ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• W1LDCARD
    Original poster 13 posts

Hello Rainbow Support Team

I think it's time for Alibi's holograms to change to the skins she's wearing.

Giving her cool skins in the battlepass and not being able to utilize it to it's fullest potential?

It's like if caveira could only interrogate if using her default skin. (I think you get my point)

Is there any way Alibi is getting the change she rightfully need?

People that wants to play around with her holograms and possibly hide in one of them are forced to pick the default skin.

And that's a shame.

Sincerely,

W1LDCARD (that likes Alibi's skins and don't want them to go to waste)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Slyrr7
    132 posts

@w1ldcard That would be logical. But what I'd REALLY like them to do is add some idle animations to the Alibi holograms.

• xcel30
    844 posts

*something something* tech issues, that's the information we got

Why Alibi can't have customized holograms - Ubi_Melo: Rainbow6

• Slyrr7
    132 posts

@xcel30 This is a dodge that UBI and the Siege developers have been using for a long time now. Whenever anybody asks for anything that's totally do-able and reasonable, but which UBI is just too lazy to implement, they pretend that there are 'technical limitations' which prevent them from doing it. Like bringing back the original maps as an option for custom matches. UBI could do it easily. The files and coding are STILL in the game. All they'd have to do is turn them back on and do some minor tweaking to the Multiplayer setup. But instead they hem and haw and act like they've never heard of "computers" before. Alibi and her holograms are in the same boat, seemingly. There's absolutely no reason in the world why they couldn't have her holograms using the SAME cosmetics as the player using the operator. Or give them idle animations. They could do both, easily. They just don't WANT to.

Imagine that. UBI is a company that's full of people who are supposed to be professionals. They're supposed to be the best, the smartest coders, programmers, and expert game developers in the whole world. Doing things like this should be child's play for them. It should be a quick project they could knock out in a week or so. Instead they're acting like a bunch of dunderheaded amateurs in some pre-school programming class, whining that they don't know HOW to program or code.

• xcel30
    844 posts

@slyrr7 In this specific case about alibi i can give some comments due knowing a thing or two, Iana hologram is just a ctrl+c ctrl+v of her model, so no work is needed to be done since it just is using her same model that already has files mades the moment they add in the cosmedic to the game.

In Alibi's case things are slighty different since the gadget is a low poly model of her that is unique and made that way to be spread by having multiple of them, it is not re-using alibi model as it's a new one for her gadget, so if they would need to make a new model based on every skin she has, every headgear, every combination and weapon.

To sum it up, Iana is just copy and paste with zero effort, Alibi would require someone to make a cardboard cutout for every single permutation of uniform, headgear and weapon camo. Also don't mistake this with me defending the devs, they are the ones that put themselves in the corner and they are the ones that need to solve it for sure

• Cab00s3Rvb2
    28 posts

@xcel30
    Or (and I'm no one technical and good with programing)
    They could scrap her current hologram coding and redue it like Iana's hologram, I know that is also a lot of work but if they come out with new skins for her (and they will) this will help in the long run and while they are at it they can add the option to change the holograms stance in the next test servers to see how the (pro and high ranking players feel about it because everyone else is just their for whatever they want apparently) fans like it

• xcel30
    844 posts

Sadly i cannot comment how viable any of the codding parts is to do that and what other limitations they actually have to say more than i already have

• Cab00s3Rvb2
    28 posts

I like how they didn't touch mutes jammers (for what I know) for the whole time that he was out until the crystal guard season, but alibi that people that are asking for her to have while people may have asked for this but on the lower count

1. Her to have the skins and attachments on her holograms

2. Her to have the ability to change the stances of those holograms

3. You can take the rest from here (mainly those two)

Suggested Topics