Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 646 posts

I have the following builds that I enjoy using... I'm wondering if there's something else for solo play that I should consider?

• Rifle Build - All RED CHC/CHD with Glass Cannon using Artist's Tool 716 perfect Rifleman (Sharpshooter)
    • Sniper Build - All RED Headshot emphasis with Chainkiller using decoy and Mantis Exotic (Sharpshooter)
    • Full Auto ND Build - All RED using 4xND and Glass Cannon with LMG, AR, or SMG (Gunner)
    • Eclipse Build - For status effects (Technician)
    • Hunter's Fury Build - For DZ survivability with Perfectly Unbreakable, Shield and Scorpio (Technician)

The HF build has also been great for the Guardian event.

Is there anything interesting I could do with the Survivalist Specialization in solo play?

Anything else I should start looking at?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LateNiteDelight
    470 posts

Protection From Elites. It's hilarious.

There are dozens of ways to approach it, but the main key is crafting improvised holsters, gloves, and kneepads for the extra mod slot. Then you need to get enough Protection from Elites mods [the Vendors sell them occasionally].

I normally run mine as a semi-tank build. Nearly all attributes are Crit, Ceska Unbreakable chest, Belstone mask, Memento backpack. The kneepads are an armor core too. I can survive a Hunter Axe blow, Gold & Named Enemies tickle me - just flips the script in that I need to prioritize Veterans [Purple], then Reds, then Elites.

Occasionally I'll mix it up by swapping in more offensive pieces. I was getting kind of bored of my normal builds at the time, and this breathed new life into the game for me.

• the_Kettle
    140 posts

@virtual-chris
    A recent favourite of mine is the crit/skill hybrid, but it takes a bit more farming: just take a standard all-red PGC crit build (you need drops that already have CHC/CHD on them), recalibrate 4 red cores to skill tiers, swap in Memento, Capacitor & Technician. You'll do almost as much damage with Capacitor, but with tier 6 skills - I usually run it with turret & drone as the lack of skill haste is less of an issue with them, they benefit from Capactior & PGC damage buffs, and they draw fire away from your squishy self. However, you can be flexible with the skills and just swap them around to match whatever the game is throwing at you. You can also swap in Overwatch / Perfect Overwatch if the squish is too much (I know you're a fan of glass cannon though!)

A boring but useful backup build to have available is the standard afk drone/turret build, just for those days when you can't seem to hit anything yourself and want to turn your brain off. You can also rejig it a bit to remove almost all the skill haste (which you don't really need for turret/drone) and replace with crit or blue stats, depending how you feel.

Regarding Survivalist, I actually use that instead of technician for my Eclipse build, as the crossbow is a useful backup for dealing with fire-immune heavies & dogs.

• Virtual-Chris

Thanks guys. I’ll give both of these a go. I have a bunch of PFE mods I can use but never thought of crafting improvised gear.

I also need to try a balanced skill and DPS build. I’m all one or the other at the moment.

I might try a survivalist build just to check out the crossbow. 🙂

• Noxious81
    382 posts

Oh if you ask me, there are hundreds of builds which are worth to be tested.

I personally like to promote the combination of three blue and 3 red core attributes, as they are really fun. A very flexible combination that works well with HF, with a "regular" damage build, with a build focussing more self-preservation (e. g. with Belstone, Deathgrips, Emperor's Guard).

Another build that I currently like to run is a Ridgeway's Pride build in two different versions. One version incorporates 4 pieces of Eclipse (including the backpack) and the other one rather goes for damage Brands like Sokolov with a Wicked-backpack. Both are 3-30 builds, yes, and both use an MPX with Sadist as primary weapon. Really great fun!

And I also have some builds built around the talent Braced and around increasing Weapon Handling. I have a Striker-build (3pcs) with Braced and the Bullet King (6-0-0). Great fun! Or Braced and The Railsplitter (6-0-0). Or Perfect Braced (Vedmedytsya Vest), the Contractor's Glove for getting even more Weapon Handling and the Pestilence (4-2-0, I incorporated 2pcs of Belstone for more survivability).

Or play around with hybrid builds, if you like. I also run a 2-3-1 build with the Capacitor and the Waveform, which offers me good survivability and armor regen, enough firepower, plus great skill support (drone/turret).

• Oatiecrumble
    300 posts

@Virtual-Chris

Not a solo build but have you considered a group play CC support build.....it's fun and funny and the group will love ya!!

