Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• INV_DALERIUM
    Original poster 11 posts

It is suitable for cabaret what massive does
    Massive announced DLC for div 2 and hertland 7 months ago !!!!
    No E3 showcase , No Gamescom
    Not iven a single trailer or a PICTURE or any txt INFO about progres NOTHING - In addition, during the announcement of these DLC and new game - they wrote that in addition to the repeating season, they will add new appaer ivents - NOPE nothing also !!!
    Massive is the worst developer to come into contact with community i ever see in my 20 years gaming experience
    The funniest thing is that they wrote exactly 7 months ago that they will improve contact with community - YEACH SURE
    The same old promises with no solid information
    I am surprised how this company still functions, because after their approach to success in other titles, it does not bode well for them

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    703 posts

@inv_dalerium

How dare you, the customer, to have expectations of them, based on what they said?! Unbelievable!!! 😁

• dagrommit
    658 posts
    Massive is the worst developer to come into contact with community i ever see in my 20 years gaming experience

Someone has forgotten the disaster that was Cyberpunk 2077 already I see.

It's always funny to watch people complain about broken past promises, then demand that new promises be made that could also be broken.

Here's a suggestion - play some other games. There's no shortage of them. Psychonauts 2 looks excellent.

• INV_DALERIUM
    Original poster 11 posts

@dagrommit dude CD P at least they showed something - gameplays ,pictures,trailers and always some info about progres
    Here we have promisses for good relations with communiuty without any change
    No a single PICTURE , trailer or any info about progres nothing dude 7 months silent
    iI that's the right approach for you and you don't see anything wrong with it, then there is something wrong with you

• L96_IIBuRnSII
    9 posts

@inv_dalerium These devs are embarrasing.

I would black list every single developer that has worked on this game (not the artists). I wouldnt let them touch development again.

And to think these have got the rights to a star wars game aswell hahahaha. They are going to get obliterated when they mess that up aswell. Which they will. Because they are incompetent.

Actually boils my blood that these idiots are allowed to create games. Utterly pathetic.

• Virtual-Chris
    646 posts
    It is suitable for cabaret what massive does
    Massive announced DLC for div 2 and hertland 7 months ago !!!!
    No E3 showcase , No Gamescom
    Not iven a single trailer or a PICTURE or any txt INFO about progres NOTHING - In addition, during the announcement of these DLC and new game - they wrote that in addition to the repeating season, they will add new appaer ivents - NOPE nothing also !!!
    The funniest thing is that they wrote exactly 7 months ago that they will improve contact with community - YEACH SURE
    The same old promises with no solid information
    I am surprised how this company still functions, because after their approach to success in other titles, it does not bode well for them

This is not unique to Massive. I've been a long time fan and follower of the Ghost Recon series, and the exact same post could be used to describe the Ubisoft Paris studio that owns that franchise. Ubisoft makes great games (most of the time), but they are the worst at keeping their stakeholders and fans informed.

• dagrommit
    658 posts
    dude CD P at least they showed something - gameplays ,pictures,trailers and always some info about progres

Much of which turned out to be B.S. Their "progress" reports were meaningless given they had to delay the game three times. The release was so bad on consoles that it had to be pulled from the Playstation store.

iI that's the right approach for you and you don't see anything wrong with it, then there is something wrong with you

Sheesh, it's like you haven't learned anything from what happened in the past. Don't believe the hype.

• Adrian-11
    703 posts

@virtual-chris @INV_DALERIUM

Let's not go after the developers, artists, and so on. I think that would be unfair, they can do much if it goes against the direction from the "top"...
    These are mostly Ubi's "management" decisions, from general strategy and direction, and comms and marketing strategy, to resources allocation (or the lack of any of that).

As for Cyberpunk or others... cheap whataboutism. It's okay if Ubi takes a dump on your plate and you want to believe there is some good reason for it. But please don't say it should be okay for the rest of us because other did the same or worse.

• TK105
    27 posts

@inv_dalerium I'm with you.
    In addition, even if there are bugs or malfunctions, they have been left unattended and have not even created and released a patch for several months.
    The previous forum, and this new forum, already have a huge number of bug reports.
    Massive & UBI What the hell are you doing? ....Slow support / misguided response.
    The reality of not being able to correct abnormalities in games developed in-house.

Are UBI and MASSIVE working together to report and communicate? I'm suspicious. 

The next new content, even the outline, was not disclosed at all.
    Massive. ...isn't it because the production hasn't progressed to the point where it can be shown? 
    I didn't announce anything at E3. That is, there was nothing that could be announced. I think it was because I couldn't even make the materials needed for the presentation.
    Keeping silence for such a long time, and as a result, if the new content is something like "Kenry University", it will be a big laugh.

Regarding game bugs and anomalies, the games released by UBI from last year to this year have a huge number of fatal bugs.
    There are many other things such as the game client crashing and graphics anomalies.
    Moreover, most of them have been ignored and have not been resolved even after half a year or nearly a year. The fact that it can hardly be solved. 

For example, there are a lot of bugs caused by crashes and updates in the new "Watch Dogs" recently.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/category/717/player-support?lang=en-US

Take action! UBI.
    And MASSIVE ... First of all, tell the user the new content with just the text, and ask the users for suggestions!If the content isn't interesting, the time you're spending is wasted.
    It's too late since it was released.At the production stage, it is better to check many opinions and impressions as to whether the content is what users are looking for or whether it is content that can be played over and over again.

• LateNiteDelight
    470 posts

Anyone have an example of better AAA devs? Because they all suffer from long gaps between content, hit and miss communication, and forums full of folks whining about bugs, annoyances, RNG, and dev decisions.

Let's also remember some folks have gotten Heartlands updates, and most of Sweden spends the Summer on holiday. Lastly, Ubisoft remains a dumpster fire, from a leadership and communication stand point.

Massive has their issues, but I'd take them over many of their competitors.

• Oatiecrumble
    300 posts

1: We moan when we don't see any new news
    2: If we do see some new news we moan when is it coming out
    3: We moan and moan why it's taking so long
    4: We moan when it's been rushed and released and full of bugs

Bottom line is.....we moan no matter what.

🤕

• dagrommit
    658 posts
    As for Cyberpunk or others... cheap whataboutism. It's okay if Ubi takes a dump on your plate and you want to believe there is some good reason for it. But please don't say it should be okay for the rest of us because other did the same or worse.

LOL, you should read the OP before replying. The Cyberpunk reference was in response to the argument that "Massive is the worst developer". The last time I looked, no Division game was pulled from a storefront and "no questions asked" refunds offered.

Point being, that is an example of people believing the hype, and the reality being very different. I used to subscribe to the idea that Ubi's PR strategy was bad, because it kept people in the dark. Then Cyberpunk happened, and Codename Nightmare got cancelled.

• Virtual-Chris
    646 posts
    Anyone have an example of better AAA devs? Because they all suffer from long gaps between content, hit and miss communication, and forums full of folks whining about bugs, annoyances, RNG, and dev decisions.

Let's also remember some folks have gotten Heartlands updates, and most of Sweden spends the Summer on holiday. Lastly, Ubisoft remains a dumpster fire, from a leadership and communication stand point.

Massive has their issues, but I'd take them over many of their competitors.

This deserves more than just a thumbs up… Well said. Other developers are equally horrible. It’s not an excuse, but it is the truth. The game industry is in a funk. The expectations and costs to produce a AAA title and the business pressures to make billions in profit has really reached a breaking point. I’m not sure where it ends, but it’s likely to get worse before it gets better.

• HonestlyOK1986
    85 posts

Fortunately for us so many other top titles are being released this year to go to.

• INV_DALERIUM
    Original poster 11 posts

@virtual-chris look on Bungie(destiny 2 )how they add all time greate DLC'S with new story , new raids , new waepons new game modes , new missions and in game ivents
    Soo yes they are much much better developers than terrible massive aprouch
    Another example look how is ESO on-line developed - all time greate DLC , new dungenons, waepons , ivents
    3 th example - WARFRAME all time new DLC , weepons , ivents
    you should open your eyes

• dagrommit
    658 posts
    you should open your eyes

You should follow your own advice. Destiny and Warframe are free-to-play games that have to create new content regularly to keep people paying. Similarly, access to the DLC for ESO Online costs $$$ or requires a subscription. Also LMAO @ the idea that people don't complain about Bungie being the "worst developer"

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/237504179
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/247548512

Now, the lack of new content is a fair complaint about Division 2, but you should direct that ire to Ubi corporate who decide what studios work on and when.

• Adrian-11
    703 posts

Now, the lack of new content is a fair complaint about Division 2, but you should direct that ire to Ubi corporate who decide what studios work on and when.

One line that I can agree with 100%.

• Merphee
    39 posts
  • LateNiteDelight
    470 posts

@inv_dalerium Bungie averaged over 12mo to release expansions before they went F2P - the exact same timeframe as Massive with TD2 until Ubi pushed them over to Avatar & Star Wars. All games in this genre follow either an annual update or break it into smaller quarterly updates. There is no shining exemplar that has elevated themselves amongst the pack [I keep trying to find one, maybe I'm just too picky, with a very narrow band of what I'm looking for in the genre].

To each their own, but the only thing Destiny 2 does better than The Division is melee and PvP, but I don't care about PvP.

• LateNiteDelight
    470 posts

@honestlyok1986 such as [co-op, shooter]?

I'm constantly looking for new games, and the only one that has me mildly intrigued is the new BF at the moment. I've got my eye on Halo Infinite, but I haven't enjoyed a Halo since the original. Also still waiting for Hitman 3 to no longer be an Epic exclusive. Anything I missed?

Suggested Topics