ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• T3KN1KA
    Original poster 3 posts

I bought this game earlier this week, immediately installed the recent title update 5.5 and am having the same issue. I have completely reset my progress once already due to this save issue. However, I have noticed a few patterns to consider.

Firstly, intermittent, momentary audio loss or skipping tends to be a first symptom related to an online server connection issue. When I hear this audio loss/skip, I will often check if the game is still connected to the servers by pressing start and seeing if the news feed on the bottom right is online. If connected, it will show the current promotions. If not, it will say that you are not connected to the server.

Secondly, I also noticed a pattern of this happening after approximately 20 minutes or so of gameplay. In order to safely continue playing and progressing with the story, I have been playing in 15 minute increments and force a save by exiting to the main menu, then reloading the most recent save. However, this can be especially inconvenient during longer missions or play sessions lasting more than 20 minutes and will force you to risk not being able to save your progress. If you have exceeded the time window and the news feed is offline, forcing the save by exiting to the main menu will cause the game to lock up (the Watch Dogs save icon animation on the right margin will loop) without a successful save and ultimately, you will lose the progress. However, a 20 minute loss in progress is much better than hours worth of frustration.

Ubisoft, I have been a fan for decades, but I would think that nearly a year out from first release would be plenty of time to implement a resolution. In my opinion, a basic feature such as save game progression is deserving of reasonable attention and troubleshooting from your software engineering team. Please help us out so we can enjoy your game without fear and frustration.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics