ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1296 posts

In Francia I came across one of those world skirmishes between Frankish soldiers and rebels, only here a Heavy Calvary got involved and made things interesting. However, near the end of the fighting, the Heavy Calvary got stuck, making him easy picking, but then after he died, Eivor started repetitive vanishing from enemy awareness, but there were no enemies around. I don’t know what triggered this, but it is weird. I’m on my XBox Series X with TU 1.3.0 installed and no technical or internet problems are present.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@thenorfolkian I discovered those battles in that same location (without that strange sound effect starting at 0:17, you're into mixing? 😂), and another one near the lake near Saint Denis, but my Eivor didn't start to vanish from enemies' sight.
    I guess I just need to post my video where you can clearly see these enemies respawn when you finish them off, leave the area, and then re-enter it again.
    Another strange thing I noticed is the sound of the fight, like there's not enough men to produce those war cries.
    At least this glitch was helpful to complete time-limited challenges (100 assassinations, 50 kills with light bow, 50 kills with daggers).

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 It’s got the right beat! Maybe we can get Jesper Kyd to throw something together?

I too have seen that you can leave the area, turn back, and all the same enemies reappear... you are right that it’s a very easy way of completing those time-limited challenges. For once, a useful glitch! Haha!

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@TheNorfolkian That is a bit of a strange bug! Thank you so much for providing that video as well! Has this happened only the one time for you? Or have you done this several times with the same result each time?

@bielik01 Would you mind posting that video for me as well? It would be much appreciated, thank you!

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubistorm This is the first time I’ve seen it. If it happens again I’ll report back.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4118 posts

@thenorfolkian Thanks, I have still forwarded this on to the development team to investigate and to see if they are able to reproduce the issue.

Are you also able to confirm the location on the map where the issue occurred?

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-keo It happened to me at the skirmish site on Coteaux de la Seine.

• TheNorfolkian

@ubi-keo @UbiStorm @bielik01 Check it out y’all... I discovered that loading the game from a save at the location of the skirmish causes another bug where the Frankish soldiers and rebels don’t fight until engaged by the player. I also managed to replicate the same bug previously reported, and again at Coteaux de la Seine.

• Ubi-Keo

@thenorfolkian Thanks for the information and the video provided, I will forward this on to the development team.

Official Response
  • bielik01
    1746 posts

@ubistorm here is the promised video: (https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf68mffrg4t6l2a/Assassin%27s%20Creed%C2%AE%20Valhalla_20210831163924.mp4?dl=0).

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 That is literally the same location and problem. Thanks for sharing! Now we have proof that this issue is affecting both XBox and Playstation gamers.

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@thenorfolkian yeah, I didn't have it earlier, this is the first time the repetitive vanishing effect happened to me. But the enemies keep respawning if you don't look at them.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

Thank you for your video also bielik01, I will make sure this gets passed onto our QA team.

Could either of you provide a screenshot, of exactly where you encountered this pro-longed vanishing effect on the map, so we can try and reproduce it by fighting the same group of mobs?

Official Response
  • bielik01
    1746 posts

@ubi-milky it's already been shared here, and is visible in my video as well - Coteaux de la Seine.
    I'm sorry I didn't show the map in the video.

• TheNorfolkian

@ubi-milky The skirmish site is literally where the map icon for Coteaux de la Seine is located. Here’s a screenshot showing a picture taken by @bielik01 where the actual fighting took place...

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@thenorfolkian yeah, that was my first killing spree there 😂
    Why I didn't think of that... Thanks for the help!

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

That was extremely handy @TheNorfolkian and @bielik01 👏

Thank you for the exact location on the map, I'll add this to our new investigation into the vanishing effect, hopefully, we can reproduce this bug also, by targetting the same mobs in the exact area.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-milky I can’t be 100% sure, but from my recent engagements with this skirmish site following TU 1.3.2, this bug/glitch appears to no longer occur. It may be safe to mark this thread as RESOLVED, but I would wait to see if @bielik01 can confirm that it no longer happens on his end.

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@thenorfolkian I don't think I can retrigger it either, but boy, it was fun 😄

• Ubi-Keo

@TheNorfolkian @bielik01 Thanks for the update, I'll inform the development team 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics