ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• N3mB0t
    Original poster 923 posts

i understand the fact the content wasnt suposed to happen at some point, people needed time to organize and form teams to start making new stuff , review ideas , test stuff ,in general find their way.

but 6 whole months passed , 6 months of complete radio sillence , either with the news or just simply giving support and intercating with the community , o, nada.

now we face 3 months of the same aparent silence and repetition it seems , and i wonder , if the upcoming content is going to be a paid one , which will be most probably , what is going to happen ? they´re going to advertise it how and when ? what are they expecting for? for a miracle rush of players buying it when a lot of them left the game and dont even remember it exists anymore?

at this point i dont find unreasonable that a road map of what is to come should already be put out , its time to start creating some hype to get things going the way i see it , or it runs the risk of being a complete flop , not because its bad or has bugs but because in this day and age if you dont try to pass the message across and let people know what you are creating they simply wont notice.

im also biased as im a big fan and love the game and that is why i understood the radio silence until now , but it has got to a point where it really makes no sense for them to keep going like this , there is surely some stuff they could start teasing us with , stuff that doesnt run the risk of simply not coming out , stuff that is already done and set in stone, if there isnt then ... well... imagine watching the rick astley meme video with no sound for 9 months straight and that is how it will feel like.

*sing with me*
    never gonna give you up
    never gonna let you down
    content is due to come out
    oooooor iiiissssss iiiiiiiiiiiit?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    i understand the fact the content wasnt suposed to happen at some point, people needed time to organize and form teams to start making new stuff , review ideas , test stuff ,in general find their way.

You might be underestimating how iterative the process is. Yes, they need to test the "new stuff" to ensure it works as designed, but also need to test the "old stuff" to ensure it hasn't been negatively impacted by the changes. That could entail going back and reworking the "new stuff" and another cycle begins. And as the original announcement talked about new progression systems and build diversity, I suspect there's a lot of this going on.

Anyhow, I'll just repeat what I've said before. I would prefer they keep quiet until they're certain they can deliver. Maybe confirm they're still targeting the end of the year, and drop some concept art. I don't need the disappointment of being hyped about something that doesn't make it into the game.

• TxDieselKid
    322 posts

A road map of some sort would be great, but when things get pushed from those dates the backlash from the community is so over the top that it pushes companies to not even want to do it. So i get it. I aint even mad about it at this point.

• Oatiecrumble
    612 posts

In all honesty i don't blame them for not saying anything, they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

I am just gonna wait and see what happens, either which way any new content is good news, dunno why but i have a good feeling about what is coming, i just hope i ain't wrong and it's going to be very PVP orientated.

• TK105
    64 posts

The content of this thread has already been argued for the same in the following threads.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/105483/no-e3-no-gamescom-massive-failure?lang=en-US

• Sock_Monkey
    488 posts

@dagrommit

You might be underestimating how iterative the process is. Yes, they need to test the "new stuff" to ensure it works as designed, but also need to test the "old stuff" to ensure it hasn't been negatively impacted by the changes.

In the engineering world we collectively refer to this process as "regressive testing." 🙂

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    293 posts

Don't mind the radio silence. WONY was announced only a month before it's release. Rather them take their time, release quality content; rather than overwhelming us with info. Also, would much rather see regressive testing over releasing gameplay teasers that end up looking nothing like the final product. I'm sure when they showcase the content, it's going to blow our Crocs off.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    293 posts

@oatiecrumble Pretty juiced myself. Hope to see a total overhaul of the game in many different aspects. Back in the day, Ubi did a fairly big overhaul for Siege in it's 2nd year that changed the game completely for the better. Hope to see drastic changes across the board Division 2. Some seasonal progression, some type of seasonal rank, not the lvl 100 season leveling, but something that get's reset every season. Wouldn't even mind if the players watches got wiped every season. We would keep our SHD level, but have to level up the watch again.

Either way, excited to see what's to come.

• KraziAgent
    47 posts

rick astley meme video I THINK THIR LYING

Suggested Topics