Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Teri-Peri
    Original poster 8 posts

Ever since I got my 6900xt (Feb 2021) I am not able to play ACO as there are constant dips in fps and low average fps. This happens weather on LOW or Ultra settings in-game. Since then I have formatted my PC 3 times and always installed the latest drivers. I do not overclock or change the default settings. My windows configuration is as stock standard as it gets. I still get this problem. Other games like AC Vahalla, Call of Duty, Counter Strike, Doom Eternal ect I get high fps as expected. I don't know, am I missing something?

PC Specs:
    Asus ROG STRIX Z270F GAMING
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
    HyperX 32GB 3000mhz
    Sabrent 1TB NVMe PCI-E 4.0 (SB-ROCKET-1TB)
    XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT Speedster MERC319 RX-69XTACUD9 16GB GDDR6 256-bit PCI-E 4.0
    Cooler Master V1000 1000W PSU
    Dell S2721DGFA 27" WQHD (2560x1440) 165Hz 1ms IPS AMD FreeSync Premium Pro

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 380 posts

@teri-peri Hey there. Sorry to hear that you keep experiencing FPS drops in Assassin's Creed Origins! Can you let me know what your normal FPS is in the game and what it's been dipping down to (approximately)? It would also be helpful to know when you're noticing the FPS drops, as in during combat, just in menus, free roaming, idling in game, etc.

Official Response
  • Teri-Peri
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubikoreanbbq Hi, sorry for late response.
    I get the low fps inside all cities, villages and small populated areas. Whether the character moves or not.
    As soon as I turn my character then the low fps and spikes are worse.
    Also notice when I run around the cities in general, I get the fps spikes.
    I notice that far outside the unpopulated areas the game is smooth and fps spikes less.

First screenshot is on Ultra and I'm in Siwa where the fps spikes and are erratic. AVG:51 MAX:82 MIN:23
    The second on the lowest and still in Siwa where the fps spikes and are erratic. AVG:62 MAX:112 MIN:12
    The last one on the highest setting and running around in a unpopulated area and the fps is mostly stable. AVG:84 MAX:125 MIN:29

Thanks for any help given.

undefined

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

@teri-peri Thank you very much for providing these images and further description of where these FPS drops are occurring. Would you be able to gather a video that shows this from your gameplay as well? Just post it to YouTube as unlisted and then send us the link.

Additionally, just in case, please complete our guide here. Afterwards, create a support ticket and attach your MSinfo and DxDiag files. Then return here with your ticket number and we can review these files.

Official Response
  • Teri-Peri
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubikobold I've created a ticket 15249224. It's under the category "Subscriptions", because it would not let me submit it under the category Technical Issues.

I managed to record some gameplay as request:

Thank you. If there is more info needed. Please let me know.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 509 posts

Thanks for providing the ticket number and attaching those files @teri-peri! After reviewing them further, it appears your graphics card drivers are out of date. Please check out this article for updating your graphics card drivers, and reach back out to me here if they helped.

Official Response
  • Teri-Peri
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-mercury Yes, I only install the latest recommended drivers (21.6.1 WHQL), but for the sake of science I've installed the latest optional drivers (21.8.2 non-WHQL) and recorded some gameplay again. It is the same result as last time.

Recorded gameplay with the latest optional drivers:

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

@teri-peri Thank you for updating your drivers and providing this other video! I can see that one of our agents has been communicating with you and continuing to provide troubleshooting assistance. I suggest sticking with that ticket as this continues, to keep everything in one place.

However, if there is something else that we can assist with, please let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics