Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VirtualAwesome
    Original poster 75 posts

I am a completionist in most games, but I am skipping many parts of this. There are too many minigames and side objectives that require too much time for too little reward. The minigames are very dull. I am at the point in the game where I am being forced to play Orlog and have drinking contests to continue, and I hate it. I really don't know if I want to bother finishing this game.

I don't...

• Play Orlog. Played one game and won. It was boring and slow.
    • Play drinking games. Too lame. Played one I was forced to and lost on purpose just to get out of it.
    • Do river raids. What's the point?
    • Go hunting. So tedious for little reward.
    • Go fishing. Ditto.
    • Reda contracts. Extremely repetitive and takes forever to buy anything good.
    • Flying papers. I don't care about tattoos and the jump/climb controls are very flaky.
    • Festivals. For cosmetics? No.
    • Flyting. (I actually did these but used the answers online.)

Please do not waste so much time on these in the future. The main gameplay is far too lacking for these side projects. And never, ever force me to do them to progress in the main story.

Thank you for reading my complaints. I won't be pre-ordering in the future.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• KmarkoPL
    225 posts

@virtualawesome HUR DUR !!
    You might not like this side activities, but that does not mean others don't either !
    You play game as you like, but don't suggest to devs to cut out the side content !

• VirtualAwesome
    Original poster 75 posts

@kmarkopl Actually, no, I did exactly what I should do. I gave feedback based on my own opinion. It’s subjective. That is what feedback is. The people enjoy this side content can give their feedback in favor of it, and the devs can decide which way to go. I normally wouldn’t say to get rid of it, but the main content feels underdeveloped and it is extremely buggy. My opinion is that they tried to include too much. That is the trend with game developers these days. They keep upping the ante in their promises, but they under deliver.

But unfortunately, I don’t get the sense that they are listening to us anyway. I saw a blog article bragging about how many people are play Orlog. The game forces us to play it to progress in the game, so it is an erroneous conclusion to assume that people are playing it because they enjoy it. They seem to dismiss the community as just being whiney, which is probably partially true, but the games don’t feel like they are heading in the right direction with each new entry into the series.

• lemmie88
    205 posts

@virtualawesome
    I agree with you! I feel like they rushed the release to take advantage of covid, a captive audience to generate big sales and beta testers. So everything feels rushed, shallow, and unfinished.

It's like they took a laundry list of copied rpg features from popular games, but they never actually played those games. They just went down their checklist in the most half-arsed way possible. So, its all there, but they don't actually understand how to meaningfully integrate it into gameplay. Like hunting, fishing, or catching insects is actually pretty fun in Red Dead or Breath of the Wild. But that's because in those games its actually rewarding; either part of a crafting system that has some legit effects on gameplay, or part of the game economy. They're also totally optional. In Valhalla, its just so shallow and meaningless. Not to mention the activities themselves are just not fun.

I'm on the fence if I'd prefer them to get rid of it or develop it into a real activity. You are right, though, in that it doesn't matter. I'm sure we'll see more of it if they can work it into some kind of mtx.

I saw a blog article bragging about how many people are play Orlog.

lol. Now I know they're off their rocker. It's crazy the bs about this game and the response to player feedback. It's like how they said they listened to us about Odyssey and took away the loot system. As if it wasn't so they could sell gear in the store instead. 😂

• VirtualAwesome
    Original poster 75 posts

@lemmie88 Overall, I agree with what you said. A lot of this feels forced to keep up with other RPG games. It feels rushed and not well thought out. I would rather have fewer but well-designed features than a large number of mediocre gameplay elements.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics