Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SuspiciousPixel
    Original poster 78 posts

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Merphee
    39 posts

Not really surprising. Meta changes should be expected, and it would be weird to be upset at that.

• xcel30
    351 posts

"Entire game" is quite an interesting choice of words, well i do hope it's related to the new ways give player power that they mentioned in the articles months ago or some rework of a mechanic

• Virtual-Chris
    671 posts

Less sponge? Or a mode with less sponge? One can dream.

• echolecter
    85 posts

Not sure what to expect from this update, as vague as ever. Are they changing the 'entire' game for PvP and this has (again) a major impact on rest of the game, or is it the other way around and is PvP infected as side effect. Also think that the most annoying bug right now would be the invisibility, and should be their number one priority along with all other exploits/cheats.

Anyway, we will see when it comes, but not expecting much of it to be honest.

• apsingh1
    22 posts

My speculation:
    Ubisoft has suspended heartland plans temporarily. Heartland pvp is coming in a new map in Division 2.

• SuspiciousPixel
    Original poster 78 posts

@echolecter He never said that the changes are for pvp. He said they are making changes for the entire game that will impact on pvp.

Sorry, I know it's semantics and being nit picky but you only assumed that from his post and that is how false rumours spread.

• echolecter
    85 posts

@suspiciouspixel Any changes that have a direct impact on PvP suggests to me that they are done for PvP. But hey, English is not my native language and do think that also applies to Yannick, so it could swing both ways. But for me PvE works just fine, maybe we get something along the lines of gear 3.0 which I certainly would not be happy with.

• N3mB0t
    302 posts

this makes me feel they should have something more to share with us at this point , im not very amused not get any news at all for months and when finaly someone says something its about impacts on PVP , takes me back to when PVP changes only served to mess up the PVE side of things , thousands having PVE ruined because of half a dozen stubborn players who keep whishing PVP was a good thing in this game, sad face.

• dagrommit
    673 posts

@echolecter you're reading it wrong, and SP is correct. For example (and this is just a theoretical example), changing the talent system would affect the entire game, including PvP.

• LateNiteDelight
    515 posts

Removing Exotic limits? Reworking Skill power tiers? Changing what skills can proc In-Sync? Changing Accuracy, Stability & Reload when using two handed weapons with a Crusader Shield? Passive skills on Masks?

• Adrian-11
    717 posts
    My speculation:
    Ubisoft has suspended heartland plans temporarily. Heartland pvp is coming in a new map in Division 2.

LOL!
    I'm holding on my speculation that they still don't know what the heck to do with the franchise, both D2 and Heartland.
    Most likely we'll end up with another season (some gear, some new exotics, perhaps some changes on how talents work...) at some point in the future.
    I would love to be proved wrong and we get a nice package a la WONY... but I don't believe it until I see it.

In the meantime, enjoy the bugs and invisibility glitches (shrapnel trap, really?! That's the biggest issue???)

• Adrian-11
    717 posts

BTW, wasn't Heartland supposed to come out before the TD2 update?

• xcel30
    351 posts

@echolecter Honestly sounds more like a change to system in general, akin to masks or gloves being able to roll new talents or similar don't think it will be for PVP as main mindset of course i could be proven wrong later

• moesuvious
    12 posts

Sounds like its time for Classified Sets to make an appearance to me. Yall get ready to grind but hey, at least it will be for gains this time instead of the fake grind youve created for yourself for the last year!

• LateNiteDelight
    515 posts

@moesuvious we already have "classified sets" - they added the two extra amplifications as chest and backpack talents 👩‍🏫

Though I'd love the Ninja messenger bag, allowing us to combine a (4)GS + (3)GS into one build..

• N3mB0t
    302 posts

you are all hoping for the same we already had in the past it seems , im hoping for something new, fresh and out of the box , enough of the DIV1 nostalgia already.

• dagrommit
    673 posts
    Yall get ready to grind but hey, at least it will be for gains this time instead of the fake grind youve created for yourself for the last year!

The only thing I've been grinding are optimization caches during GE's. Even setup an alt without shared resources enabled now that the primary is maxed out 💰

• TxDieselKid
    162 posts

SO, my brain always goes "worst case scenario" with things, so reading Yannick's comments, I'm reading that they are pulling out PvP since everyone cries about it, and pushing that game mode to Heartland, which will be focused on that mostly.

I'm praying that's NOT the case.....

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    58 posts

@txdieselkid Does anyone know if Heartland will be accessible through D2? Kinda like CoD and Warzone? Would like to use my agent in Division 2 in Heartland. Like, Heartland just be a fast travel location.

Suggested Topics