Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• USMC_Tallin
    Original poster 5 posts

Started today I am no longer getting Proficiency Caches when leveling up.

I am currently Shade Level 6662.

I am still getting the message I have leveled up, but not getting caches anymore.

I ran all of the Invaded Missions on Heroic with all Directives (except Tidal Basin) that awarded 990000 exp per mission and still ended up with zero caches. I then did a few activities to check and again got the message I had leveled up but NO proficiency cache to open.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    697 posts

@usmc_tallin

It's the "pre-season", featuring no proficiency caches and voices from the future.

• seanixnyc
    3 posts

@usmc_tallin Proficiency caches are automatic on each level you reach after you reach level 40 and activate the watch, it is not attached on doing missions or on a game difficulty but solely on level up that said for sure you level up on each missions with 990000 xp but the mission itself has nothing to do with receiving the proficiency cache. The most logical explaination to me would be that there might be a level cap to receive them with Ubisoft thinking at the time that people would eventually get bored doing repetitive stuff and move on from the game way before anyone ever reach a shade level 6662 as you did but don't take this wrong, you have the right to do so if you want to personally i'm only lev 772 and already try to find a reason to keep playing but you got me about something and i have to ask.. personally i already have almost everything on god roll and all from loot the only thing i never saw on god roll drops were exotics so i m pretty sure that with all the excessive amount of loot from game chest and drops this game has that you too have everything on god roll by now. personally i reached the point where i share all the loot i receive including exitics with thoses i m playing with just because i have no room or use for it so what is the importance of getting unshareable proficiency caches to get what you already have on top of that? I really don't understand that.

• seanixnyc
    3 posts

@usmc_tallin Ok i read myself and my message seems so negative and i taught i should clarify that i'm not a hater, i was honnestly just curious to know

why my past comment seems so negative as to do with me being a bit upset with the game, i was excited to start a new season with new stuff and realised this morning that there is nothing new i mean this is a coming back of season 4 which i have not done in the past but i got upset that i already received every rewards from this season during the past season so i dont know the point to pay to get the same stuff or even to continue playing as there is nothing new except for the blueprints of the rigged gear set which i already have on god roll and never used anyway so it s useless and deceiving ... if only they didn t put everything in thoses legacy season chest and named idem chest that came as rewards last season

• TheGunRobber
    7 posts

@usmc_tallin Same im only shield level 344 but i no longer receive caches for leveling up. Went through 10-15 levels with no caches now.

• My.Own.Savior
    14 posts

Same here i have done the entire weekly invaded missions, the daily's, and a couple random heroic missions and not a single proficiency cache since the update/reset last night
    how about some rewards ubi? I am level shd at 3229 and almost as many hours in this dam game i am at 3151 hours since the game launched 2+ yrs ago....

• echolecter
    84 posts

Within each new season you first need to level up to 100 in the season before you get your proficiency caches back again. But at the moment there is no way to level up in the season yet. As mentioned by Adrian-11 this is a pre-season feature in the game, as well as hearing audio clips when completing activities that are tied to the season that really starts next week.

• My.Own.Savior
    14 posts

@echolecter
    well maybe that is how it works now but i used to earn prof caches before the "season's" were even in the game simply thru earned exp.
    I mean it's not like i am missing anything great, just more garbage to recycle for components..........

• Adrian-11
    697 posts

@my-own-savior

The seasons re-run hasn't been very smooth (to put it nicely). It seems they were not designed to run multiple times, so these re-runs are kind of forced in, and that comes with some issues.
    However, I would put up with these issues and have the re-runs rather than not having the re-runs.

• x41x6Ex64x79
    6 posts

Its not a new problem, its happened before - but that doesn't make it OK.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Hello Agents! I am sorry to hear that you are missing your proficiency caches. Would you be willing to send me a screenshot of your current level? Along with a video of you leveling up but not getting the cache? Thanks!

