Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Adrian-11
    Original poster 686 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • RaciaIAdhesive-
    57 posts

@adrian-11 From my experience, most of not all players in run into in the DZ are running the same exact builds. Shield, Famas, In-sync, DMG to Target of of Cover. Players can pop their shield and instantly get 15% weapon damage and that's not included the DMG of of cover buffs. A broken build if you ask me in comparison to how other skills work in the game.

The build deals a lot of damage while having a lot of armor too. Hope to see it changed in the next big update.

• Sock_Monkey
    282 posts

I'll probably be poo-poo'd for necroing an older thread, but I thought about this specific one right here this evening.

I was in the DZ and a guy ran up, turned rogue and face tanked me and *poof* it was the insta-melt thing. I reacted plenty quick but barely took a few bars off his armor.

As I usually do when that happens, while dead I reviewed his build, and whaddya know: his load out was literally identical to mine. I don't know if he saw me in the past and copied me or it was sheer randomness, but piece-for-piece and stat-for-stat he was identical to me, with ONE exception: he had a different SMG that had lower DPS rating (but not by much).

So no chicken dancing. No "gud" skills or outmaneuvering me. We face-tanked (responding in kind was all I had time for) and he probably did 5x (or more) the damage I did.

Hmm, I'll let you decide what's going on there...

• Adrian-11

@sock_monkey

I gave up on this topic... I took my build to the extreme, FB all blue, Unbreakable, Defender Drone, Firewall shield with all the extra mods... didn't make any difference with the insta-melt guys, down within the second... while my max rolled Famas with InSync felt like a BB gun.
    Even without the aimbots, hacks, door gankers and back shooting, the PVP degenerates in those situations when everybody runs in tight circles doing the chicken dance, and that's just not fun at all for me.
    Reached your conclusion, Landmarks for the field recon (or whatever that is) and that's pretty much it for the DZ these days.

• Sock_Monkey
    282 posts

@adrian-11 Yeah, you're no doubt correct. And it's almost always the same dozen or so names that see there in one DZ or another every time I am in there.

When they PvP among themselves I see deaths, so I don't think anyone is running "god" cheats. I am just certain beyond any shadow of a doubt the insta-melt guys are running aimbots. It perfectly explains the issue; the rogue last night I am referring to ran up and we both popped shields, but while I was barely starting to wear down his shield he was landing 100% headshots on me, so near-instant death.

I'll still go in and do landmarks for the mats - you can just level up too fast in the DZ to stay out. And being a game I don't get mad or frustrated, I just move right away to another DZ.

It just disappoints me - a lot - that Ubi/Massive/Red Storm seems unable or unwilling to do anything about this.

• LateNiteDelight
    447 posts

Yannick did tease changes coming that would effect the DZ 👨‍🎤

After reading about the Shrapnel Trap griping.. anyone ever tested the suicide bomber option in the DZ [double tap deploy]?

• Sock_Monkey
    282 posts

@latenitedelight Where was this (the tease)?

• Adrian-11

@sock_monkey

If I would be running cheats, I would use only the headshot aimbot, as the least (but still) obvious cheat 😁
    But, I don't see the point in that, or ever willing to pay $50+ / month and encourage such "industry".
    Moving to another DZ or out is the best strategy to deal with the whole range of sad sacks.

• Sock_Monkey
    282 posts

@adrian-11 Totally agree - on all counts. And that's what I do now.

It's a shame because when you come across a legit player PvP in the DZ can be fun. I outlined an encounter I had the other day with @RaciaIAdhesive and that was enjoyable. It's the other schmucks that leverage their ego on a video game that ruin it (that part of it, at least) for the rest of us.

• TxDieselKid
    149 posts

@latenitedelight He sort of did though.... "With the next major update, there are changes we're making for the entire game that will have a direct impact on PvP."...

Please for the love of God, please do not get rid of PvP in Div 2 in an effort to push us to Heartland.

• ModalThread611
    96 posts

@virtual-chris He is a terrible example for pvp.

• ModalThread611
    96 posts

@adrian-11 Desync is so bad in this game. Laggy is an understatement the division. They have pushed away so much of the pvp player base We now always have so many mixed countries in the same server and with them comes gigantic lag. The same players you see do you know where they are from? Also what platform are you on? I know for a fact man use VPN's, ask friend to get them into servers that are not ones they can normally get into daily. I really feel like on console it has to be the same 200 people that pvp. It is really bad. This is the worst pvp this game has ever seen. Back to what you are saying. When I see players that I know are from other countries, I am always taking giant burst damage, shot through walls and around corners. It is an online game with terrible servers. There is the cronus zen which no one seems to care about or do anything about. It can add more aim assist. Yet there are many players that are just very good with headshots. Mouse and keyboard is all over console. As with cronus zen.

• Adrian-11

@modalthread611

I'm on PC, so I shouldn't have any aiming disadvantages. Perhaps my aim just sucks.
    I heard about this so-called lag-switching, or whatever the term is... have no clue what it is or what it does, something about the server registering all shots are headshot when the connection loses packets, or delayed packets...
    Anyway, not interested, as someone said on this forum, this game is not your life and it's not your wife. Who puts time and effort into such things, perhaps should get a life (maybe a wife too).

• Virtual-Chris
    618 posts

I spent a couple hours in DZ South this evening and didn’t encounter anyone. I would have thought I had the whole DZ to myself if it wasn’t for the occasional extraction being called by someone else. I did a number of Landmarks and did two extractions. Got my first piece of Yaal gear. I’m actually hoping I run into some legit rogues sometime to see how my Hunters Fury build holds up.

• Adrian-11

@virtual-chris

If you are on Pacific time and play later in the evening, you probably can get a few good hours of quiet farming.
    On EST evenings, DZs are still hot, especially the invaded one.

• Sock_Monkey
    282 posts

@adrian-11 It's sort of a "crap shoot." There's been times it was hot, then I moved to another DZ and that one was dead. Or, it was hopping, but almost all friendlies who were also farming.

Hard to really say when a good time is. Give it a shot, if all three are loaded with players looking for easy kills, log out and come back an hour later. Or another day, etc.

• The_HUN_68
    1 posts

s-Skins-S the best player.......and there are lot of similar players in DZ
    over 10 million damage
    they are so good or something else is in the background?

• Sock_Monkey
    282 posts

@the_hun_68 Was it a sniper rifle? Do you recall what he hit you with?

• Sock_Monkey
    282 posts

Thought of this thread again: went against my better judgement and went into the DZ again. It was mostly dead so kinda fun, but get this: a guy with SHD 187 (I have 2042) did the insta-melt thing. I inspected him and he had 1/3 my armor and less than half my damage, face tanked me and it's like I was vaporized. *poof*

C'mon guys, can you at least make and effort to not be so obvious you're cheating? LOL!

On the positive side: three landmarks and three Pestis dropped? WTH? I have to stop picking these up as my entire inventory will be full of Pestilence and Chameleon.

• Virtual-Chris
    618 posts

@sock_monkey

LOL. Why do these cheaters bother though?… would it be at all interesting or fun to run around vaporizing players that aren’t even able to put up a fight? The whole point of PvP in my mind is to see how you measure up to other real thinking human beings. If you want to vaporize enemies… play open world on Normal difficulty or Golden Bullet 😛

But as I said before, a quick search reveals no end of cheats for this game. 😔

Suggested Topics