ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• juandiego8228
    Original poster 3 posts

hello I write this to report that I cannot play The Crew 2 with an xbox series X / S controller on PC and when connecting the controller to the PC the game detects the buttons badly and when trying to configure them for example by pressing B in the scheme Buttons appear to press left crosshead please I want a solution to the problem since I pay for a remote that does not work in one of your games.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2502 posts

Hello @juandiego8228 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've moved your thread to the relevant Crew 2 Support forums .

At this time, the Xbox Series S / X range of controllers are not currently natively compatible with The Crew 2 on PC.

It may be possible to use third party software to have your PC detect the controller as ab Xbox 360 / One controller, which are supported but we cannot advise on this.

The list of fully supported control methods is available here.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused and if there is anything further we can help with, please let us know!

Official Response
  • Anykeyer
    173 posts

@ubi-theberry
    Seriosly?
    How hard it can be do code a new gamepad support? Even much older games work with series x/s without any problems, they just threat them as xbox gamepad. Yet IVT didnt bother fixing this issue in 2 major updates released since those consoles appeared on the market.
    This issue should be very high on your list right now. Because buying new xbox one gamepad becomes harder and harder over time and many new PC version buyers have series x/s as their only device (aside from KB+M ofc).

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 871 posts

Hey @anykeyer,

Thank you for your feedback and update.

This type of feedback is great as it helps us understand what players would like to see.

Many thanks

Official Response
  • ii_ZacH
    2 posts

@ubi-theberry it is now December of 2021 and yall still haven't fixed this? What kind of nonsense is this? Its been like this since LAUNCH. Absolutely insane

• drk00777
    1 posts

It seems that is a common issue, so let me add my post to attract more attention to the issue.

• Launching platform: Ubisoft Connect
    • Issue: Connecting via Bluetooth, the controller key mapping don't work, buttons A and B goes up and down, D pad does not work, shoulder buttons open map. The controller does work being connected via USB.
    • Fix Attempts (All failed): Disconnect the controller from USB, connect in game to Bluetooth, Delete mapping files from Documents, overwrite mapping files with one that was being used with a Xbox One controller. Verify files via Ubisoft Connect.
    • How to re-create: Connect a Xbox Series X/S controller via Bluetooth on a PC.

Does anyone knows if the Dev team have any plan to patch it/Add the controller for the list of compatible controllers?
    Does the Dec team actually plan to fix on the next patch?
    Anyone tried using a PS5 controller with DS4win?

Cheers!

• klik789
    3 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2502 posts

Hello @ii_zach ,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

As noted by Ubi-Wheelyduck this has been passed onto the team as feedback, however from that point I'm afraid we're unable to confirm if or when any changes or additional peripheral support will be implemented in-game.

Should any updates be made, we'll let players know publicly and on the forums.

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Official Response
  • Anykeyer
    173 posts

@ubi-theberry

If I had only Series X/S gamepad and just bought the game and discovered this I would refund it immediately.

This is completely ridiculous and unacceptable situation. If you call your game "live" then at the very least you have to ensure its compatible with mainstream hardware.
    We dont even ask you to properly and natively support this gamepad (with impulse triggers and share button). All you have to do is to add a new PID to the list of supported xinput devices and pretend its just another xbox one gamepad (which it is, 4th version of it).
    Even most very old games that were last patched years ago work like this. Because programmers used a good practice and made their games future-proof. But allmightly Ubisoft cant do this to their "live" game after full year. Shame on you.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @Anykeyer, thanks for your input and detailed feedback.

We have a list of publicly stated controllers that are supported, however I do understand that you as well as some others players are sharing similar sentiment regarding the ability to play with Xbox Series X/S gamepad on PC and as stated by my colleagues earlier, it's a matter that has been forwarded to our development team, where further review is taking place.

As soon as more information will be available, we will try to keep you all updated. Until then, if you do have any further queries or run into any difficulties, feel free to drop us a message at any time!

Official Response
  • CooKieMonSta895
    1 posts

@ubi-karl I just bought an xbox series x controller and I can not use it in the crew 2 since the button assignments are wrong, I see that the problem has been more than 5 months without solution, when can I use my xbox controller in your games natively?

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2352 posts

@cookiemonsta895 Hey!

At the moment this issue is still being looked into. Apologies for the delay, once there is an update we will reach back out.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Arconix1048
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Arconix1048
    3 posts

Okay, so Steam will save us again :

• Add the game on Steam through "Add a non-Steam game"
    • Go to Steam (hop left of the page) > Settings > Controller > "General controller settings"
    • Enable General controller support AND Xbox controller support AND Xbox extended features
    • Restart your PC
    • Start the game, if you did that correctly the problem will be solved (at least it works for me)

Hope I helped you (My Steam is in french, so I translated the most accurate I could)

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @Arconix1048, thanks for sharing this with everyone and I do hope that other players who have Steam version of the game and may be dealing with the same concern, will find this workaround useful! 🙂

Official Response
  • Anykeyer
    173 posts

@ubi-karl
    This works because Steam has built-in xbox one controller emulation, and it works with many other controllers too. Doesnt mean your devs job is done.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1532 posts

Happy to hear this workaround worked for you, @anykeyer. While we do not have any further updates to share right now, however, please stay tuned to our public channels and our news & announcements page for incoming updates.

Official Response
  • Arconix1048
    3 posts

It works also for the Uplay version, but Steam still needed for the workaround ^^

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2352 posts

@arconix1048 Thank you for your reply and for providing this additional information. If you need anything else in the meantime whilst this investigation is going on please let us know.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Anykeyer
    173 posts

@ubi-smash
    This isnt really what I was saying. I knew about this workaround from the start.
    Its still a problem you have to fix on your end. Because its cumbersome for players, and sometimes the anticheat you use can interfere with Steam Input taking over so its not 100% proof solution.
    Apparently Crew 2 relies on hardcoded PID list, and its pretty bad way to detect hardware.

Suggested Topics