Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• chrixle
    Original poster 1 posts

I have a 220 hours save game (amount display on the profile) that does not load anymore. When I load the game after a short while (much less than it would normally try to load) some kind of small map is loaded with fog in the middle and an unmovable ship. I am unable to load any kind of state from the profile. When I create a new one, I can load it. But it does not switch to the respective profile when I click on it. I can only try to load the profile when it is the latest profile and using the "continue" function. However it always ends in the described state. The state is loaded into the cload, but cloud or not does not change anything. And there is also no crash or anything to report which is normally do if the game crashes. What kind of "feature" is this weird loading stuff anyways?!

I tried to verify corrupted game files but it did not show anything wrong. While I am unable to load any state of the profile. It seems to be broken. I have no idea what I can do to solve the problem. I have only seen some post in old or archived forums with people lost and no clue how to solve that. So after a couple of days without results, I am writing here. So... how can I fix this? It at least seems to be a known bug for ages, as I found references > 1 year ago but not a single answer.

PS: Your "new platform" is pretty bad. First it did not understand why "reply" lead me to a weird page with a couple of games, until before the third click I saw it's archived. Just cause I luckily overered I identified a link below "new platform". Well... kinda screwed migration workflow. It took me some time to find the button to start this thread. Why the hell does the visible "login to post something" move as unrecognized button to the bottom right?! It took me even longer to find out how to work around the frontend bug "category not selected". I had to open developer console and try to find where to put in the category. Luckily I found out that if I switch via "toggle device toolbar" I can select a category. And I wondered about that. Then I found out, that even thought "Anno" was selected as "Location", it did not work. Why the hell is that named "Location" on desktop resolution and why does it have selections that does not work?! And btw tags do not work either if that weird state in between (it shows the label, but that's not, nothing selectable, cause selecting a category seem to work as precondition). Not sure what you QA and UI/UX team is doing but... uff... I managed to handle as being a dev myself and took my time to find out (cause of my serious bug). But I doubt that everyone is that eager. Let's summarize it has a lot of potential for improvement. And as being an expert on such fields kinda triggers me. However, I prefer focussing on my initial issue. Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics