Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/15 Replies/312 Views
    Z7_Z7
    Original poster 16 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    700 posts

@duske

You know, within all this BS, there is one little thing that is kind of true: the bullet sponge, which is not that bad on Challenging. But everything else... just no.
    Try a bit of Legendary, see if you can make it past the first door. Yet, other players do speed runs...

• LateNiteDelight
    462 posts

@duske you might be the only one 👩‍🏫

I'm not experiencing this at all, and the player engagement numbers are lower these days.

Statistically though, probably some other folks willing to attest to your experience. Guess we'll see ..

• Virtual-Chris
    637 posts

Made me LOL… mainly because I’ve had all these frustrations at one point or another. Thank you though, for providing a new name for my Striker Drone that often does exactly what yours does… hover in mid air doing nothing 😡

• Z7_Z7
    Original poster 16 posts

@adrian-11

None of it is BS.

So playing an even more broken difficulty setting means the one below is less broken? lol jesus christ, you must be Ubisoft dev on an alt account.

Ubisoft balance the game around a single speed runner, that's good to know. Because the majority of players play like that don't they.

@LateNiteDelight

Well, I am.

I'm playing solo, not with other players.

Possibly, but it needed to be said (typed). I played the other day on Challenging taking over a level 3 control point and kept being one shot from the other side of the map. Noticed the difficulty had been bumped up to Heroic. I wondered if I was being trolled by someone at Ubisoft messing with my game.

I don't really understand the point to get the weird green gear and exotic gear, upgrade it to be one shot losing all armour and health. Yet the enemies are complete sponges with better gear and guns than me. It's stupid and doesn't make any sense at all. I'm less 'powerful' than I was at level 1, but I have the upgraded watch with points into that on top of everything else. It's lazy obsolete game design. Time for the Boomers to be retired or fired and some more competent people in charge who don't rely on out-dated game mechanics of artificial difficulty, but that'll never happen.

• Virtual-Chris
    637 posts

Let me add another voice of support to the nonsense that is the movement/controls in this game. Its the worst I’ve ever seen in a game. I’m stuck to a tree like bark. Do you think I can escape the tractor beam cover sticky? No Fn way. My character moves like a frickin elephant while enemies are on crack. It’s really pretty ridiculous.

• Z7_Z7
    Original poster 16 posts

@virtual-chris

I appreciate the support because it does get frustrating while playing by the games rules yet the game itself will cheat by blatantly breaking those rules which is just insulting. I don't have aimbot, I don't know the precise millisecond that the enemy is about the do something then one shotting them when they do ripping through their entire armour and 99% health. Their drone do exactly what they're supposed to do, mine are less than 50/50 if they respond or not. I want the same armour and guns as the enemies.

I understand higher difficulty isn't meant to be 'fair' but this game really does take the [censored]. All the effort of building a character is wasted and pointless.

I find my character is either stuck to everything or wont climb or vault over anything - always when in combat. It's like the game can't deal with more than one thing happening at once. If I have enemies trying to flank me, moving position, throwing grenades, drones, fire EVERYWHERE, shot from every direction around me, but all I'm trying to do is get to cover or evade and the controls either don't respond or become completely erratic.

• xcel30
    341 posts

Yeah, that is quite different from what i remember challenging being about. Won't say anything else because i know it will just result at people shingling [censored] at me

• LateNiteDelight
    462 posts

@duske we do! There are just more of them. A build without any armor cores slots you between a Hard & Challenging Red. A full DPS build will out DPS any enemy you find on Challenging except maybe a Hunter. Think about Lincoln, for example, you non-chalantly plow through 65 enemies, including 4 named elites. As one person.

Getting truly one shot usually means you have a very poor server connection. Same with issues pertaining to cover or vaulting. Those are the worst, and incredibly frustrating [I've rage quit before due to them]. I've never dealt with the getting one shot issue, but I have been unfortunate enough to find myself out of cover getting tagged by 3 enemies and a nade at once, oops. Status is definitely a pain in the [censored], but I think well balanced, personally. 95% of my deaths are me making bad tactical choices or not paying attention. I don't find the game to be cheating at all, but obviously ymmv.

I do hate sponge though. Put me in the camp that would rather see enemies with higher accuracy, better tactics, and better timing as you move up in difficulty [imagine Heroic is Hard enemy health/damage, but with all the enemies having modified Hunter AI].

In case you never tuned into a SOTG, you need to realize the Devs don't want this game to be a power fantasy on higher difficulties. If you want a power fantasy, play Hard [or Destiny 2]. If you want to have to at least turn your brain on slightly, play Challenging. If you want to use the tactics the Devs prefer you use, and can accept some sponge, play Heroic. If you want to play broken BS [but doable with the right gear, and tactics], play Legendary.

• tcarlisle2012
    119 posts

Well, the way you describe the game isn't any fun at all. Not sure why you even play. But if you do stick with it, you will one day read this and understand why you had so much trouble at this point in TD2 player development.

• BT3241
    86 posts

@virtual-chris This one is under controls in the settings look at Movement can exit cover and Move around corner speed make it fast.
    Also look at increasing you visibility under game play additional field vision and additional field vision while aiming put it right up to 25 you get use to it really quick.

• Virtual-Chris
    637 posts

@bt3241 Thanks... I spent a lot of time early on tweaking things and I'm definitely use to it now, but that doesn't make it good. Movement and cover stickiness in this game is horrible.

• Noxious81
    375 posts
    Yeah, that is quite different from what i remember challenging being about. Won't say anything else because i know it will just result at people shingling [censored] at me

I totally agree with you right there. And usually threads starting with numerous [censored] tags do not lead to a fruitful conversation... but I at least wanted to give yo a +1 here!

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

I normally play Heroic Solo, sometimes with Randoms. It's not unusual for the NPCs to have OHKs. Not surprising that they keep that as the game is suppose to get easier.

Some players want the game easier vs those who want it harder. You find your niche and fit in.

• BT3241
    86 posts

I have noticed since they tweaked the AI up I can now be one shot - I see my Armour break and I go down I am pretty sure its the yellow turret. It never use to do that the turret is overpowered. I have to watch where they drop their turret so it doesn't hit me.

Suggested Topics