Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DJ.CodeE
    Original poster 2 posts

Just installed the new DLC, High life and zoom distance is greatly reduced.

It's so far to see anything now. Anyone know how to fix this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• slavvco_II
    1 posts

Hello,
    After update 12, the maximum zoom is reduced. This greatly limits the appearance of the islands and makes the game difficult. The "Papal Paper of Prenatal preservation" item has a bad description in Town Hall.

• DJ.CodeE
    Original poster 2 posts

@slavvco_ii

I have the same bug. Zoom Distance greatly reduced.

• Meatpac
    5 posts

@dj-codee Same for me and it sucks

• Meatpac
    5 posts

My partner and I have the same problem.

• Ubi-Thorlof
    Community Developer 116 posts

This should be fixed by activating the increased zoom distance again in the game settings (in the "gameplay" section).

Official Response
  • Meatpac
    5 posts

Ok I figured out the problem, the update reset a lot of settings and it turned off Increased Camera Distance in the Gameplay tab.

Check that and maybe have a look at your Graphics settings as well just incase they changed.

• Meatpac
    5 posts

@ubi-thorlof Thanks! How come the update reset a lot of settings.

I also noticed my Music was set to 100 instead of 0 and DX12 instead of DX11

• SirHarryPierce
    122 posts

@meatpac it happenes every update, did you also notice some Influence bonus recalculations?

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1455 posts

Hey everyone, thanks for your posts about these issues.

It's great to hear the solution has already been found for the zoom distance. My apologies for the inconvenience of the setting having reset with the update.

In regards to influence calculations, this is something I've highlighted to our dev team. However, I'd like to add further reports to this, to help with our investigation. If you've noticed a discrepancy with your influence when loading a save together with the update, would you be able to get me a screenshot showing your influence without the update active, and then one with the update active? This would really help us to come to a resolution more quickly.

Thanks once again for your reports of all these issues, folks - it's really helping us to get things sorted more quickly.

Official Response
  • Wuschel523
    12 posts

@sirharrypierce

just make sure that you don‘t have any mods running that affect the way influence points are calculated. In the past, mods were the most likely cause of a sudden decrease in influence points.

if you do use mods, make sure to use the updated versions of your mods and the latest mod loader version and delete the cache folder inside the mod folder before starting Anno. It is normal that the startup of the game will take longer since the mods will need to be loaded into the game at this point. A fair amount of reported issues with any Anno update are caused by mods and can be fixed with the correct updates. Also, the number of mods has grown so much that there is always a possibility of mods affecting each other negatively. If updating the mods doesn‘t help, you might have to deactivate them one at a time to isolate the problematic one.

• SirHarryPierce
    122 posts

@wuschel523 thank you, I never run mods.

Suggested Topics