP encounters only exists when (a lot) more people are playing. If they are harder to find that isn't because they are on different (or larger) maps, they just aren't there to begin with. It would be nice to be able to select PvE only for these areas so anyone can go in there, explore and play content against NPCs, whether it's in TD2 or TD1. So anyone that thinks PvP will be limited in any way has to convince more players how great PvP in this game actually is. Which is a challenge to start with ...

And yes when the new PvP only game comes out you could find yourself in the situation that DZ just becomes an empty space on the map without players. Maybe then it will be populated by people that only play the PvE content. And if eventually all the cheaters would also leave it might actually be fun to play in DZ again.

Suggested Topics