Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 760 posts

If I have 3 of a given exotic, is there any reason not to dismantle it?

I understand keeping a second one is a good practice if I ever want to reroll one… that way I have nothing to lose as my best rolled item remains unaffected.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    475 posts

Keeping two as described is the most important thing to keep in mind, I guess. I only kept three of one exotic if I planned to use it on all of my three endgame toons. But in case you're not planning to distribute exotics all over three or four characters, there's really no reason to hoard exotics.

Well ok – maybe if you're already maxed out with exotic components and you plan to spend some of them soon. Then of course you can keep more exotics to dismantle them after having used up your exotic components...

• TxDieselKid
    205 posts

If you're not going to use it on one of your 4 characters, I would deconstruct. I have destroyed countless exo's....

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 760 posts

Thanks guys. Just wanted to be sure.

• dagrommit
    785 posts

The only reason to hold onto extras is if you hit the cap of 20 exotic components, and want extras for re-rolling. It took more than a dozen re-rolls before I got a god-rolled Ridgeways Pride.

Suggested Topics