Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Niknoknor
    Original poster 4 posts

I have been experiencing issues with launching the game for a while now. When I try to launch the game it severely slows down my PC and doesn't launch the game as it either stays on the loading screen or the splash screen infinitely.
    Sometimes I have been able to boot the game but would find that an hour or two later the game would crash and I would be back to the launching issue.
    I have tried reinstalling, launching both ubisoft connect and Valhalla as an admin, deleting the documents folder of Valhalla before launching, disconnecting my 2nd monitor, and my GPU adapter is up to date and so is my windows installation and the game is installed on my 😄 drive, same as the Ubisoft app. All of these have still not fixed the issue
    Also now sometimes the game doesn't do anything but run in the background of my computer and slowing it down severely. I have no clue what to do and have already tried everything on the FAQ boards and this still doesn't help.
    Please can i have some help, I have been trying to fix this issue for a very long time and the site wont let me chat to the support team, thank you in advance.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1575 posts

Hello @niknoknor,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to start your game.

Can you please provide us with more details i.e. your full PC specs, what exact troubleshooting steps from our article (and which article) did you perform, and what are your current GPU drivers and your OS version?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • Niknoknor
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-mark
    PC - Specs
    OS - Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Memory: 16GB
    CPU - Intel i7-7800x 3.5Gz (not OC)
    GPU - Nvidia MSI RTX 3070 8GB
    Graphic Driver : Geforce Game Ready Driver Version: 471.68
    Trouble-Shooting
    Followed all steps on following article.
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-au/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/troubleshooting-technical-issues-on-pc/000061047
    Still didnt work so i also found some more player made articles that experienced similar issues so i folled their instructions, such as installing the game and ubisoft app on the 😄 drive, reinstalling the game and deleting the 'Assassin's Creed: Vallhalla' folder in 'documents'. I thought that the document one worked but after an hour or two of playing the game it crashed and stopped working again. Now im back to square one on this issue now unfortunately.
    Thank you for responding.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 413 posts

Hey @niknoknor

Thank you for your update and providing all the details you have.

Sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps you have followed have not helped.

In your case it would be really beneficial to take a look at your DxDiag and MsInfo files.

You can share these with us by opening a new case and we will be able to then take a detailed look to troubleshoot the cause

Many thanks

Official Response
  • Niknoknor
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck
    I have tried several times to open a case but the website says it is unavailable.
    Thanks

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 413 posts

Hey @niknoknor,

Thank you for your update, we can also be contacted directly using Facebook and Twitter

Any trouble just let us know

Official Response
  • Niknoknor
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck
    Thank you very much for the help, I have now DM'ed the twitter account and hopefully should get some help sometime soon.
    Thank you very much for the help and am sorry for any inconvenience.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1845 posts

@niknoknor You're welcome, and there is no need to apologise, we are here to help 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics