Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Adrian-11
    Original poster 717 posts

So, I did try PVP for a few days, with some weird results.

There are times when I go head to head with other players, I do damage, I take damage, I go down more than others, but I still get some kills.
    And then I run into players that put me down in one second, while they don't seem to register much damage (or any damage in some cases) even though I shoot them at point-blank. I'm baffled re. how they do so much damage while not taking much, it's like their both armor AND dps are maxed out.
    I tried several PVP builds, balanced, tank, System's Corruption, etc. No visible difference in the outcome.

What the F am I missing?!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sock_Monkey
    303 posts

@adrian-11 An aimbot.

I don't care what others say, and I've stopped asking the players in the DZ because they always deny it, but any time someone instantly destroys me like you're describing I always take the time to review their build before I re-spawn. 99 times out of 100 their damage/CHC/CHD/armor combo is not one whit better than mine. The specifics may vary a few percent one way or the other (a tad less armor and a tad more damage, or vice versa), but no "10x the damage" or anything significant enough to explain such a lopsided victory. This makes sense as my DZ load out is quite well put together, is fully optimized and is a good combo of damage and armor.

The only explanation I have is that while I aim for the head and land a fair amount of head shots, they are landing 100% head shots. Unless there's a cheat that registers 10x the damage without showing on their stats, a 100% head shot rate is the only other method that would legitimately down you that fast. And they can shout "git gud" all they want but no one is going to hit every shot in the head without an aimbot.

P.S. I actually went against one guy that had almost the exact same build as me. Every piece was the same and rolled the same - only his gun was different. He didn't dance around but face-tanked me and downed me in less than half a second - from full health.

No way there's an alternative explanation, and it's pretty rampant, so you just accept it and move on. Every now and then (less than 5%) I'll go against a player that is straight up, and sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but it's never such a ridiculous, one-side domination like that.

• LateNiteDelight
    515 posts

Could also be lag.

It's why I slowly stopped playing PUBG - I'd full mag a vector into the back of a prone enemy, then get one shot - like my bullets didn't count. Replay would show I got off one or two shots, as they turned and popped me.

Sometimes that is poor netcode, sometimes it's matchmaking that favors assembling people faster rather than similar ping, sometimes it's a clown with a lag switch.

Granted, with the amount of cheaters out there, an aim bot is never out of the question. Then again, some folks are just better than others.

This is why I just go in the DZ to farm Landmarks and DZ resources most of the time. If some named Item drops better than I already have, then I pucker up and sweat through an extract [or call in some friends for help if they're online].

Has me wondering how a "poison pill" build would work - Pesti + [3]Strikers - to see if you can build enough stacks to finish them even if they win the initial fight.

• Adrian-11

@sock_monkey

This is why I'm asking, I have similar observations and trying to figure out what the "secret knowledge" is... If it's an aimbot, oh, well... I will move on.
    Perfectly Unbreakable (also tried Tardigrade, I thought Unbreakable was not triggering properly), protector drone, lots of armor, and System's Corruption (with backpack) that pushes the total armor over 2.5M for 5 seconds... and still down in less than 1 second.

• Adrian-11

@latenitedelight

If there is lag, it has to be on the server-side, but what I describe seems to be specific to certain players, not DZ or session. I see other players suffering the same fate at the same hands.
    My connection is very good (I won't brag about it with numbers).

• Virtual-Chris
    671 posts

Aren’t there a ton of cheats for this game? (A Google search seems to indicate there is). From what I’ve read, the ACE used in this game is terrible.

• TxDieselKid
    162 posts

Several times you mentioned System Corruption, stop, that gear set is out dated and under powered compared to Hunters Furry and other HE/PvP builds. I LOVE the concept of SC, and I wish they would buff it accordingly, but it's SEVERALLY lacking these days.

Currently more than anything else, I'm seeing a super high crit build with Foxes and Contractors and a LD. My version of this is 60%/203% CHC/CHD with a Coyote that pushes it close to 225% CHD in most fights. I'm running it with 3 blues total, and of course Addy Rush/Intimidate is pretty much a must in 90% of PvP builds. I do run the Vector over the LD, but LD is stronger for most, especially on PC where there is no controller aim. Use Firewall, and use the special Firewall shield for that extra 16% damage (with the mods in the shield).

• Sock_Monkey
    303 posts

@latenitedelight A lag switch or UDP flooding might also explain it, but like Adrian I have an excellent connection so I know it's not unintentional lag. This I am certain of.

There are some cases where I can buy the "some folks are better than others" but this would play out in an actual encounter by someone who is dancing around me while getting shots off - and granted that has happened a couple times. Those don't bother me in the least because being near 60, if it's a 14-y/o at the other end I accept that there's no way my hand/eye coordination can match his and I'll just lose. No biggie, it's just a game so I also move on.

But in the cases I am suspicious about, and I suspect Adrian is referring to as well, the guy just face-tanks you. So if you and another player have near-identical builds, you face-tank each other and he rips through your shield and armor in under a second while you barely took a few bars off his shield, there's no reasonable explanation of any kind other than a cheat. Maybe aimbot. Maybe lag switch. Maybe something else, but I don't buy it's legit.

