Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xcel30
    415 posts

@raciaiadhesive I highly doubt it since it will use VERY different mechanics and rules for movement, shooting, loot and so on

• Merphee
    41 posts

I think one has to think about what "across the entire game" really means. For example, how does a change to Control Points directly affect PVP? What mechanics in PVE appears in the mechanics of PVP? ...is how I'm seeing it.

My brain is leaning towards a couple things:

1. Health - It's obviously one of the most useless stats in the game, especially in PVP. So I think we can assume that'll be one of things changed. Berserk was the variable responsible for making health viable. Once Berserk was removed, so was health's viability. They could add a bunch of "based on health" talents, but eh...see #3.
    2. Specializations - I can see the devs redefining specializations, even adding a couple new ones. Taking their sculpting tools and putting more emphasis on "roles."
    3. A new mechanic / change to character control - Would they add crouching? Would they remove the animation that occurs when applying armor? Would they remove armor all together and opt for one vitality bar, being health? To me, armor is health, health is armor, so removing armor doesn't seem too out of the realm of possibility.
    4. Gear mechanics - Would they remove exotic limit? Would they implement mod slots for all gear slots?

It's obvious something like adding new gear and weapons will directly affect PVP, but I think that's too safe to have Yannick's statement apply to.

• TxDieselKid
    205 posts

@raciaiadhesive Without being able to "100% confirm" it, I would say no. It will be a completely different game with a F2P/Battlepass payment system, and not just game mode layered in D2.

• TxDieselKid
    205 posts

@merphee Gear 3.0 seems like the logical answer here for sure.

• Merphee
    41 posts

@txdieselkid I can see that happening.

I do want them to add minor talents for the remaining gear slots. Chest and backpack talents would be the build defining talents, whereas the other talents would be efficiency talents that don't really define builds. Like gloves with the removed Cannon talent.

• xcel30
    415 posts
    Along with the game mode, we are investigating new ways to progress your agent with an emphasis on increasing build variety and viability

Once again this quote from the last article about the game update still makes me think that they are adding more depth by adding more to what we have than fully rebuilding something, oh boy do i hope they go the route of adding more to specializations or just adding more talents to other gear pieces, because i feel that could drasticly relieve some of the issue of some talents are just never worth investing specially since you are limited to only 2 of them, so shoving minor defensive ones (protected reload) or that act as smaller boosts (reassigned/mad bomber) to masks or gloves could let people add more without losing anything

• Adrian-11
    800 posts

@xcel30 @TxDieselKid

Well, if all there is in the update relates to Gear 3.0 (or whatever we want to call it), maybe some new gear, or talents, or exotics, or specializations, that means the game will live on pure grinding for the new stuff and remaking builds on the new parameters.
    If all there is is that, I will quit the TD2 the same day the update is released.
    That's far from new content, it's just a lazy approach to try keeping the game alive by prolonging the grind, while doing the same we did for the last 18 months. I am not into that.

I very much hope the update is much more than this.

• LateNiteDelight
    551 posts

@adrian-11 There is supposed to be a "new to the Division Universe" game mode, at a minimum.

TD1 still gets Global Events. I'm hoping TD2 will keep getting those, plus maybe a randomized Manhunt option that has slightly better rewards.

The bigger question is what, if any, content will drop beyond a new game mode and a Gear System update [put me in the camp that would live improved Specializations, plus a new Melee Spec]. Then if that's it, or they keep pushing to give a new team more practice leading into TD3 development. A lot of seemingly easy low hanging fruit: difficulty scaling for Classified, adding Black Tusk CPs, adding White Tusk to the open world..

• xcel30
    415 posts

@adrian-11 I REALLY doubt it's a complete makeover to the point it will be called 3.0, it would make too many systes added such as optmization and recal stations redundant fast and angry more people than it should, 2.0 works well enough so adding more to give it depth seems more reasonable than throw a wrench into their own plans

• Adrian-11
    800 posts

@xcel30

The concern is not that will be a complete makeover, or a partial makeover of the gear or game modes... the concern is that it cannot be only a makeover (gear changes and additions, or game mode), that will be running on the same content (maps, locations, missions).
    Just my 2 cents.

• blueray789
    13 posts
    We don't have anything else planned until then except fixing some annoying bugs

Please fix the Crash to Desktop bug.

Some people would find it annoying when a game crashes every 15-20 minutes.

Is it related to syncing achievements to the cloud??

• dagrommit
    789 posts

@adrian-11 I've long held the belief that it'll be more than gear changes and a game mode on existing maps. Why? Because they'll want to charge money for it. That would be in line with their aim to extend the life of their back catalog.

Whether it'll be worth paying for remains to be seen.

• PT_Frizzer
    11 posts

I am amazed. I don't know how Massive and Ubisoft don't invest in this game in the long run. The game is really good, the gameplay is fantastic, the community is loyal. In many other games of this magnitude they had already died completely and no one thought about them anymore. The Division agent community is always on the lookout for new content. This is a game that in my opinion can have a long life. I'm sure most players wouldn't mind buying a DLC every year in the form of a new map expansion or even a new map, new quests, new objectives (I'm not talking about recycled content).
    I, and I imagine that many others continue to attend the game despite having everything optimized but for the simple pleasure of playing the game. Every week I go to Division, I help players evolve, I make several Legendaries, because the gameplay entertains me and involves me.

• TxDieselKid
    205 posts

@pt_frizzer Seriously, I mean, R6:S has like a 10 year life cycle, but this one they can't make content for to extend a year 3 until the suits up top decide so?

• Adrian-11
    800 posts

@pt_frizzer

Welcome to be amazed club.

@TxDieselKid

The same suits decided to stop the development / cycle with the 2nd year. That where the real problem is, with the 1d10ts in suits that are in control.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    66 posts

@pt_frizzer They could straight up keep this game alive for many more years. They could release DLC or map expansions every year and almost everyone including myself would buy it. One of the best games out IMO.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    66 posts

@pt_frizzer Hell. I would even buy any add-ons for this game if they had them. I.e. I would spend money on a dark themed hologram style map from the first Division just because.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    66 posts

@txdieselkid Yeah. Kinda wild. Glad to see we're getting new content though. If I am remembering correctly, Siege didn't really evolve into what it is today until it's 2nd year. Maybe this update later this year will introduce some big changes leading to more years of life and content.

• bluey_uk
    16 posts

@raciaiadhesive Sadly i think the update will be aimed for early March 2022 based on the season 7 rerun having 22 weeks till it ends so logically that rules out this year 😞

• N3mB0t
    374 posts

@raciaiadhesive

you cant even try to compare the two games when it comes to expectations , SIEGE became a multi million esport , that is why it evolved to what it is today , DIV2 wouldnt even scratch that , there is nothing to gain from it apart from content sales, deciding to extend its life im sure it had nothing to do with its sucess or lack of it , my guess is that it was just a publisher necessity that suits their agenda , nothing more.

Suggested Topics