Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 653 posts

I’ve kept one of every type of gear from each gear set in my stash, but it’s time to clean house and donate some gear sets to good-will.

I have builds using Eclipse, Hunters Fury, and Negotiators Dilemma. I could see trying System Corruption for PvP at some point. The rest either don’t seem that useful, or are not a play style I’m interested in.

Before I dismantle the rest, is there any gear set I should consider holding onto? (Of course, I could always farm it again later).

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Oatiecrumble
    300 posts

Ones i keep are:

• Hard Wired
    • True Patriot
    • Negotiator's Dilemma
    • Foundry Bullwark
    • Eclipse Protocol (soon to be binned)
    • Hunter's Fury

Rest go to the vendor or dismantle.

• BT3241
    86 posts

A lot of the green gear can be crafted and optimized if it only has one stat so I don't keep any of them with one stat I can make a set when ever I want with God rolls after optimization. If it has two stats and I want that gears set I store it.

• LateNiteDelight
    475 posts

@virtual-chris I like Tip of the Spear, Striker's Battlegear, and True Patriot too.

I typically just use Striker as a 3 piece for the ROF. TipS is great for all those Spec Kill challenges, and I also have a Skill version for Legendary [replenishing Crossbows are super helpful for the juiced up Chunga, plus Dogs]. True Patriot is a group build, but I also just like the fireworks..

• xcel30
    346 posts

While i think that "useless" is a bit of a harsh word for gear sets, i would argue that striker, aces & eights, and ongoing directives are the ones you really shouldn't care much about, i was also going to originally say system corruption but then if you ever wanted to experiment on them it would be a pain to grind so i would keep it around. Despite what most people say i do think that Tip of the Spear is very much worth keeping, and while not my cup of tea all the skill gear sets are good now, even the healer ones

• Virtual-Chris
    Ones i keep are:

• Hard Wired
    • True Patriot
    • Negotiator's Dilemma
    • Foundry Bullwark
    • Hunter's Fury

What do you use hard wired and foundry bulwark for?

Why bin Eclipse? That is the basis for my most potent (but boring) fire starter build.

• Virtual-Chris
    While i think that "useless" is a bit of a harsh word for gear sets, i would argue that striker, aces & eights, and ongoing directives are the ones you really shouldn't care much about, i was also going to originally say system corruption but then if you ever wanted to experiment on them it would be a pain to grind so i would keep it around. Despite what most people say i do think that Tip of the Spear is very much worth keeping, and while not my cup of tea all the skill gear sets are good now, even the healer ones

Yeah, useless is probably a bit harsh, but I was trying to keep it succinct and clear. Maybe which gear sets am I least likely to use as a solo player?

What can I do with Tip of the Spear?

I don’t see myself using a skill focused build. I’m here for the shooting. 🙂

• Virtual-Chris
    @virtual-chris I like Tip of the Spear, Striker's Battlegear, and True Patriot too.

I typically just use Striker as a 3 piece for the ROF. TipS is great for all those Spec Kill challenges, and I also have a Skill version for Legendary [replenishing Crossbows are super helpful for the juiced up Chunga, plus Dogs]. True Patriot is a group build, but I also just like the fireworks..

Thanks. Can you elaborate on a Tip of the Spear build? What do you mean by Spec Kill challenges?

How about Striker… how/when would I use that?

• Virtual-Chris

@bt3241 Very god point. I need to see which blueprints I have.

• xcel30
    346 posts

Tip of the spear is very direct Gear set: use the gear set ==>get more signature weapon ammo ==> use signature gun ==> get damage buff for 1min ==> restart when buff goes away. You can use as an weird generic damage build that doesn't focus on crits, it will be somewhat weaker than a min-maxed crit build but overall damage isn't that bad all, you can use if you want to play around with signature weapon more often since many people don't even taken them out of their backs.

My two fun builds with it are: TP sniper build that uses TAC-50 instead of nemesis to deal heavy damage and one shot elites, SVD for quick follow up headshots at mobs or veterans, and Big horn exotic if as enemies in between sniping ranges, just foccusing on headshot damage and being able to have what are pretty much 3 snipers and 1 AR at all times is pretty fun and versatile.

Second is a Pistol TP, you can probably have fun using the flamethrower with the shield to get the damage bonus and enjoy the more ammo from the set, and then i switch to Liberty exotic pistol afterwards to heal my shield and pop 1mil headshots

• Oatiecrumble
    300 posts
    Ones i keep are:

• Hard Wired
    • True Patriot
    • Negotiator's Dilemma
    • Foundry Bullwark
    • Hunter's Fury

What do you use hard wired and foundry bulwark for?

Why bin Eclipse? That is the basis for my most potent (but boring) fire starter build.

I have a old seeker mine build and having 4pcs of Hard Wired gives:

"Talent: Feedback Loop: Whenever you use or cancel a skill, your other skill's cooldown is automatically reduced by 30 seconds and increases total skill damage and repair by 10% for 20 seconds. This can occur at most once per 20 seconds."

Don't really use it anymore, seeker mines seem to either have a mind of their own or just simply don't work all the time.

Foundry is something i'm looking to work on at a later date.

Eclipse bores me, never really liked status/damage effect builds.

• fs_slacker
    22 posts

@xcel30 I assume when you say TP, you mean Tip of the Spear. I'm trying to rationalize your comments with True Patriot and I'm scratching my head still.

• LateNiteDelight
    475 posts

@virtual-chris There will be challenges that require you get X kills with a Specialization Weapon. TipS generates Specialization Weapon Ammo every 60 seconds. Plus, you get a big WD boost after damaging an enemy with a Specialization Weapon.

Striker's: I focus on Headshot & Weapon Handling - it's just fun to have +15% ROF sometimes [or just wait for those specific Global Events]. I keep meaning to try the 4 piece, but it's always seemed mediocre.

• xcel30
    346 posts

@fs_slacker Oh yes, someone just mentioned true patriot and my brain auto filled in with TP instead of Tip of the Spear, my bad

Suggested Topics