ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xcel30
    Original poster 835 posts

Optimal range feels like an odd stat for me, since the number of guns where players really start feeling affected by it appears to be a very small number, mostly Shotguns, SMGs and Pistols. So has anyone ever been able to make an interesting build where this stat can shine?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@xcel30

Hmm, interesting question, something to try...
    I'm thinking ACOG scope and Ranger talent, and other mods for accuracy and stability. Thinking a good AR like Carbine 7.

Kind of stumped on the gear build tho...

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

What about using an ACOG on an LMG to improve reach? Would that make sense?

• xcel30

@virtual-chris I mean do LMGs lose that much damage for you want to compensate it? they are probably my least played primary weapons so while i never felt that much lacking it was mostly due they compesating with magazine size

• echolecter
    310 posts

I use Optimal Range scope on all my ARs and riffles, never on SMG because with those I prefer close combat. Marksman riffles best used with magnification and as for LMGs, I rarely use them except the Bullet King for taking out aerial drones. From my experience it feels like you actually hit where you aim at greater distances, most noticeable when landing head shots with M1A. I'd even go as far to say that when not aimed spot on you still hit the target and apply damage.

But for me there are a lot of things that don't add up in this game, best example is critical hits chance or damage. I also don't really understand why they use the bullet drop mechanic in this game when you can't see enemies that are further away, not even when you're using the larger scopes. It's not like in GR:WL for example where you can actually hit and see them with sniper riffles at distances over 500 meters.

• xcel30

@echolecter Correct me if i am wrong, but doesn't optimal range only affect damage and not accuracy?

• badkarmacreepin
    36 posts

@xcel30 it effects the point your weapon's effective range starts to drop off (less damage the farther out the target is past this point - you can see the exact # on the Stats tab). For example, out of the box my G36 Enhanced starts tapering at 32m. With Optimal Range mods on the scope and muzzle, it doesn't start tapering until 42m. And with the Ranger talent I'm using, the weapon's damage tapering is offset by the talent's multiplicative damage increase the farther you are away, so it hits for the same damage at ~40m as it does at 60m, and 80-90m is amazing to watch. Great for both PvE & PvP, and also sneaking around the DZs and smoking face-tanking, shield-using dipsh1ts with LDs. If you can't drop them by the time they're at 40-45m and closing in on you (whilst chicken-dancing) - drop a decoy, turn & run like the wind.

Go 6 red, use Coyotes for +25% chc at targets >25m to be at 59% chc, use the no longer needed chc slots for more chd, and enjoy the long distance carnage. For extra accuracy & stability, I use Sharpshooter spec & Braced on the chest.

You've never heard a meta-build rogue whine harder than after being dropped by someone using Braced.

Suggested Topics