ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• unarmed_punk
    Original poster 2 posts

This is an npc duplicating bu and even now during raids mosts of the npc just stand still.

Screenshot :
    https://ibb.co/jyMmp79

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TORFINR
    376 posts

AC Valhalla is a very good single player adventure.
    You start at point A then you go to point B, then to point C and so on til the end.
    And when it's finished you uninstall the game as it present ZERO replayability.
    At the same time of development, AC Odyssey had already one of the best story (superior by far at ACV) and an astonishing replayability.

I never judge a game for the fun it gives while "leveling" / "doing the main story arc", the true value of a game comes from what it can give after...
    and I'm forced to say that AC Valhalla on that matter is one of the crappiest single player game of the market.
    Though I understand that Ubisoft made here a game for the new generation of gamers, who are simply consuming games like cheeseburgers at McDonalds: even the streamers and other "famous" Youtubers are active in a game for a few weeks, sometimes even less. A good hype, streamers fueling the hype and customers buying the game, it's in a nutshell what the game industry is about these days: money money money. Beautiful shiny papers with a turd inside. Valhalla is just that.

Beyond the graphics, which are beautiful, the core of the game is a total disgrace. And I dare to say that most Android RPGs have better leveling/evolution mechanics than this Valhalla.
    And for me, what I mentioned above is very serious, far more serious than a few bugs on npc (even though I understand and agree with what you wrote)

I know it's subjective but if I give a 8/10 for Origins and a 9/10 for Odyssey, Valhalla reaches barely a 6/10. It's true value in the long run is near non existent.

• TheNorfolkian
    1187 posts

@torfinr I completely agree with your critique. I would like to add a note that may give another level of context to why Valhalla is the gaming equivalent of bloatware. I checked my stats on Ubisoft Connect and found that I had spent 181 hours playing AC Origins, and even played some of the game in NG+ mode before switching to Odyssey. I spent over 332 hours playing Odyssey, but I must admit that about 200 of that was completing everything, and another 100 or so was pure replay and NG+ fun. Where am I with Valhalla? Over 450 hours and counting, and compared to some other players, that’s nothing. Have I completed everything? No. Have I leveled up everything and cleared off every little chest? No. Compared to Origins and Odyssey, the amount of grinding required by this game is absurd.

I remember the old days when I would play through the earlier AC games, be satisfied with finishing the story and some side missions, set it aside, and then eventually come back after a time and grind out everything for completion... but with those games, grinding for completion was actually fun. I honestly have no desire to grind more than is necessary for Valhalla. For instance, I don’t have all the gold medals for the Mastery Challenge, and I don’t think I ever will bother to get them because that XBox Achievement just isn’t worth my time. It’s almost entirely bloatware.

Suggested Topics