My faves are:

Jammer Pulse (did someone turn of the electric)
    Banshee Pulse (sooooo gooood)
    Blinder Firefly (love the sound of this skill)
    Shock Trap (well funny)
    Riot Foam Chem Launcher ( ✊ 😬 😰 👻 😳 )

• BT3241
    86 posts

I use a skill build and I completely dominate on solo - no Armour no reds a tier 6 skill build. I would list it but it appears you would not be interested as almost all builds shown are shooter builds.

On survivalists I use the Madbomber for the massive diameter it gives the fire grenade shuts them down pretty quick.

• Virtual-Chris

@bt3241 I have an Eclipse Status Effects build that is full yellow and does insanely well with fire - it melts entire mobs. It’s so effective I don’t need a gun. The problem is, it gets boring. 😉

• BT3241
    86 posts

Mine never gets boring its not a stutus effect build I rely on my gun I use grenades for status effect. Yes I have tried that build but its not for me. I don't use any green gear anymore. But yes that is a powerful build.

• ONEMANARMY619
    2 posts

@virtual-chris Hardest Hitting build I have tested so far is......

All Red of course.

Weapon damage, Crit Chance and Crit Damage on everything all 3 mods are crit damage.
    Stats-
    Weapon Damage- 131,954
    PVP Weapon Damage- 52,728
    Critical Hit Chance- 47.4% Coyote's Mask will bring this up almost always to 57.4%
    Critical Hit Damage- 177.8%
    Headshot Damage- 75%
    Armor Damage- 8.0%
    Health Damage- 21.0%
    Assault Rifle Damage- 39.9%
    DMG to targets out of cover is 18% Fox Prayer knee pads and my assault rifle has 10%

Mask- Exotic Coyote's
    Chest- Ceska Vyroba - Glass Cannon
    Holster- Fenris
    Backpack- Grupo Vigilance
    Gloves- Contractor Make sure Crit damage
    Knee Pads- Fox's Prayer Make sure you roll Crit Damage

• Virtual-Chris

@onemanarmy619

That's close to my RED build where I use a rifle (with perfect Rifleman) and try to aim for headshots

• Providence Mask
    • Providence Chest (Perfect Glass Cannon)
    • Providence Backpack (Perfect Vigilance)
    • Grupo Holster
    • Ceska NBC Gloves
    • Fox's Prayer Knees

With that I get 50% CHC, 153% CHD, and 153% HDD

• tcarlisle2012
    120 posts

In my view, everyone that plays this game and finds it frustrating because of bullet sponge etc. really needs to try the hunters fury + crusader shield + memento + scorpio build. Well, at least or PvE. I can't say how it fares for PvP, and I'd guess it sucks.

When I put together this build, I shoot for 1M armor, and after that emphasize armor on kill. Because to really rock this build requires a playstyle that is hyper aggressive. You take a lot of damage rushing in, to be close enough for HF to take effect, so that you can hit them as they are clumped and as they drop in. The shield is helpful because sometimes you have to push through a lot.

But between the HF effects, and the scorpio effects, as soon as you get in and go on the offensive, you can nullify pretty much every NPC and just pick them off.

Of course, the presumes one is quite developed in SHD watch points, and has a strong understanding of enemy archetypes, weakpoints, etc.

But to put it into perspective, with this build most NPCs are down in 4 hits with the scorpio. The achetypes that are well armored will take more hits, but the scorpio will have delivered a status effect that renders them unable to shoot or move.

The memento backpack is a key component because it gives you that armor push and offensive push, and each kill drops a little power up. And since you are playing aggressive to be in range for HF to take effect, you also are close enough to pick up the power ups.

For me, I assemble the build with HF on gloves, knees, mask, and holster. Memento has to go on the backpack, so that leaves the chest for you to do what you want. I like to have unbreakable on that.

I also carry a revive hive, but it is rarely used. But knowing I have that card to play allows me to take more risks pushing forward and getting in close.

I used t play this game very differently, and this totally woe the game up for me. I used to play an AR/MMR build and play a stand-off type of playstyle.

• Virtual-Chris

@tcarlisle2012

Great write up.

In a recent thread where I asked about a good build to survive the DZ, this exact Hunters Fury build was suggested by a few others (maybe you were one of them?). I’ve since tried it out, and it is extremely effective. As with your build, I use it with Momento and Zero F’s (Perfectly Unbreakable). As per previous recommendations, I usually carry the shield and Technician hive to boost it.

It was a blast using it on the recent Guardian event.

I’ve also used it against a few boss levels like Wyvern (Tidal Basin) and it works really well. I almost think the level designers that have you running around an arena destroying things while simultaneously battling multiple adds had this build in mind.

Tonight I tried to take a hunter on Challenging… they are just too spongy, even against the Scorpio. I had got full stacks on the Momento before summoning him, ran up to him, but I couldn’t use the shield (jammed). I dumped two full mags into the hunter (almost depleting his Armor) and on the second reload he moved and returned fire and killed me with two shots. I can take them no problem on Hard or Normal with mostly red builds and the Scorpio and was hoping this build was up to it on Challenging, but I guess not. Maybe it’s just not the best against hunters?

Anyway, I’ve yet to test this in the DZ.

Tactically, I hate this build. It turns me into an arcade doom style run and gun player, which some of the game seems designed for, but I much prefer a more realistic tactical shooter build that uses cover and reduces sponge as much as possible. For me, this build is a reluctant but necessary piece of kit.

• Oatiecrumble
    300 posts

@Virtual-Chris

I take it you tried out that build i suggested, good ain't it, maybe a bit OP ......Perfectly Unbreakable goes so well with it.

I believe this was the piccy, the only thing that has changed since that picture is my SHD level and i swapped out the Dark Winter for the SIG MPX (feels much stronger)

💪

• DutchLMB4ever
    137 posts

@virtual-chris
    Sparta build (firewall)
    Hunters fury with adrenaline rush & intimidate.
    2 blue's, 4 red's.
    Ceskha and grupo/badger.
    Scorpio and UMP smg (or your favorite smg)
    And the firewall shield
    -----------------------------
    AR/Skill build (technician)
    1 Fenris, with crit chance & skill dmg.
    3 Empress International, crit chance & skill dmg.
    1 Wyvern, crit chance & skill dmg.
    1 Momento bag.

The chest talent (Glass Canon or Obliterate)
    I used obliterate for it because I use Glass Canon on almost all my other builds.
    And this was my relax build where I didnt get on 1 health with 3 hits the whole time.

Capacitor as main.
    Secondary (what you want, with Insync)
    Sawed off shotgun as last resort.

For me it was 115K weapon dmg with obliterate.
    (Your skills will melt anyway, but with Glass Canon you annihilate everything.)
    50% crit chance, crit dmg is only 90-100%
    And still 6 skill tiers.
    --------------------------
    Armor on Kill build (firewall)
    Shotgun/shield again.
    The mob as main weapon.
    Can't remember the pieces sorry, but it's gear with armor on Kill.
    --------------------------
    Mortar build (Demolitionist)
    1 China light (shock&awe)
    1 Wyvern (Glass Canon)
    3 Empress International
    1 waveform holster

Or

1 China light (shock&awe)
    1 Wyvern (Glass Canon)
    2 Hana-U
    2 grupo rolled to yellow (with at least skill dmg)
    Skill haste isn't a must here.
    I miss out on 2 skill haste attributes and my turret has a 10sec cooldown.

In my experience the first one is better.
    And 100% easier to farm.
    15% explosion dmg is less then 10% skill dmg.
    Basically, 3 Empress is better then 2 grupo and 2 hana-U.

• Virtual-Chris

@oatiecrumble

Exactly. It’s a very good build against bosses, arena battles or any mob. Hunters… not do much. 🙂

• Oatiecrumble
    300 posts

@Virtual-Chris

Riot Foam Chem Launcher
    Riot Foam Grenades
    Shock Trap

+ Scorpio

Deals with Hunters 👍

• N3mB0t
    296 posts

@dutchlmb4ever

that second build is almost indentical to my "turret/drone" build , only thing i have diferent is sombra instead of fenris , its what i consider to be my best hibrid , it rocks.

• N3mB0t
    296 posts

@dutchlmb4ever

also a question , why do you say 10% SD is more than 15% explosive? if used in a build with both explosive skills , seekers and mortar , is that still true?

• DutchLMB4ever
    137 posts

@n3mb0t the commander of my clan saw my 2 grupo build and wanted to copy it only he didn't had the grupos yet so he made it with empress.
    He did more damage.
    And I was like how the hell is he doing more damage while I have more explosive damage.
    So my only guess was
    15% explosive damage is just less then 10% SD
    First I thought that explosive dmg wasnt in glass Canon (which I still kinda think)
    But it could also be that 15% of trash is still trash.
    And 10% of something is at least something.
    If you know what I mean lol.

Suggested Topics