ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Jerel101
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi, I am a huge fan of watch dogs and was wondering if there will be a sequel.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• A1R50FT-10
    511 posts

@jerel101 i hope it happens ngl

• RCDeschene
    148 posts

I'd be surprised if there's a sequel after this current game. Legion was revealed to be one of Ubisoft's lowest sellers on release while Valhalla & Cyberpunk dominated the charts.

• ThePaulKersey
    3 posts

@rcdeschene It's probably because this WD went a different route. I love the concept of this game, but I wish it was split from WD as its own brand new open world crime game (so much potential there) and let WD go deeper with its focus on the surveillance state and hacking. There's a lot going on today that they could add, but that may be too controversial for a game hehe.

Off Topic Edit: Speaking of Cyberpunk, they share similarities, but I wish you could take the npcs here and put them there because they nailed that in this game!

• PneumaQuest
    1 posts

I'm glad they've stuck with WDL - coming back to it, I am really enjoying playing with Aiden, Wrench, and Darcy - and Bloodlines ties it all together.

BTW, just playing Bloodlines, the NPC Freddie announces she's moving to Cairo, and for Aiden to look her up if he ever goes there. Could that be a hint for WD4? It would be a cool locale.

• ZERO_1_SICK
    18 posts

I always though WD-Legion would be a sequel of WD2 but how wrong i was. A sequel of WD2 would be the best ever.

• RCDeschene
    148 posts

@zero_1_sick But WDL IS the sequel to WD2, it just happens to take place over a decade and in London. Plus, in-game lore data mentions that London is Blume's 3rd attempt at CToS after Chicago and San Francisco respectively. So, the only way a sequel between 2 and Legion could work is if the later is retconned, which, quite frankly, I'd be all for at this point.

The only way this series has any chance of being redeemed is by bringing it back closer to the present, restoring all the staple features that were outright gutted from the latest installment (i.e. car on demand, 3D printer, sniper rifles, etc.) and most importantly of all, in my opinion, bring the narrative back to a solid protagonist. One of the reasons why I had a hard getting into Legion for the longest time was the unwelcomed disbursement of significant gameplay features and abilities among an endless array of NPCs scattered about the map. If the WD team feels like not having a one-man-army super tech god protagonist, they can distribute things among a small band of unique characters that the player can actually invest in.

• ZERO_1_SICK
    18 posts

@rcdeschene Yes i understand and you raise cool points however, i don't class WD-Legion as a sequel due to my interpretation of the sequel is to do the same exact as WD2 but merely updated version of WS2.

But, RCDeschene cool input

• GhostAgent14
    189 posts

@zero_1_sick

I'm completely with you on a possible sequel to Watch Dogs 2!! That's my favorite so far, and Marcus is my favorite Watch Dogs character so far as well. It was a treat to at least hear him in the Bloodlines DLC.

• ZERO_1_SICK
    18 posts

@ghostagent14 It would not be difficult for Ubi to make the game an update to WD2 because they had already done so in the Legion as a PvP as seen. All they need to do is a bit more and allow the PvP become WD-2-&-Legion-integrated

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

A WD4 seems likely as development will likely have started before WDL launched.

Legion was groundbreaking in its population creation, though sadly by itself that was less engaging.

I'd expect to see very clear characters for 4.

Suggested Topics