Official Response
  • blacklab3l_
    3 posts

@usmc_tallin I've the same problem it's almost 2 week that accour

• blacklab3l_
    3 posts

@ubisushivamp I've the same problem it's almost 2 week that accour (account blacklab3l_)

• Ubi-Ray
    Ubisoft Support Staff 41 posts

Hello there, @blacklab3l_ ! Thank you for that confirmation. I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this missing proficiency cache issue. To clarify, would you kindly send me a screenshot showing your character level, along with your season level? Also, were you playing a specific directive or in a group when this issue occurred? Additionally, will you please confirm the platform you are playing on so that I can investigate this further for you? If any other agents are still encountering this issue, would you kindly provide me with the same information so that I may continue assisting you as well?

Official Response
  • Recklss_Tortuga
    1 posts

@ubi-ray Im having the same problem. I had started a new game, after leveling past 30 and on, no proficiency chest were awarded at all.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 737 posts

@recklss_tortuga Hi there!

Sorry to hear you've also been affected by this.

Would you be able to provide the information requested in Ubi-Ray's response, so that we can look into this further for you?
    Alternatively you're welcome to reach out to our support team here.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • alientookmybeer
    17 posts

@ubi-nacho There really should be clarification on when you are eligible to receive the Proficiency Caches (coming from ubi).

My understanding is you only get them when either:

1) You gain a base character level which caps out at 30 (40 if you have started the expansion).

2) When you gain season levels after having reached season level 100 (which there seems to be an issue with people who completed the current season when it was first run and can not gain season levels on the re-run). And only expansion owners can play seasons.

So in Tortuga's case, he probably isn't eligible and just doesn't realize that because there's no clarification.. but still no reason to ask him to jump through the unnecessary Q&A hoops.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4120 posts

Hello there @alientookmybeer!

Thanks for sharing your own experience and explanation. To my knowledge, during the progression through the season levels (1-100) players should only gets the season rewards, not the Proficiency caches. Once you have reached level 100 / the seasons end, you should be able to get Proficiency caches again.

If you have reached level 100 and aren't receiving Proficiency caches when levelling up, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate further.

I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused, and hope this explanation provides further clarity.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Noxious81
    371 posts
    (...) when you are eligible to receive the Proficiency Caches (coming from ubi).
    (...) he probably isn't eligible and just doesn't realize that because there's no clarification... (...)

That was made pretty clear back in June 2020 when Season 2 started:

We are also reintroducing Field Proficiency Caches with Season 2. After reaching Season Level 100 every time players’ SHD Level increases they will receive a Field Proficiency Cache!

And it has always been like this for every Season ever since then. No changes have ever been made to that system and tons of threads have all been answered the same way as above:

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2347255-NO-Proficiency-Caches-on-SHD-levelling-up?highlight=field+proficiency+caches
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2346747-Cashes?highlight=field+proficiency+caches
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2346814-No-More-Field-Proficiency-Caches?highlight=field+proficiency+caches
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2346399-If-the-new-season-isn-t-starting-today-can-we-have-field-caches-back-until-it-does/page3?highlight=field+proficiency+caches
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2346441-No-Proficiency-Caches-Reward?highlight=field+proficiency+caches
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2348097-Watch-level-proficiency-caches?highlight=field+proficiency+caches

So I am very sorry, but I really do not see why someone with hundreds and thousands of SHD levels should not be aware of this. It was announced, introduced, and explained multiple times for more than one whole year now. And while newer agents might be a bit confused at first, they all could have found the answer after two minutes of searching the internet – instead of proclaiming a bug.

• Noxious81
    371 posts
    (...) i used to earn prof caches before the "season's" were even in the game simply thru earned exp. (...)

You are probably confusing TD2 with TD1. Field Proficiency Caches made their return to TD2 with Season 2 (see my last posting above).

Its not a new problem, its happened before - but that doesn't make it OK.

And if you would have researched correctly, you'd know that this in fact never was a problem with Ubisoft. It has always been a problem with clueless users preferring to complain (instead of e. g. reading ingame messages or using Google).

Suggested Topics