P.S. As far as the "poison pill" build: isn't their a counter to the Pestilence ticks, like an armor kit or something?

• Sock_Monkey
    303 posts
    Several times you mentioned System Corruption. stop.

I agree with that. I stopped using mine as is it's just too weak and ineffective with a 5-sec buff.

P.S. Which gun is the "LD" again?

• Virtual-Chris
    671 posts

@txdieselkid

Can you share your build details? I’m trying to get a build or two together for DZ survival.

• Sock_Monkey
    303 posts

@virtual-chris Who are you asking?

• Adrian-11

@txdieselkid @Sock_Monkey

I mentioned the SC as an experiment after I tried what is advertised as PVP DPS meta and tank, with several variations, including more or less what you described.
    I know SC is lacking, I used it only to see if I can last more than one second with that double armor buff.
    And yes, I am using the firewall shield.

• Virtual-Chris
    671 posts

@sock_monkey I'm asking @txdieselkid about his build with foxes and contractors. He sorta mentions some of it, but I'd like to know the full deal. 🙂

• LateNiteDelight
    515 posts

@sock_monkey there was a trick with the Firewall Spec + Efficient back when "the Plague Doctor" was the Meta build. Most people seemed to have moved to the Intimidate + AdRush + Lady Death Meta since then.

If you're facetanking, unless they used a armor kit right before the fight, I wonder if a ROF boosted Pestilence could burn them low enough, that the dots could finish them before they could get through the healing animation. I've never tried, was just a thought that popped into my head.

• LateNiteDelight
    515 posts

@virtual-chris Max Crit Contractor/Fox SMG, usually involves:

Coyote's, [2]Sokolov, Grupo, Contractor's, Fox's

Lady Death is an Exotic SMG that drops from roaming Named Enemies in NYC - you build WD stacks while running, then get a speed boost on kill [+500% Melee too].

• Adrian-11

@virtual-chris I will take a stab at it, and @TxDieselKid can correct it when he's around...

• Coyote's Mask
    • Fox Knees
    • Contractor's gloves

I assume the other 3 pieces could be Sokolov + Ceska + Grupo, rolled to blue cores. Or 2*Sokolov + Grupo, as suggested above...

• Chest with Intimidate
    • Backpack with A-Rush

Vector with Optimist, and/or Lady Death (LD)
    Firewall spec for the shield bonus.

Speaking of builds, just watched a video with a guy sporting something that seemed centered on headshots and headshot damage.
    Famas with Insync fully moded for accuracy and stability, Coyote's, Unbreakable, 4 pieces Bulwark blue... and the curious part was the Concussion backpack?! I thought that per-hit damage increase works only for snipers, but this guy was clearly using a Famas and the damage increase seemed to proc anyway for every hit, not just the kills. Maybe I'm getting Concussion wrong?

• Adrian-11
    Has me wondering how a "poison pill" build would work - Pesti + [3]Strikers - to see if you can build enough stacks to finish them even if they win the initial fight.

Hmm, what happens if they put the shield up? Do the "plague" procs for shield hits? If not, that is a damage slow start, or go for the headshot which is a challenge for Pesti.
    Also, it does not work with a shield, so you may be down way before them.

• LateNiteDelight
    515 posts

@adrian-11 I use it with a Railsplitter on a build, also works well with Rifles. You just get a longer boost from MMRs [to compensate for bolt actions, I assume]. I've been chewing on a similar idea using a Fal with Ranger [and Spotter], but haven't had much gaming time of late. Hard to compete with the boost of In-Sync though, or the bDPS of the Famas if aiming for PvP engagements.

Not a bad idea - though there are ways to get similar enough boosts to Bulwark, allowing for more attribute slots. Granted, I won't IH, so I don't have the Chest + Backpack which can tip the scale theoretically.

No idea on Pesti vs shields - but I don't find headshots too difficult with LMGs on PC.

• TxDieselKid
    162 posts

A few things asked/mentioned in this thread...

1. There is NO counter to the Pesti tick.
    2. "if you can build enough stacks to finish them even if they win the initial fight." - Yes, but don't need Strikers.
    3. LD = Lady Death
    4. The build I mentioned:
    • Coyote Mask w/CHD mod
    • Sokolov Vest w/CHD mod and Intimidate (CHC/CHD rolls)
    • Sokolov Holster (CHC/CHD rolls)
    • Grupo Bag w/CHD mod and Addy Rush (CHC/CHD rolls)
    • Contractors w/DTA (CHD roll)
    • Foxes w/DTTOOC and CHD (CHD roll)
    • Skills are Firewall Shield and Jammer Pulse
    • Vector with all CHD attachment mods (but LD is probably stronger).

• TxDieselKid
    162 posts

There's a very well known conflict player on XB, whose gamertag is Roscoe P. Coleslaw and his favorite build is an all red build with Glass Canon and the Pesti. Just sits back and lets his teammates facetank, while he drills the opponents with Pesti ticks.

Suggested Topics