Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Karakzorn
    Original poster 29 posts

The original design of Nokk didn’t work out the way the devs had in mind, with nokk entering from a different side of the map, sneaking through the building, and entering the site from a different angle. Neither do they want to update or buff this playstyle by allowing Nokk to evade traps as they mentioned in their rework response. It is very likely that the devs don’t want to create a new operator by completely redesigning Nokk’s gadget either, so here I go sharing my idea’s:
    They can buff the gadget evasion by enabling Nokk to evade traps (which they don’t want to do).
    Buff her sneak/flank effectiveness by increasing nokk’s base speed to 3 (kind of defeating the purpose of the gadget and significantly reducing her skill ceiling, going against her 3 difficulty design).
    Or enabling her to silent run with the gadget, which enables excellent hunting/flanking and rushing (which they also don’t want to enable).
    Or by giving her a better gun (which the community has asked for)(one that comes with a built in suppressor, 38 rifle damage(after suppressor, so 45 base damage) and one that uses mags matching those on her model).
    I’m going to suggest making the camera evasion consistent where all camera intel gadgets are fully fooled by Nokk’s activity, that means mozzie drones and echo drones as well, no more “vigil effect” as that is vigil’s signature effect, Nokk shouldn’t have this weird gadget specific nerf.
    Next, I’m going to suggest giving her a powerful rifle with an integral suppressor that uses mags that match those on her model (this is a popular request). This can be used to quickly and quietly take out traps that would hinder Nokk’s silent approach and might give her a little longer window of surprise attacking.
    Finally, I’m going to suggest giving Nokk a much longer duration on her gadget, this will provide her with more room to sneak around, while not enough time to fully walk all the way into the objective (not that that is a problem considering she can’t evade traps and there is always some anchor or roamer watching each entrance), we are talking 16 seconds here, 4 additional seconds of silent movement.
    So in my conclusion, simply providing a far better gun for Nokk (I’m talking top tier, 38 effective damage, 800 fire rate minimum, integral suppressor, gun mags match those on Nokk’s model) and increasing the duration on her gadget will provide her with much more breathing room, and potential effectiveness.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RamboBambiBambo
    120 posts

@karakzorn
    Magpul PDR-C / PDR-D would be an ideal gun.
    Compact.
    Uses M4 Mags.
    Ambidextrous and bullpup so it can be easily fired one-handed.
    Though I do not believe this gun should replace any in her arsenal and instead by added in as a third Primary option.

I disagree on your idea of her evading traps. BUT evading the Proximity Alarms would make a LOT of sense since she is a counter-intelligence operator that uses a device that significantly REDUCES HER PRESENCE EFFECTS in an area, hence her less noise. If VIGIL can escape LION'S drone scan which uses SONAR, then it makes sense that NOKK should be able to avoid the Proximity Alarm's motion scanner tool / RFID detector tool.

I disagree with her being a 3-Speedy. Last thing we need is CAVEIRA mains frothing at the mouth on Attack at the prospect of being able to not be heard easily as they teabag while shooting the Defenders.

• xcel30
    414 posts

I am still baffled how the devs thought that when they need to buff a character (in this case making her no activate some traps with her gadget on) they also needed to nerf the character at thesame with something of equal or more power than the buff, causing either a zero sum or a overall nerf and keep calling it a buff.

They just need to straight up give up her ability to not trigger proximity gadgets and switch her weapons around, honestly would swtich the FMG-9 for teh MP5SD and the SIXSD (which is probably the worst gun in the game) for an rifle such as R4-C that recently got nerfed and while still good is way more of close range that could fir her playstyle

• RamboBambiBambo
    120 posts

@xcel30
    Worst gun in the game is easily the Bailiff .410

• xcel30
    414 posts

@rambobambibambo Would be if the entire point wasn't being a secondary shotgun to make holes, plot twist super shorty is also not great as a weapon, but extremely useful tool and since it's a secondary it doesn't affect the operator main gun.

• Karakzorn
    Original poster 29 posts

@xcel30 yeah it was really wierd how they didn't buff her, but instead constantly introduced trap evasion, but then took something away from her gadget. I mean I can understand her getting a 3 speed rating and the muffle being removed, but keeping her at a 2 speed, removing the muffle and then letting her evade camera's and traps really doesn't improve her character

• xcel30
    414 posts

@karakzorn Actually trap evading would have been a great buff.... if it was just that came out of it, but instead they also wanted to nerf her nosie and other details that would make the entire thing a zero sum buff or even worse an overall nerf. Making her be able to bypass gadgets over destroying them is a creative way to deal with bulletproof utility issue game is having by providing an interesting alternative, but nope gotta nerf at the same time. Honestly wonder why they even call most things buffs, can't wait for them to "buff" mute next season when they make his jammer worse and remove SMG-11 or something else like that

• RamboBambiBambo
    120 posts

@xcel30
    Super-Shorty is an amazing gun, which is why Ubi took it away form the 1-Armor/3-Speed Mozzie and gave it to the 3-Armor/1-Speed Castle. The gun can actually kill in one-shot at a descent range and they nerfed it instantly at launch to have 3 shells rather than 4.

Like seriously, the only thing I run with Castle, Gridlock, and Recruit is the secondary Super Shorty.

• xcel30
    414 posts

@rambobambibambo er.... both mozzie and castle are 2/2 and they removed from mozzie because he was too "versatile" by being able to make holes, feel free to correct me but it has actually really low damage, it has same damage values as semi auto shotguns such as M1014, SPAS-12, Super 90 but it's pump action compared to them. Also i don't remember it ever having nerfed its stats ever so if you can find the patchnotes for that i would be thankful

• RamboBambiBambo
    120 posts

@xcel30
    When OPERATION // BURNT HORIZON was in the test-servers phase before it's launch, it was like the real-life super-shorty with 4 shells available (1 in the chamber, 3 in the feed tube), but they removed one from it's max capacity.

And yes, I was wrong about CASTLE being 3 armor... he still moves slow tho...

And from within a 12 meter range, you have 35 Damage. With how shotguns work in siege, I have found that aiming it at the upper chest is the most effective way to kill your target in one-shot. Or at least induce a DBNO

• xcel30
    414 posts

@rambobambibambo Well yeah of course you aim at upper chest, everywhere else you are going to spreading around the character, sorry but i still can't find anything from changing mozzie speed that i know he was never 3 speed or the super shorty

• RamboBambiBambo
    120 posts

@xcel30
    I could've sworn Mozzie was 3-Speed. Then again, his tiny figure does make him seem unnecessarily speedy and hard to hit.

Suggested Topics