Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 249 posts

It's crazy how high the drop rate is now: I had four Pestis drop in less than 20 minutes of DZ play.

I've stopped doing any of the SHD or Summit projects because I have (combined) almost 170 units of Pestilence and Chameleon (combined), split between my Inventory, Stash and Mailbox. My "exotic components" is maxed out at 20, so I am only holding on to these to deconstruct if I ever get an Eagle Bearer or Bighorn or similar...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Virtual-Chris
    463 posts

@sock_monkey

170?! Sheesh.

I guess I better get into the DZ.

Q: to get the best loot, should I be taking landmarks or looking for those locked crates? Or both?

• Sock_Monkey

@virtual-chris I cannot say with 100% certainty, but I don't recall any exotics coming from locked crates in the DZ. Generally I have been underwhelmed with the loot from those.

Almost all of mine were from landmarks, Challenging or Heroic. Killing the named Elite at the end seems to have a relatively high chance of dropping an exotic - and by exotic I mean Pestilence (in the DZ)..Three of the four in 20 minutes I mentioned came that way, the fourth was a random drop when I killed an Elite patrol that I happened upon in the streets.

Note that the 170 also includes Chameleons, which is almost the only exotic that randomly drops for me in the LZ going on 18 months (not counting grind exotics like Ridgeway, or rewarded ones like Vile, etc.). I think I did a calculation once and it was over 98% Chameleon!

• Virtual-Chris
    463 posts

@sock_monkey

Thanks... I may try the DZ tonight... will report back! 🙂

I guess if I don't get one from an enemy drop, I just need to go rogue and steal one 😛

• helenmagnus1
    2 posts

@virtual-chris

I got two from killing NCPs.

• Virtual-Chris
    463 posts
    @virtual-chris

I got two from killing NCPs.

Not other players? I gotta get in there.

• Adrian-11
    572 posts

@virtual-chris

You can probably get one within one hour, perhaps a little longer if you don't have the blueprint.
    In the end, it will be your RNG good or bad luck.

• Sgt-Clubba
    7 posts

I regularly get between 2 - 4 pestilence per DZ session, I was shocked the other week when I got 2 backfires within 20 mins in DZ, I don't collect them anymore or even bother extracting exotics because I already have 2 or 3 of each spread across 3 characters (still no Bighorn after 2000 hours).
    The last few weeks for me the duplicate exotic and named item drops have gone crazy in DZ & LZ.
    Got 2 chameleons last night from the same bounty, around 18 nightwatchers in a single 4 hour session last week and a further 4 the next day.
    The loot tables are way out of whack IMHO, almost daily now I'm getting 2 of the same exotic item and multiples of named items.

• Sock_Monkey

@sgt-clubba I agree. I've completely stopped doing the SHD and Summit weekly projects. I have every single exotic save for the ones behind a Raid (Eagle Bearer, Big Horn and Regulus) and was only accumulating them for exotic components to re-roll any of the others in case I happened to get one. Now I have 80+ Pestilence and over a hundred Chameleon, plus my exotic components inventory is maxed at 20, so if I ever land and EB or BH I can roll it till I get tired. 🙂

• fs_slacker
    21 posts

Big Horn isn't raid exclusive. It can only drop on Legendary missions or Legendary Summit. You might of been thinking of the Ravenous.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics