ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 5 Likes/256 Replies/18516 Views
    xrayspex_73
    167 posts

@ubi-milky

1. Yes. My computer is listed under trusted devices in account management.
    2. See above.
    3. Yes. i disabled 2FA because I was sick of entering the code everyday (sometimes multiple times in a day). My email is literally filled with hundreds of emails with authentication codes to a point of ridiculousness. I don't plan on re-enabling 2FA until you guys fix this. I will deal with the nagging to enable 2FA in you client until this is fixed (if ever).
  • Bradleykins19
    1 posts

Still bust, i for the past 6 months have been having to log in every day, and do 2FA and "trust" this device so many times, it seems like the launcher is now barely functional;.

Like every Ubisoft game thats released. And from the amount of crashes i get in valhalla, i suppose i should assume its going to stay this way forever, whilst you add more money making aspects instead of fixing it.

😞

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2730 posts

Hey all,

If you are encountering the issue again with it asking for your 2FA code on login to a trusted device every time again, please follow these steps:

1. Disable your computer as a trusted device from your account settings on the site here.
    2. Log out of the site and back in.
    3. Re-add it as a trusted device.
    4. Log in your Ubisoft Connect PC client
    5. Open menu > Log Out
    6. Launch client again and enter your login e-mail in lowercase + password. Check remember me box.
    7. Enter 2FA
    8. Exit client and launch it again to test if solved. Please be aware if you click to log out, this will not remember your details. It only remembers details if you just close Ubisoft Connect.

If you still have an issue, please respond to the following questions in this format so we can forward this information to the Ubisoft Connect team:

How long was it since your last session using Ubisoft Connect?
    e.g. 12 hours

Did you click to log out of Ubisoft Connect on your last session?
    Yes / No

Did you close Ubisoft Connect / shut down the computer without clicking to log out on your last session?
    Yes / No

Did you turn the computer off after your last session?
    Yes / No

Are you on a PC or laptop?
    PC / Laptop

Can you provide these specs found on your DX Diag (start menu > run > type “dxdiag”)?
    Operating System and Build number:
    Processor:
    Memory: 

Official Response
  • Astral5896
    1 posts

Greetings.

I have a problem with Ubisoft Connect Launcher.
    It keeps logging me out due to inactivity, but i would like to stay online all the time.
    And whenever it logs me out, i have to enter my e-mail and password again, and also do the 2-step verification.
    I checked the 'remember me' option, but it doesn't work.

What can we do about it please?
    How can i stay logged in all the time without being kicked for inactivity?
    Why is the 'remember me' option not remembering my credentials?

Thank you in advance.

• VolveAlMenuBobo
    20 posts

@ubi-froggard this only works for a few day. Then it's back to asking for authentication. what a [censored] joke this app this. can't you get new coders?

• Jimbo.Actual
    1 posts

@astral5896 I am having the same issue. Apparently this issue has been going on for years (check earlier threads) and has remained unresolved.

Ubisoft Support: An Oxymoron

• Amo52Oezy
    2 posts

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

Die FPS Anzeige des Ubisoft-launchers funktioniert nicht! Benötige die FPS-Anzeige, bitte um Hilfe.
    Bitte um eine Rückmeldung, vielen Dank.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

• trgzbaby
    1 posts

@ubi-milky So it's Feb 2022 and this several-year-old problem is still going on - hasn't this been an issue since as far back as least as 2016? It seem that everytime the damn client updates itself then it forgets the machine. And still we get fobbed off with lame support.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hello there!

Apologies for our delayed response to this forum post. Sorry to hear about the issues you're seeing logging in/staying logged in to Ubisoft Connect.

In regards to be logged out due to inactivity, typically this happens when Ubisoft Connect communicates with the hibernation settings on your PC. Would you be able to tell us what hibernation settings you're currently using? How often are you seeing this logout happen? Would you happen to know roughly how long it takes to be logged out of Ubisoft Connect?

There has been an update released to resolve the issue with the 'remember me' box not functioning as intended. Would you be able to ensure you have the most recent version of Ubisoft Connect installed? Following this, we'd recommend logging out and logging back in to the launcher, to test this feature. If the issue remains, please be in touch and we'll take a closer look into the matter for you!

Many thanks.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hi there @Amo52Oezy

Thanks for getting in contact, however our team are only able to offer support on these forums in English at this time, apologies for this.

If you'd prefer to receive support in another language, you're welcome to create a support case on our website -  https://www.ubisoft.com/help

Alternatively, if you'd like to translate your query we'd be happy to assist you here. You can also access support in your preferred language in the German language forums here.

In regards to those who still happen to be experiencing this issue with the 'remember me' Ubisoft Connect function, please would you be able to answer the questions provided in @Ubi-Froggard 's post, so that we can forward the details on to the team?

e.g. 12 hours

Yes / No

Did you close Ubisoft Connect / shut down the computer without clicking to log out on your last session?
    Yes / No

Yes / No

PC / Laptop

Can you provide these specs found on your DX Diag (start menu > run > type “dxdiag”)?
    Operating System and Build number:
    Processor:
    Memory: 

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • GFU_Useless
    1 posts

I have same problem here. But I find out this. If I am starting uplay directly there is no problem with 2FA. But If I will start uplay via steam - because of some game - and then I will restart uplay or whole pc (not loged off - just quit) I am instantly asked for 2FA no matter what. Soooo maybe it's steam what makes this so painful 😄 If I turn uplay directly before starting game from steam there is absolutely no problem afterwards - in my case.

PS: Please don't be harsh on me. Just my humble opinion.

• KAEFR
    7 posts

@ubi-dino I'm logged in but still asked for 2FA every time Connect starts. I logged in here and I am asked for 2FA. I make certain that the device is "trusted" each and every time. I only log in on the website and my pc. ......insert old quip about how awful ubisoft systems are and how they really don't seem to care about anything but hype and sales.

• KAEFR
    7 posts

@ubi-nacho here ya go

e.g. 12 hours

Yes / No

Yes / No

Yes / No

PC / Laptop

No because it's your problem that you are paid to fix, it's not user error, and I don't work for you

• CitizenNowhere
    38 posts

Ubi-Froggard's steps doesn't help at all. Ubisoft Connect keeps asking me authenticator code over and over this whole week. And I have the latest version of Ubisoft Connect. Even try to launch just Ubisoft Connect, it still keeps asking me.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there everyone, thank you all for taking the time to discuss this topic further.

@Bradleykins19, @trgzbaby, @GFU_Useless, @KAEFR and @CitizenNowhere  - I have gone ahead and created a support ticket for each of you. This will allow our support team to look further into what might be causing the problem. Could you please check your email inbox for the ticket number and for some steps to help us with our investigation?

@GFU_Useless - thanks for sharing those details, I appreciate the information and I will forward it to our team.

@KAEFR - Thank you for taking the time to answer those questions. It is important to gather these details, specs and files because every system and experience is unique. Capturing this information is very helpful for further investigation and testing by the dedicated teams.

If anyone else also comes across this thread experiencing the same issues, can you please also follow these steps and create a case for us through the Support Website? The more reports we can gather, the better it will assist us with our investigations.

In the meantime, if anyone has any questions or runs into any other issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out! 🙂

• MrUltimateX
    1 posts

@ubi-nacho Hi I'd like to revive this post. I've been facing this issue since the Uplay days. It's frankly VERY annoying. I was hoping connect would resolve the issue but it has it. Seems like it just a rebranded Uplay. As far as I can tell, I have the latest version installed. Please let me know how I can check the version or look for any updates. I'm on Windows 11. I have trusted the device and it shows up in my account as a trusted device yet every few days I'm logged out. Seems like Connect has issues when I wake my computer up from sleep. It does better when I manually close connect before sleeping my PC.

• ZooperMaX
    1 posts

@mrultimatex I have given up on the fact that Ubisoft ever fixes the login issue so I have used Autohotkey to insert my credentials in forms to log in to any [censored].
    The script is simple :

:*:.uplay::
    send email@server.com
    sleep 50
    send {tab}
    sleep 50
    send code
    return

So whenever a login form appears I just type ".uplay"

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @MrUltimateX & @ZooperMaX! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with staying logged into Ubisoft Connect, and the "Remember Me" function working as expected. Thank you for sharing your reports with us.

First, we would recommend that you ensure you have the most up-to-date version of Ubisoft Connect installed on your PC. The best way to check this is to fully reinstall Ubisoft Connect from our website, as this will ensure that you have the most recent version installed.

Once you have reinstalled Ubisoft Connect, please ensure that you open the launcher with Admin rights. Once you have opened the Ubisoft Connect launcher, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Open menu > Log Out
    • Launch Ubisoft Connect client again and enter your login e-mail in lowercase, then input your password.
    • Check "Remember Me" box.
    • Enter two-step verification code (if you have this set up)
    • Exit the client and launch it again. You should automatically login without a prompt.

Please note that when you are logged in to the client, clicking "Log Out" will wipe the login details to allow for the next account to log in.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • VolveAlMenuBobo
    20 posts

This POS software is broken and there's no guide that will fix it permanently no matter how many times this CM keeps asking the same questions and repeating the same steps. There is no fix on the user end.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@volvealmenubobo Thank you for your reply. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way.

We are happy to pass your feedback on to the Ubisoft Connect team.

If you wish to continue support please let us know.

Thank you.

Suggested Topics